Welcome to InfinitiScene.com - Home for Infiniti QX and Q enthusiasts!
You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to the forums. Why not register on our forums and gain the extra benefits that our regular members enjoy?

• Enthusiast Owned and Operated!
  • Registraion is free.
  • You will be able to post, message, and interact with other members.
  • Our forum is full of friendly, knowledgeable members and staff.
  • Plenty of money saving opportunities from write-ups to maintenance help.
  • Create a garage and show off your ride and specs.
  • Opportunity for ad-free viewing.
  • Plus much more!

Registration is fast, free, and easy, so stop being just a guest and become one of our newly registered members today!

FX35 New spacer on the market.

Discussion in 'FX (03-08) - Engine & Drivetrain' started by rookie, Feb 13, 2008.

1. rookie

rookie Premium Member Premium

*Registered members do not see this ad, register today!

2. jbaker1121

jbaker1121 Im in touch with humanity iS VIP

Westchester, New York
    09 FX50
    Garages:
    o0o looks appetizing
    yo rook.

which one shoudl i get haha

Last edited: Feb 13, 2008
  3. Keemo

Keemo Premium Member Premium

After I pick Up my springs next week, the spacer will be my next mod.
    Do I reallly need all that stuff from Motordyne like the copper and thermal bridging thingy for cold weather? Or will something like this for half the price work just fine?

4. Psiclne

Psiclne Guest

I think you're ok without it - I mean you dont have that thermo/copper stuff on the car now and its ok in the cold right?

5. Keemo

That's exactly what I was thinking! If I dont have them now, why would I need them when I get the spacer put in? :LOL:

6. brown_fv

brown_fv Premium Member Premium

That new product looks very promising. it is however very unfortunate to see the complications in that thread. kind of really turned me off from every buying anything from motordyne ever again.

on another note, the powerlabs spacer looks great and is VERY cost effective. if i didnt already have a spacer i would pick this up in a heart beat.

7. Keemo

I agree. I just finished reading that thread and it's too bad that my image of Motordyne seems tarnished now. I think I might pick one of these up. You just cant beat the price. But on the order form there is no Alberta listed or Canada for that matter.:confused: I'll call them tomorrow.

8. brown_fv

haha yeah just give them a call and theyll give you the exact price with shipping.

9. Psiclne

Psiclne Guest

Just making sure Keemo that you know its a 3/8's and not a 1/2"
    Not a huge difference really - just an 8th - but just throwing that out there.

10. Psiclne

Psiclne Guest

+1 pretty jacked up. This reminds me of a guy selling a nav update on the org and then a member comes in a says hes giving his away for free.....jacked up sh*t if you ask me. :mad:

11. Mongolian

Mongolian Premium Member Premium

Will this fit on our FX?? Looks like the application only mentions G/Z.

Please help a noob out =D

I will place an order as soon as I can confirm if this fits on our FX. This sounds like a good deal.

12. jbaker1121

jbaker1121 Im in touch with humanity iS VIP

Westchester, New York
    09 FX50
    Garages:
    group Buy!!!!!!!!

13. OP
    OP
    rookie

Will fit the FX VQ35 just like all other spacers.

14. brown_fv

i don't think theyre doing a group buy price on that spacer right now. the price is very reasonable. to be 100% honest if you were going to get a motordyne spacer you can get just this and it would be cheaper than any group buy price on a motordyne spacer.

i dont think the sizing matters way too much. i was recently going over the motordyne graphs and i think if i bought a spacer again i would have gotten the 5/16 since the average gains from 2K to redline are higher than the 1/2". the 1/2" makes more power from 5K to redline. the 5/16 also produced more TQ. this one is 3/8 i believe which is just slightly bigger than 5/16.

15. OP
    OP
    rookie

The price point is hard to beat. The Aramid gasket available from MD is a cool option, but realistically the whole engine gets hot one way or another so not sure how much one could thermally isolate the intake system.

16. Keemo

Ok, I bit it! :LOL: $209 shipped to my office. I can't wait!

17. Mongolian

They fished me too. =D

The price was too cheap to pass by. I also like the fact that there is no need to use a gasket.

Does this thing give low to mid gains or mid to high gain? Help the noob plz.

18. Keemo

Based off of what Brown said, i think it'll be a nice middle ground for power.

19. Psiclne

Psiclne Guest

Yeah the 3/8 is in the middle. If we convert the fractions:

3/8 = 6/16
    1/2 = 8/16

20. Mongolian

My spacer is coming in tomorrow. I can't wait!