Welcome to InfinitiScene.com - Home for Infiniti QX and Q enthusiasts!
You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to the forums. Why not register on our forums and gain the extra benefits that our regular members enjoy?

• Enthusiast Owned and Operated!
  • Registraion is free.
  • You will be able to post, message, and interact with other members.
  • Our forum is full of friendly, knowledgeable members and staff.
  • Plenty of money saving opportunities from write-ups to maintenance help.
  • Create a garage and show off your ride and specs.
  • Opportunity for ad-free viewing.
  • Plus much more!

Registration is fast, free, and easy, so stop being just a guest and become one of our newly registered members today!

Need Help from wheel experts

Discussion in 'FX (03-08) - Wheels & Suspension' started by Mongolian, Nov 29, 2007.

1. Mongolian

Mongolian Premium Member Premium

I got a really good price on Sevas S-55 and wanted to know if these wheels will work on the FX. There have been couple of questions raised about the load rating on other wheels and other issues with wheels cracking.

I am not certain on the load rating, but it looks like the FX weighs another 500lbs more than the G35. Can I safely use these wheels on my FX?

Regarding the wheel cracking issue, I feel that it won't be an issue for us since we won't be using 30 to 25 profile tires just to make the wheels fit. I think the wheels cracked on other cars since they were running rubber band tires after hitting a pot hole.

I will have to purchase 20x8.5 +25 offset front and 20X10 +40 offset for the rear right? It doesn't have to look perfectly flush, but I do want it to look decent.

Rookie? Wheel expert? Please chime in. Thanks

*Registered members do not see this ad, register today!

2. rookie

rookie Premium Member Premium

I believe that's the setup Min used as well. If you're AWD 20x10 +40 all around would be more ideal. Get the tire heights as close to the same as possible either way. Min used a 265/50-20 and a 295/45-20

As far as load rating, we're heavier than the G/Zs, but weigh less than most other suvs. A good example of a heavy car is the 300/magnum/charger family. They are up the in the 4500lb range and run car load type wheels.

3. OP
    OP
    Mongolian

Rookie,

So it sounds like it'll be OK. I emailed the manufacturer regarding the load rating and hopefully I will get a response.

What do you think about the cracking issue? Shouldn't be much of a problem due to the thick tires I will be using, I think.

Looks like I will pull the trigger once I feel pretty comfortable. Can't really beat $1,225 shipped. That's the best price I've seen new for these.

4. rookie

rookie Premium Member Premium

Your front wheels will be slightly tucked in vs your rear wheels

The 8.5 +25 is like running a 21mm spacer on the stock wheels in the front.
    The 10 +40 is like running a 25mm spacer on the stock wheels in the rear.

If you ever look at a FX the fronts are in a little bit more than the rears, I'd say somewhere in the 10mm range.

Cracking can happen for a number of reason, metal too hard air pockets in the casting. Stuff like that. Certain hitting hard stuff like curbs and big potholes with no tire can do it too.

5. OP
    OP
    Mongolian

Hmmm....

Did some very disturbing reading on these wheels in other forums. It appears cracking isn't due to hitting a pot hole in some cases. These "victims" were just driving and the wheel literally cracked....

Maybe not wise to buy these since I do haul around my 2 year old in the FX.

Last edited: Nov 29, 2007
  6. Dr.2K

Dr.2K iS Doctor on Duty iS VIP

Santa Clarita, CA
    2005 FX45
    Garages:
    Aren't the sevas forged wheels? Those are the same wheels Min had before he moved up to the iforged.

7. OP
    OP
    Mongolian

Sevas now has a forged line, but the ones I was considering are not forged.

8. Dr.2K

Santa Clarita, CA
    2005 FX45
    Garages:
    Well if there are that many bad experiences from others on the Sevas brand then I would definitely stay away from them. If its within your budget I would get a set of forged wheels as they are much much stronger.

9. brown_fv

brown_fv Premium Member Premium

I have read a lot of stories of Sevas' wheels just cracking, IMO i would stay away from that company.

10. OP
    OP
    Mongolian

I wish I had more disposable income right now. December is the time of year where crap load of money goes out including house & car insurance, property taxes, and Christmas presents. It's quite depressing

Forged wheels are currently out of my budget. I've been looking at the new Volk Racing GT-30 as a potential. Any ideas on how much these will be in 20s? Perhaps next year when I get promoted, I can make my dream a reality.

Only toy that I will add to my car this year is H&R springs as soon as they become available (out of stock everywhere).

11. OP
    OP
    Mongolian

I think I just read those stories today. I think I know why they are so cheap now. Talk about bad reputation...

12. trainerKEN

trainerKEN iS VIP iS VIP

the wheels that I really like are a brand I've never heard of before... call Vossen Wheels: http://www.vossenwheels.com/ They're not forged nor multi-piece, but they look like they are. I like the VVS078's in flat black but they told me that as of right now, no 5x114.3 for the 22s...

13. Dr.2K

Santa Clarita, CA
    2005 FX45
    Garages:
    Ken, if you like those then here is one that fits the bill.

http://www.d2autosport.com/modulare.html#sstar Look at the modulare M5

14. trainerKEN

trainerKEN iS VIP iS VIP

they are very nice indeed... but 3pc forged is gonna be out of my budget... besides... I'd rather wait til Berto get new wheels (if he does) and buy his Titans , cuz I actually really like'em. I was just more or less browsing and came across the Vossen wheels...

Last edited: Nov 29, 2007
  15. HumbertoCALI

HumbertoCALI Premium Member Premium

South Gate, CA
    2003 FX45 AWD
    Garages:
    You have good taste man.. JA JA JA ..

16. Dr.2K

Santa Clarita, CA
    2005 FX45
    Garages:
    Bert, the modulare M3 is something you would like also.

17. HumbertoCALI

South Gate, CA
    2003 FX45 AWD
    Garages:
    Looks good just not as sporty..

Now I am even thinking of the HRE.... Not sure yet...

18. Dr.2K

Santa Clarita, CA
    2005 FX45
    Garages:
    HRE :eek::eek::eek: Mucho buckerooooos!

Business must be good!

19. HumbertoCALI

South Gate, CA
    2003 FX45 AWD
    Garages:
    I hope so.. Need to land one or 2 good jobs by Jan or Feb of next year..

Then I will be set..

20. Dr.2K

Santa Clarita, CA
    2005 FX45
    Garages:
    I'll be rooting for you bro!