Welcome to InfinitiScene.com - Home for Infiniti QX and Q enthusiasts!
You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to the forums. Why not register on our forums and gain the extra benefits that our regular members enjoy?

• Enthusiast Owned and Operated!
  • Registraion is free.
  • You will be able to post, message, and interact with other members.
  • Our forum is full of friendly, knowledgeable members and staff.
  • Plenty of money saving opportunities from write-ups to maintenance help.
  • Create a garage and show off your ride and specs.
  • Opportunity for ad-free viewing.
  • Plus much more!

Registration is fast, free, and easy, so stop being just a guest and become one of our newly registered members today!

new rollers on order

Discussion in 'FX (03-08) - Wheels & Suspension' started by PGTFTW, Feb 22, 2008.

1. PGTFTW

PGTFTW Member

VA
    After much discussion, we ordered some Volk LE37T in gloss black. The last set in the country. 18x9ET40. Not as much lip as these, but the best pic I could find (and a hot car to boot!)

[​IMG]

*Registered members do not see this ad, register today!

2. rookie

rookie Premium Member Premium

leemik I think. LE37s are hawt!!!! 18x9 or 18x9.5?

3. Dr.2K

Dr.2K iS Doctor on Duty iS VIP

Santa Clarita, CA
    2005 FX45
    Garages:
    Very very nice!

4. OP
    OP
    PGTFTW

PGTFTW Member

VA
    18x9ET40. All they had left at Mackin. I was going to get BBS CH (two sets left, on their way from Germany now), but don't want to wait another two weeks to get them. About the same money.

With the H&R's and 20" Parada Spec-X, the ride is a bit rough for our 5mo old in the back (Recaro seat even ;) ). I like the stance, so, the alternative is to roll back to a smaller wheel and tire size. 19's are pointless...tires are few and far between and $$$$, so 18's will work. Hope it doesn't look too silly.

I'm going to order either Avon Tech ST in 265/60/18 or Yoko Geolander's in the same size. We need an A/S tire around here and even with AWD, the Parada Spec-X were a bit sketchy in the snow. Any other suggestions I should look at? The only reservation on the Avon's is the silly 45lb weight.

5. BIGTURK

BIGTURK Premium Member Premium

Great looking wheels.

6. brown_fv

brown_fv Premium Member Premium

thats gonna look AMAZING!! i love the LE's.

i too might possibly get a set of Volks; 19" though, or a set of Works in 20"

7. gto

gto Track Ready Moderator

Los Angeles, CA
    05 FX35 RWD
    Garages:
    Nice lookin wheels. Looking forward to seeing them on.

8. OP
    OP
    PGTFTW

PGTFTW Member

VA
    I have 17" Work VS-XX on order for my MINI Cooper, so I had to do something a bit different on the FX.

9. f1fx

f1fx Member

I love my volks and have a hard time choosing what wheels to run on. my ordens are sweet beeing 22's, but driving with my volks on, i can notice a big diff on performace, about 15lbs lighter per wheel of unsprung weight. Congrats on your new wheels, your going to love them even more once you drive with them.

10. brown_fv

What Volks do you have? Pictures????

11. f1fx

f1fx Member

volk te37 19x9.5 with dunlop 295 45 19 on all 4

DSC01685.jpg

DSC01683.jpg

DSC01688.jpg

DSC01691.jpg

DSC01693.jpg

Attached Files:

12. brown_fv

Thanks for the pics! they look very similar to the LE's. in the pictures are you riding on H&Rs? looks nice; really performance oriented look.

13. OP
    OP
    PGTFTW

PGTFTW Member

VA
    those are LE37T's. TE37 = normal. LE = Limited Edition. For '04-06, they were gunmetal, for '07, they were gloss black. Thanks for teh pics.....exactly what I wanted to see :) I had 16" TE37 Time Attack for my MINI...the spokes were flat and had no dish. The Nissan apps look much better

14. OP
    OP
    PGTFTW

PGTFTW Member

VA
    what's the weight on the stock 20" wheel? 37lbs or so?

15. BIGTURK

BIGTURK Premium Member Premium

I believe they're 36 lbs.

16. OP
    OP
    PGTFTW

PGTFTW Member

VA
    wheels should be coming my way tomorrow. I ordered Avon Tech ST in 265/60/18. Not crazy about the 45lb weight, but they're 9" wide tread vs. the 38lb Yoko Geolanders which are only 8.4". The Volks should make up for it over stock...I'll weigh them before mounting. Should be a nice setup...got a fresh alignment this morning.

17. OP
    OP
    PGTFTW

PGTFTW Member

VA
    got these in tonight. no TPMS included (were supposed to be). Can I use Nissan ones off eBay?

I put them on a scale....18.2lbs each.

View attachment 140048

18. Dr.2K

Santa Clarita, CA
    2005 FX45
    Garages:
    Nice! Yes, you can get an oem TPMS off ebay but make sure they will fit with these wheels(sometimes the holes are too small). Also, once you get them you will have to have the dealer program it for your FX.

19. OP
    OP
    PGTFTW

PGTFTW Member

VA
    any idea on what they charge? I'm considering having the shop swap the existing TPMS off the stock wheels and buying new ones for the buyer of the stock set.
    saves me a trip to the dealer.

20. Dr.2K

Santa Clarita, CA
    2005 FX45
    Garages:
    Probably cheaper to remove the old set off the stock wheels then to get new ones re-programed at the dealer. But you should call a few dealers and ask pricing.