Welcome to InfinitiScene.com - Home for Infiniti QX and Q enthusiasts!
You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to the forums. Why not register on our forums and gain the extra benefits that our regular members enjoy?

• Enthusiast Owned and Operated!
  • Registraion is free.
  • You will be able to post, message, and interact with other members.
  • Our forum is full of friendly, knowledgeable members and staff.
  • Plenty of money saving opportunities from write-ups to maintenance help.
  • Create a garage and show off your ride and specs.
  • Opportunity for ad-free viewing.
  • Plus much more!

Registration is fast, free, and easy, so stop being just a guest and become one of our newly registered members today!

FX35 Need to Improve the braking on my FX

Discussion in 'FX (03-08) - Engine & Drivetrain' started by CloseEncounters, Jan 27, 2008.

1. I'm looking for ways to inprove the braking on my FX35 other than going for a full-blown Big Brake Kit. Any ideas and comments are appreciated.

Also looking for the procedure for painting the Front Grille black. ie: prepping, primer and paint type. These babies look oooh sooo good with the blacked out grilles.

Thanks in advance

*Registered members do not see this ad, register today!

2. Chedman13

Chedman13 iS VIP iS VIP

Illinois
    2014 Mercedes-Benz GL63 4Matic
    Garages:
    Stage 2 Stop Tech kit:
    http://mynismo.com/products/?id=2966

http://www.stoptech.com/products/stage1_2_upgrades.shtml

You can always just get Stage 1, depending on what you want.

I'll let someone else chime in on the Front Grille.

Welcome by the way.

3. Dr.2K

Dr.2K iS Doctor on Duty iS VIP

Santa Clarita, CA
    2005 FX45
    Garages:
    Last edited: Jan 27, 2008
  4. brown_fv

brown_fv Premium Member Premium

Cross drilled and/or slotted rotors, hawk pads, SS brake lines. that should set you in a good direction.

5. Psiclne

Psiclne Guest

I went with the RotorPros - basically stock sized, but are cross drilled and slotted. The squeaks went away completely. I'm very happy with them, gives me that sporty look of cross drilled and slotted without breaking the bank. They have em for 03-05.....so far.

6. Hey Guys....thanks for the quick response and suggestions. I'm leaning toward the SS Lines, Hawk Pads and Slots. (presently running Two Piece rotors, SS lines and Porsche Boxster S Four Piston calipers on the VW Passat)

The blacked out grilles look sick and appear to be much easier to paint than I'd thought. I've got access to lots of cool aviation stuff including epoxy paints and primer so it looks like this is gonna be the first of many mods.

Hope to be the first FX in NYC with the blacked out look...;)I suspect I may be helping some NY FX owners do the same. Thanks again for the responses and links.

7. CO FX

CO FX Member

Pads, steele braided lines, and FLUID will be your most effective upgrades. Rotors are just more of a bling factor unless you take your car to the track.

8. Daklee671

Daklee671 Member

Guam
    On the stage 2, its says its for 2004-2006, will these kits still fit my 2003 model ne one??

9. Deecarp

Deecarp Premium Member Premium

Bay Area
    QX60 AWD
    Darryl
    Ditto with what Will has said...I still have to do my brake lines but the rotors are done and they look, feel, and no calling the pigs due to squealing. lol...

10. gto

gto Track Ready Moderator

Los Angeles, CA
    05 FX35 RWD
    Garages:
    Here Piggy Piggy!
    Mine's a damn squealer :shame:

11. Deecarp

Deecarp Premium Member Premium

Bay Area
    QX60 AWD
    Darryl
    Time to upgrade Dave what are you waiting for, the hogs to start calling...

12. gto

gto Track Ready Moderator

Los Angeles, CA
    05 FX35 RWD
    Garages:
    One thing at a time Dee. we dont want to run out of things to do, do we?