Welcome to InfinitiScene.com - Home for Infiniti QX and Q enthusiasts!
You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to the forums. Why not register on our forums and gain the extra benefits that our regular members enjoy?

• Enthusiast Owned and Operated!
  • Registraion is free.
  • You will be able to post, message, and interact with other members.
  • Our forum is full of friendly, knowledgeable members and staff.
  • Plenty of money saving opportunities from write-ups to maintenance help.
  • Create a garage and show off your ride and specs.
  • Opportunity for ad-free viewing.
  • Plus much more!

Registration is fast, free, and easy, so stop being just a guest and become one of our newly registered members today!

New Windshield

Discussion in 'QX70 Chat' started by Dr.2K, Oct 17, 2007.

1. Dr.2K

Dr.2K iS Doctor on Duty iS VIP

Santa Clarita, CA
    2005 FX45
    Garages:
    Well I had my front windshield replaced today because a big fat rock hit it on Monday on the way home. It was getting bigger and bigger every day. But man what a difference in sight! Feels like a new car. Anyway, just thought I'd share my misfortune. Btw, I'm glad I don't have the 'lane warning departure system' as this glass is EXPENSIVE.

*Registered members do not see this ad, register today!

2. were did u get it replaced? infiniti dosent do it because i had to replace mine, same reason

3. Keemo

Keemo Premium Member Premium

What does the LDW system have to do with the windsheild?

BTW I feel like replacing it everytime I wash it, I just can't get it perfect.:mad:

4. Psiclne

Psiclne Guest

The Dealership wont replace the windshield?

5. OP
    OP
    Dr.2K

Santa Clarita, CA
    2005 FX45
    Garages:
    The 'REAL' inifiniti oem windshield from Japan is over $600.00 and more for the one with lane departure warning system. I don't know exactly what the difference is but the difference is significant.

I had it replaced here by my home with by a company that does the windshields for Parkway Inifiniti and other dealers. They use the equivalent of the oem glass but made here in the U.S. by 'Pilkington.' I paid $225.00+tax. Price included new moldings ordered form infiniti and installation.

For the same job and materials I was quoted alot higher in Los Angeles. $340.00+tax + 35.00 for the new moldings.

Last edited: Oct 17, 2007
  6. gto

gto Track Ready Moderator

Los Angeles, CA
    05 FX35 RWD
    Garages:
    Maybe cuz Infiniti parts has to special order them new WINSHIELDS :p

7. Chedman13

Chedman13 iS VIP iS VIP

Illinois
    2014 Mercedes-Benz GL63 4Matic
    Garages:
    You should have went custom and go polyurethene or Lexon or something=) Kind of like a carbon fiber hood for your windshield=) not sure how much lbs you'd save or if you'd lose visibility. not to mention the insane price it would have been.

8. HumbertoCALI

HumbertoCALI Premium Member Premium

South Gate, CA
    2003 FX45 AWD
    Garages:
    Well you at least saved some money.. Sucks that you had to go through that Pierce...

This way when Will burns you on the track you wont have to worry about any deibre breaking your WINSHIELDS:p :LOL:;)

Can't wait to all of you guys...

9. yeah miller wouldnt do it i had to go some were else but this was 1 year and a half back..so wen my rearview mirror fell off because of my subs, i went back to infiniti and they said they couldnt put it back on becuase it was different..

10. OP
    OP
    Dr.2K

Santa Clarita, CA
    2005 FX45
    Garages:
    That suks...hope you got it fixed.

11. yeah i did at the end tho i just had to go to some other body shop and pay 20..

12. Krayzie

Krayzie AĆ©rospatiale

cracked my windshield last night and i have the LDW System:err:

13. rookie

rookie Premium Member Premium

I'm joining the club, rock chip on the way to Falkens warehouse. Will need one soon, also realized my windshield is very pitted up.

14. Psiclne

Psiclne Guest

Group Buy?

15. OP
    OP
    Dr.2K

Santa Clarita, CA
    2005 FX45
    Garages:
    Dam thats gonna be one heck of a bill.

Mine was very pitted as well rookie, so i was thinking of changing out the windshield when my misfortune happened.

16. Keemo

:mad:Well, I can join the club now!
    Huge crack along the bottom from edge of defrost to edge of defrost. Dam rocks!

What's that about the custom light weight material?

17. brown_fv

brown_fv Premium Member Premium

Damn that sucks Keemo...my uncle living in Calgary says you're not a true Albertan till your windshield gets cracked lol...i heard it happens all the time there so its not even covered by insurance...is that true?

true story; the FIRST day my sister moved to calgary (this summer) after her car made it there by train we were driving and she got a chip in her windshield :confused:

18. bcheng4jc

bcheng4jc Member

i had my windshield replaced last time after shattering from a flying rock on the highway. i have LDW too! cost me over 1k. even the generic windshield from those mobile installers cost over 1k!!! it's because of the cutout in the top tinted blue region of the windshield for the LDW camera. 400-500 bucks for a tiny cutout.....messed up! luckily insurance paid

19. Keemo

Yah, your uncle is right. Two weeks after moving here from Victoria it happend. and Two months after getting the FX it happend again. The insurance has an option where you'll pay like $30/month but then when it happends there is like a $200-$300 deductible. :rofl: What a joke when a new (not OEM) windsheild can be installed for $325 or so. And there's no point in getting an OEM for double cause in two weeks it's just gona crack again.:LOL: Dam farmers and truckers!