Welcome to InfinitiScene.com - Home for Infiniti QX and Q enthusiasts!
You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to the forums. Why not register on our forums and gain the extra benefits that our regular members enjoy?

• Enthusiast Owned and Operated!
  • Registraion is free.
  • You will be able to post, message, and interact with other members.
  • Our forum is full of friendly, knowledgeable members and staff.
  • Plenty of money saving opportunities from write-ups to maintenance help.
  • Create a garage and show off your ride and specs.
  • Opportunity for ad-free viewing.
  • Plus much more!

Registration is fast, free, and easy, so stop being just a guest and become one of our newly registered members today!

Need Help On What 22" Tire Size To Get!! Wheels Are Coming In Monday

Discussion in 'FX (03-08) - Wheels & Suspension' started by Kkrogers, Oct 19, 2007.

1. :confused:I am trying to figure out what size of tire to put on my new wheels. I have Zinik Z6 22 x 9.5 wheels with 35mm offset coming in on Monday and I still cannot figure out what size of tire to put on them. I don't want to go too narrow or too wide and I am kind of stuck with Toyo Proxes sizes. The size that my dealer is suggesting is 265/40/R22, but it is almost equal to the stock size tire according to their specs. I would like to go a little wider if possible.

Any suggestions? What about the 285/35R22? That is a little wider and a little lower profile.

Please help!~ I need to order tires soon, I can't wait to get them on the car!

Thanks,
    K

*Registered members do not see this ad, register today!

2. Dr.2K

Dr.2K iS Doctor on Duty iS VIP

Santa Clarita, CA
    2005 FX45
    Garages:
    I think the best bet for tires if you want to go with 285's are these;

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/Compa...ting=Y&speed_rating=(Y)&RunFlat=All&x=70&y=13

There will be a slight decrease from the oem height but not really noticeable and you speedo with be off 1.9% too fast. No big deal. Or you can go bigger to the 305/35/22 like on mine. And the only choice for 295's that would be close to oem height is this;

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/Compa...W&speed_rating=Y&speed_rating=(Y)&RunFlat=All

3. brown_fv

brown_fv Premium Member Premium

i think 285/35-20 would be good but the tires are a bit small. what about 285/40-20?