Welcome to InfinitiScene.com - Home for Infiniti QX and Q enthusiasts!
You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to the forums. Why not register on our forums and gain the extra benefits that our regular members enjoy?

• Enthusiast Owned and Operated!
  • Registraion is free.
  • You will be able to post, message, and interact with other members.
  • Our forum is full of friendly, knowledgeable members and staff.
  • Plenty of money saving opportunities from write-ups to maintenance help.
  • Create a garage and show off your ride and specs.
  • Opportunity for ad-free viewing.
  • Plus much more!

Registration is fast, free, and easy, so stop being just a guest and become one of our newly registered members today!

Need some advice regarding rotorpro rotors...

Discussion in 'FX (03-08) - Wheels & Suspension' started by brown_fv, Nov 14, 2007.

1. brown_fv

brown_fv Premium Member Premium

Hey guys, i recently decided i want to upgrade my rotors, brake lines, etc. so i sent an email over to Rotorpro regarding their rotors (from the GB)

i asked him if he will still honor the price that was on the GB (for the rotors + pads) and he said he cant do anything right now because they have nothing for 2006 FXs...i said ok, how about the rotors, brcause i wanted slotted rotors.

he told me the only way to do it is if they got a set of "2006" rotors from the dealer and then did their "magic" to them and then sold them to me which would be "Way" more expensive than before.

i thought that from 06+ only the size of the brake pads changed for our FX35s not the rotors as well...:confused:

is this guy yanking my chain or what?

*Registered members do not see this ad, register today!

2. Psiclne

Psiclne Guest

3. Dr.2K

Dr.2K iS Doctor on Duty iS VIP

Santa Clarita, CA
    2005 FX45
    Garages:
    That is a good idea Will. Brown, I think Will is right you should give Joe a call and ask him if they are indeed different.

4. Psiclne

Psiclne Guest

I just sent Chris a PM - hes works for a Dealership also......

5. Psiclne

Psiclne Guest

Per Chris (AKA BTLFED)

Thanks Chris for confirming that for us.

6. EG3

EG3 Premium Member Premium

you can also look at zeckhousen for rotor/pad info. I got the pad type from their website and bought 06 m45 front and fx rear hawk hps pads for $106 including shipping from ebay. Got them installed last week, they work great.. Check this website for info (not to buy though, they're expensive):
    http://www.zeckhausen.com/Infiniti/FX45.htm

The front rotors for 06+ is 320x33 type 42092 (for centric I guess. it should also apply for rotopros as they use centric)
    Rear rotor sizes didn't change (as well as pad types), they're 308x16 type 42078

You can shop at other websites and in the detailed info they tell you the rotor/pad type. I think the numbering is universal, ie, if you get 42092 rotors for some other infiniti/nissan, they should fit yours.

7. BTLFED

BTLFED Member

Woodstock GA
    2006 FX35 AWD
    No problem. I totally didn't see this thread until now otherwise I would have helped out earlier lol:wub:

8. BTLFED

BTLFED Member

Woodstock GA
    2006 FX35 AWD
    Actually, in 05 they added three more different compounds (I'm guessing, since they are 4 different colors but no size difference lol).

9. OP
    OP
    brown_fv

brown_fv Premium Member Premium

Thanks for the info guys!

10. :LOL:

11. Psiclne

Psiclne Guest

No more Drugs & Red Bulls for ya Allen......we need to cut you off.;)

12. Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo I Need A Fix Of Redbull Vodka And Krystol! ! ! ! !