Welcome to InfinitiScene.com - Home for Infiniti QX and Q enthusiasts!
You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to the forums. Why not register on our forums and gain the extra benefits that our regular members enjoy?

• Enthusiast Owned and Operated!
  • Registraion is free.
  • You will be able to post, message, and interact with other members.
  • Our forum is full of friendly, knowledgeable members and staff.
  • Plenty of money saving opportunities from write-ups to maintenance help.
  • Create a garage and show off your ride and specs.
  • Opportunity for ad-free viewing.
  • Plus much more!

Registration is fast, free, and easy, so stop being just a guest and become one of our newly registered members today!

Need Rear Brakes

Discussion in 'FX (03-08) - Wheels & Suspension' started by gto, Jan 30, 2008.

1. gto

gto Track Ready Moderator

Los Angeles, CA
    05 FX35 RWD
    Garages:

*Registered members do not see this ad, register today!

2. fxlr8

fxlr8 Staff Administrator

California
    None
    Garages:
    I have ebc green stuffs, they squeal. My next change I am going back to stock pads.

3. OP
    OP
    gto

Los Angeles, CA
    05 FX35 RWD
    Garages:
    My stockers squeal though, so I want to try something diff. thx

4. BTLFED

BTLFED Member

Woodstock GA
    2006 FX35 AWD
    Your stock rear ones squeal or the fronts? There was a problem with the fronts squealing. There is a TSB on it.

5. Dr.2K

Dr.2K iS Doctor on Duty iS VIP

Santa Clarita, CA
    2005 FX45
    Garages:
    Its not the pads that cause the squeal, its more the rotor. I use the oem pads with the stoptech rotors and I have no squealing. Only after a car wash does it squeal but goes away soon after it dries.

6. OP
    OP
    gto

Los Angeles, CA
    05 FX35 RWD
    Garages:
    I had the TSB done in the past. Fix lasted 'bout a day :confused:
    Have you had better luck with the TSB?

7. brown_fv

brown_fv Premium Member Premium

I heard great things about the Hawks pads. a lot of the g35 guys change to these pads with their brembos. i will probably look into them when i need new brake pads.

8. Keemo

Keemo Premium Member Premium

I dont have any advise on what to get, but about the squeeling... mine squeel very bad when its -10 or colder. Otherwise no problems.

9. BTLFED

BTLFED Member

Woodstock GA
    2006 FX35 AWD
    We haven't had customers come back after it was done so I guess so. Yours being an 05 though, there are a couple different pads it may take depending on the VIN.

10. brown_fv

brown_fv Premium Member Premium

Hey Keemo how are you enjoying the weather? my sister called from Calgary last night and said it got to -45 with the wind chill. she does have a block-heater on her Rav4 so her car almost didn't start in the morning (parked outdoors)

11. Keemo

Keemo Premium Member Premium

:LOL:Man... what can I say. It's F#$%in cold here. -28 this morning and 'warmed' up to -24 I think. I start the FX at lunch for about 30 mins to let her warm up. If I dont it hesitates at the end of the day. I'm glad I put in Amsoil before this hit! Talk about 'Cold Air' Intake.

12. Psiclne

Psiclne Guest

My squeeling went away completely when I changed out the rotors - I have zero squeel now. I've also had the TSB done at one point and it lasted like a month or so.

13. Dr.2K

Dr.2K iS Doctor on Duty iS VIP

Santa Clarita, CA
    2005 FX45
    Garages:
    Yea, I forgot that I also had the TSB done and it didn't help thus the stage2 upgrade.

14. wasabiz45

wasabiz45 Member

got the hawk HPS since my first brake job, matched them w/x-drilled rotors... no squeals unless it's zero degrees out and i'm just backing out of the driveway in the morning. Once warmed up, they're quiet.

15. theMerchant

theMerchant iS VIP iS VIP

I am going to do my rear brakes also. Just recieved the premium rotors from R1 w/ Posiquiets. I just got the blanks (no slot or drilled) for the rears ... more surface area.

My question is, do I need to change the inner brake pads? (parking brake). I have 57,000 miles.

thanks

16. Unless you have driven some miles with the ebrake enganged, I doubt the ebrake shoes need to be changed. I haven't read of anyone ever changing them. Just give them a visual inspection when you remove the rotors.

You may need a heavy hammer to remove the OEM rotors if you have never had them off the hub before. They can get rusted onto the hub but they eventually come loose.

17. jumbosrule

jumbosrule Premium Member Premium

Redondo Beach, CA
    2003 FX35T
    Brad
    Garages:
    Interested to hear what you go with, Dave. I have the hawks in the back and they are quiet, but produce a lot of dust. I plan to go back to OEM pads in the back if I don't see a couple really positive reviews on some other types of pads. Definitely track your decision and give some testimonials once you have them?

18. tmnjfx35

tmnjfx35 Member

south jersey
    07 fx35
    Just bought 07 fx w/sport- car has 15k miles- dealer replaced rear pads which were down to 3mm- invoice shows they used Morse Elt905 pads- haven't had any squeaking at all stops nice and good pedal feel.

I was a little surprised that the car went thru the rear brakes so quick.

19. theMerchant

theMerchant iS VIP iS VIP

Im sure he choose already, the original thread was posted in 08 ;)

I new REAR pads are really tiny. if I didnt know better I would look at them and think they are for a motorcycle.

---------- Post added at 09:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:53 AM ----------

thanks, I just didnt want to be into it and not doing it the same time. But most people who do the rears dont talk about it.:err:

20. dopie

dopie Premium Member Premium

Fountain Valley, CA
    Alex
    Garages:
    are the R1 same thing as ROTORPROS?