Welcome to InfinitiScene.com - Home for Infiniti QX and Q enthusiasts!
You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to the forums. Why not register on our forums and gain the extra benefits that our regular members enjoy?

• Enthusiast Owned and Operated!
  • Registraion is free.
  • You will be able to post, message, and interact with other members.
  • Our forum is full of friendly, knowledgeable members and staff.
  • Plenty of money saving opportunities from write-ups to maintenance help.
  • Create a garage and show off your ride and specs.
  • Opportunity for ad-free viewing.
  • Plus much more!

Registration is fast, free, and easy, so stop being just a guest and become one of our newly registered members today!

FX45 Nismo Exhaust on FX45 Sound Clip

Discussion in 'FX (03-08) - Engine & Drivetrain' started by Dr.2K, Jul 11, 2007.

1. Dr.2K

Dr.2K iS Doctor on Duty iS VIP

Santa Clarita, CA
    2005 FX45
    Garages:

*Registered members do not see this ad, register today!

2. trainerKEN

trainerKEN iS VIP iS VIP

ah MAN! I just left the house... and my Treo won't play the clip...

3. trainerKEN

trainerKEN iS VIP iS VIP

sorry if this a dumb question, but is Nismo's exhaust "true duel"? I mean... is there a difference in terms of performance if the exhaust is "duel" or not?

4. OP
    OP
    Dr.2K

Santa Clarita, CA
    2005 FX45
    Garages:
    No Ken the nismo is not a dual at all, let alone a true dual. I think in a true dual the 45 may loose a bit of low end torque but gain it back on the top end. Nothing out on the market right now in true dual configuration for the 45, but sablin racing may be just around the corner.

5. trainerKEN

trainerKEN iS VIP iS VIP

oh, I thought Stillen's exhaust was "true duel"...

6. gto

gto Track Ready Moderator

Los Angeles, CA
    05 FX35 RWD
    Garages:
    I dont think the 45 will lose anything with a dual.
    The 35 & 45 share the same stock piping. For sure the 45 can handle more flow, & the Nismo which grows to a 3" works perfect on the 35. I would be willing to take the chance if I had a 45. But on the other hand, the Nismo looks better and is better crafted than the Stillen stuff.

Ken, the Nismo is really the same design as stock, single piping, just bigger, 3" vs. 2.5" (I think), & mandrel vs. crush bent.

Last edited: Jul 12, 2007
  7. trainerKEN

trainerKEN iS VIP iS VIP

I see... and that 1/2" difference makes it sound soooooooooo good?

8. OP
    OP
    Dr.2K

Santa Clarita, CA
    2005 FX45
    Garages:
    Yes, the stillen is a dual (I forgot about it since it wasn't specific to the 45, but I believe it will fit the 45). I have not heard or seen any 45 owner with the stillen.

Dave, I am not absolutely sure if the 45 would loose any on the low end but my gut tells me it may. The change to the 3 in. piping of the nismo is perfect for the 45 in my opinion. I think it would really depend on what size piping is used for the dual on the 45. What is the piping size on the stillen?

I agree the nismo looks alot better then the stillen and I love the oval angled upward tips.

9. gto

Los Angeles, CA
    05 FX35 RWD
    Garages:
    Well, it's that, plus the fat Y-pipe, but mostly it's the rear can. The sound you hear is generated by the muffler design. You, could take everything off aft the down pipes, and you've now got the craziest, loudest beast you ever heard :rofl:, so basically, it's all in the muff.

I like how that sentence ended :confused:

10. OP
    OP
    Dr.2K

Santa Clarita, CA
    2005 FX45
    Garages:
    Oh yea I forgot about my UTR Y pipe which also 3in.

Btw, not too long ago all of a sudden I noticed my exhaust sounded REALLY loud to the point that it was annoying and embarrassing. I thought something broke or came loose. What I found was that when the muffler shop did the welding to extend the tips one part of the weld had developed a small hole. Dam I didn't realize such a small hole could create so much increase in noise! Anyway it is now all fixed.

Btw Dave, I am thinking of going to AAA muffler sometime next week to see if they can straighten out my rear exhaust section. When the dealer replaced the driver side manifold due to faulty O2 sensors they somehow really tweaked my exhaust setup which was perfect! They most likely were really lazy and didn't take the down the whole exhaust system when doing this and just pushed it to one side :mad:. Been meaning to do this for awhile now but just havn't had the time.

11. trainerKEN

trainerKEN iS VIP iS VIP

haha, for awhile there, were you a "ricer"?

12. HumbertoCALI

HumbertoCALI Premium Member Premium

South Gate, CA
    2003 FX45 AWD
    Garages:
    :eek:

Hmm?

13. rookie

rookie Premium Member Premium

14. gto

Los Angeles, CA
    05 FX35 RWD
    Garages:
    If I were you, for a hundred bucks, why not have them bend some nice piping from the can out. Welds at the can, and at the tips. Unlike the way you and Will did it.
    I think it looks so much cleaner that way. Speak to Pepe over there, & tell him Dave sent you. He'll hook you up.

They also weld stainless very well. Hard to find at most shops.

15. gto

Los Angeles, CA
    05 FX35 RWD
    Garages:

Homie, you have nothing to worry about. The combo is gonna be just fine.

16. OP
    OP
    Dr.2K

Santa Clarita, CA
    2005 FX45
    Garages:
    Yes, I am definately thinking about going that route Dave. Will talk to Pepe. Do they have mandrel bending at their shop?

17. gto

Los Angeles, CA
    05 FX35 RWD
    Garages:
    Yes they do, stainless also, but not polished. Dont think that matters.

18. OP
    OP
    Dr.2K

Santa Clarita, CA
    2005 FX45
    Garages:
    Cool, will let you know what happens.

19. rookie

rookie Premium Member Premium

Maybe see if they can make a template? Would be cool if non socalers had a source for a good tip fitment. Could possibly lead to shipping out pre-modded muffler sections.

20. trainerKEN

trainerKEN iS VIP iS VIP

hey, Pierce... how long would you say it'll take for the Nismo exhaust to break in? I think it's starting to... and I'm really (I mean REALLY) liking it... I'm just wondering if it'll keep changing... (it's been about 3 weeks since the install, I think)