Welcome to InfinitiScene.com - Home for Infiniti QX and Q enthusiasts!
You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to the forums. Why not register on our forums and gain the extra benefits that our regular members enjoy?

• Enthusiast Owned and Operated!
  • Registraion is free.
  • You will be able to post, message, and interact with other members.
  • Our forum is full of friendly, knowledgeable members and staff.
  • Plenty of money saving opportunities from write-ups to maintenance help.
  • Create a garage and show off your ride and specs.
  • Opportunity for ad-free viewing.
  • Plus much more!

Registration is fast, free, and easy, so stop being just a guest and become one of our newly registered members today!

Nismo Exhaust: FX35

Discussion in 'FX (03-08) - Gallery' started by jc'sfx, Jul 21, 2007.

1. jc'sfx

jc'sfx Premium Member Premium

*Registered members do not see this ad, register today!

2. fxlr8

fxlr8 Staff Administrator

California
    None
    Garages:
    Sounds good!

3. gto

gto Track Ready Moderator

Los Angeles, CA
    05 FX35 RWD
    Garages:
    +1:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

4. Dr.2K

Dr.2K iS Doctor on Duty iS VIP

Santa Clarita, CA
    2005 FX45
    Garages:
    That's the exact sound why I fell in love with the nismo in the first place. I heard that sound clip way back in 9/2005 and I had to have it for my FX even though I had a 45 and it would probably not sound exactly the same.

5. HumbertoCALI

HumbertoCALI Premium Member Premium

South Gate, CA
    2003 FX45 AWD
    Garages:
    Great Video Dave...

I hope my Video Editing skills are as good as yours.

6. gto

Los Angeles, CA
    05 FX35 RWD
    Garages:
    THX!it's just imovie. Starting to love editing these things, so more to come. You should hear & see the hi res. Unfortunately, they take too long to load, so I dont post.

7. Okay I'm still trying to figure this out. As far as exhaust applications are concerned, will G35 sedan or coupe exhausts work on our FXs? Any modfications needed? As far as the Nismo, is it basically a 350Z application with pipe extension? If so where along the piping are the modifications needed? What about the mount flanges?

8. Dr.2K

Santa Clarita, CA
    2005 FX45
    Garages:
    I do not think a stock G35 sedan or coup exhausts would fit the FX. Maybe with some extreme modifications. No one has done it this way and I do not think anyone would. Why would you? As far as the nismo is concerned there will be minor modifications needed with the tips and possibly for the y-pipe is used but nothing major. And a little more for the 45 but both will require the use of the extension piece.

9. gto

Los Angeles, CA
    05 FX35 RWD
    Garages:
    The G-Coupe & FX "ARE" the same exhaust, less the extra length in the tips. Good question, why would you want to modify one? Maybe you meant something else in your post?
    Calsonic is the brand, & they follow the same path

10. Dr.2K

Santa Clarita, CA
    2005 FX45
    Garages:
    Really? Did not know this. But the sedan is different? Does the FX35 and 45 share the exact same oem exhaust too? Never really compared the two.

11. gto

Los Angeles, CA
    05 FX35 RWD
    Garages:
    Now I'm talking outa my ass, but Arnt they the same? As far as the sedan, it's different for sure cuz its a single out (02 thru 06).

12. Dr.2K

Santa Clarita, CA
    2005 FX45
    Garages:
    I would think so and would probably agree that they are.

13. I guess what I am trying to figure out when selectiing an exhaust for my FX35 is which application (G35c or 350Z) to go with because I dont see very many just for the FXs. So gto-dave, you are saying we should shop for G35c applications since they are technically the same? I know the 350Z and G35c are different in length and flange points and it makes more sense that the longer G35c application fits our cars. As for the Nismo, dont they just make it for the 350Z only? If so then you guys with it on the FX35s must have had to extend the piping right?

14. Chedman13

Chedman13 iS VIP iS VIP

Illinois
    2014 Mercedes-Benz GL63 4Matic
    Garages:
    You are correct, both will work but for 350z exhaust you will need an extension:
    http://mynismo.com/products/?id=4404&rsku=0

Also, typically the y-pipe needs modifications to fit an AWD FX. Also note that even a G35c exhaust, you will need to extend the tips.

You can always just go for an exhaust made for the FX35 (stillen, HKS).

15. Thanks for clearing that up. :)

16. gto

Los Angeles, CA
    05 FX35 RWD
    Garages:
    Dont quote me, but yes, any G coupe application should work with mods, actually any Z for that matter.
    Stay away from true duals like the Stillen, unless you decide to blow your motor, & dont go any bigger than 3" with a single (you'll lose bottom end). If you decide to boost, than the true duals have much better potential.

17. Tkrtape3

Tkrtape3 Member

I have headers for a g35c on my 35 I had g35c Hipo cats and for the awd you have to modify the rightside for the shaft.I have a shop made y pipe going into the HKS system.It worked good. I due love the test pipes though..sounds great.

Tkr

18. Erod750

Erod750 Member

NY
    2005 FX 35 AWD
    nismo exhaust

Sounds so sweet. Can't wait to purchase! :iS:

19. love those sounds !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:):cool: