Welcome to InfinitiScene.com - Home for Infiniti QX and Q enthusiasts!
You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to the forums. Why not register on our forums and gain the extra benefits that our regular members enjoy?

• Enthusiast Owned and Operated!
  • Registraion is free.
  • You will be able to post, message, and interact with other members.
  • Our forum is full of friendly, knowledgeable members and staff.
  • Plenty of money saving opportunities from write-ups to maintenance help.
  • Create a garage and show off your ride and specs.
  • Opportunity for ad-free viewing.
  • Plus much more!

Registration is fast, free, and easy, so stop being just a guest and become one of our newly registered members today!

FX35 new to forum soo time to start contributing

Discussion in 'FX (03-08) - Engine & Drivetrain' started by Chinke82, Jul 24, 2007.

1. Hi there guys,

Im new to this forum, came over from infinitifx.org. I just ordered a Power Enterprise oil pan, Strupp headers, XO2 True Duel Exhaust (HKS hi power exhaust replica), Berk Industries HFC. I will post pictures of everything and give a detailed review of each when they call come in. I just wanted to say thank you Rookie for all the information that you have shared with everyone and just that you dont know how beneficial it was to me.

P.S. I will have to mod the XO2 exhaust at the tip to make it fit so wish me luck on how that goes lol.

Prices that i got them for for anybody that's wondering:
    Strupp Headers - $465 Shipped
    XO2 Exhaust - $596 Shipped Ship date 8/20/07
    Berk Industries HFC metallic core- $416.13 Shipped
    used Power Enterprise oil pan - $250 Shipped

Last edited: Jul 24, 2007

*Registered members do not see this ad, register today!

2. rookie

rookie Premium Member Premium

Welcome to the scene. :biggrin:

Thanks for the kind words (really mean it), please post progress and anything you can along the way. Converting G and Z parts to the FX is a challenge but it's a fun experience if you like learning. :)

All of your stuff should fit with little hassle except for the X02 exhaust (love the sound)

Our wheel base is the same as the G coupe so those extension pipes provided should get you to the rear correctly. Next challenge would be to get the tips out past the bumper for looks and sound. ;)

Looking at the tip configuration, it looks like a sleeve, once you get the sleeve off and take a look you can go from there. I think it'll need to be extended about 6-8 inches. The nismo exhaust boys can confirm this. Good luck and post progress.

350zg35catbacksw1.jpg

Attached Files:

3. Dr.2K

Dr.2K iS Doctor on Duty iS VIP

Santa Clarita, CA
    2005 FX45
    Garages:
    Welcome! I like the first set of mods you picked out. Lets us know how it goes and post lots of pics along the way if possible.

4. BaBaLuwee

BaBaLuwee Member

So. Cal
    2004 FX 35 RWD
    +1 Great mods. I would love to hear some sound clips also.

5. OP
    OP
    Chinke82

Chinke82 Member

I just received the PE oil pan and will be installing it on Saturday. Since this does nothing for hp wise ill just post pics of the step by step install. On another note though, has anyone installed the motordyne mrev2 lower plenum? Will it increase hp & tq even though i already have a crawford v5 upper plenum.

6. Frankiago

Frankiago Evo Troll Premium

IL
    Why the oil pan? You planning on eventually going with the PE TT kit?:p

7. brown_fv

brown_fv Premium Member Premium

i believe rookie has the MREV2. i was thinking about getting it but it seems to be very expensive and it gives better gains on the rev-up engine which we dont have. maybe down the road if im still looking for some additional power i will look towards the MREV2.

when are you getting your strup headers installed? i was thinking about those too so if you could please post your impressions and thoughts after the install it would be great.

8. OP
    OP
    Chinke82

Chinke82 Member

Cube,

I eventually plan on getting the Greddy Twin or vortech installed hopefully around the time when i get my tax return back next year. SGP racing said they already put in a couple of greddys' on the fx35.

Brown_fv,

according to UPS, i should be getting the headers no later than Tuesday. This saturday i will be dyno-ing the car so i can post some before graphs for yall. My friend and i are planning on installing the headers ourselves so i will just have to see how that turns out. lol. plenty of pics to come guys. The graph that i will be posting will like my current mods yall see in my sig though so it wont be exactly a stock fx35.

9. brown_fv

thats great news to hear. i cant wait to see your dyno, because our mods are pretty much the same i can get an understanding what kind of power im putting down (i know they wont be the same).

10. Where did u buy the X02 from? link maybe?

11. brown_fv

any updates with the mods?

12. rookie

rookie Premium Member Premium

13. Ausfx

Ausfx Member

Chinke82, SGP installed a JWT on my FX along with a few other mods last April. I thought they did a pretty good job.

But I am going back to them next week to look at my tranny. It is shifting very hard at 20 mph.

While there I may be getting a couple more mods. Must get over 400 RWHP!:bigsmile:

14. brown_fv

Hey man, you should post up some pics of your FX when you get a chance:nerd:

15. Dr.2K

Dr.2K iS Doctor on Duty iS VIP

Santa Clarita, CA
    2005 FX45
    Garages:
    If you have some drag track time slips please pm me the results and/or a copy of the slip so I can add you here

Top 1/4 Mile Times ( FX35, FX45, EX - Bolt-Ons and FI ) - InfinitiScene.com

16. OP
    OP
    Chinke82

Chinke82 Member

wow totally forgot about this thread. My daughter finally decided to pop out and is now 7 months old. If anyone is interested in getting the XO2 exhaust let me just say this. DO NOT GET IT. IT WILL RUST like mine does. I am junking this. It hits the W bar every once in a while. The tips will turn brown and not stay blueish lol. Im replacing this with a fast intention 3" dominator. Im sad that I did not ever get a chance to get it all dynoed. You know what? Screw it. Im going right now. Be back in 45 mins with sheets.

17. Keemo

Keemo Premium Member Premium

:rofl: AWESOME!!!:cool:

18. OP
    OP
    Chinke82

Chinke82 Member

Dyno operator is overbooked today. Scheduled me in for 2pm tomorrow

19. brown_fv

Awesome...yeah i heard really bad things about the X02 exhaust. a member on the .org custom fitted a fast intentions 2.5" true dual and hes sending me pics so i think i will probably end up going that route (and hes AWD too!)

20. Keemo

Keemo Premium Member Premium

Oh man! I love the sound of their exhaust. Are there any clips or pix of it on the FX?