Welcome to InfinitiScene.com - Home for Infiniti QX and Q enthusiasts!
You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to the forums. Why not register on our forums and gain the extra benefits that our regular members enjoy?

• Enthusiast Owned and Operated!
  • Registraion is free.
  • You will be able to post, message, and interact with other members.
  • Our forum is full of friendly, knowledgeable members and staff.
  • Plenty of money saving opportunities from write-ups to maintenance help.
  • Create a garage and show off your ride and specs.
  • Opportunity for ad-free viewing.
  • Plus much more!

Registration is fast, free, and easy, so stop being just a guest and become one of our newly registered members today!

[OT] NEED a favor from the EAST COAST

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by HumbertoCALI, Nov 29, 2007.

1. HumbertoCALI

HumbertoCALI Premium Member Premium

South Gate, CA
    2003 FX45 AWD
    Garages:

*Registered members do not see this ad, register today!

2. da mayor

da mayor Member

not big on the IS350's. i've had a few customers trade them in and they don't do much on trade in values. i can help you out if you want to from a friend who works at lexus for u

3. OP
    OP
    HumbertoCALI

South Gate, CA
    2003 FX45 AWD
    Garages:
    I would just want you to take a look at it in person and see if it is a good buy.. He is ready to pull the trigger but he is hessitant due to the distance.. Pics and an actual look from you would be great man..

How close R U to New Jersey..

4. Psiclne

Psiclne Guest

is it even worth it to get it from the east coast? is the price that much better to have it brought over to this side of the world

5. OP
    OP
    HumbertoCALI

South Gate, CA
    2003 FX45 AWD
    Garages:
    Apparently it is for the options, price and millage...

He has been looking all over the west coast for this combination..

6. turbocad6

turbocad6 iS VIP iS VIP

brooklyn, ny
    Garages:
    hey berto, jerseys a bit far for me & even more so for kenny

one thing i can say is, especially with newer cars being sold used is, most people don't get rid of a new car that soon unless theres a problem.. the majority of really late model cars being sold are hit cars... all that means is be extra cautious when looking at a car that's only a year or 2 old for sale. carfax don't mean anything, I've seen & delt with tons of big hit cars that A, look perfect when done & B, have no carfax history to show this. my fx is a perfect example... it was borderline totalled, but to this day it still shows 100% clean carfax.

it would be worth hiring one of those auto inspection services if the car is that good of a deal & that hard to find locally... a few hundred for the inspection is worth the piece of mind & sepecificly discuss with the inspector to look for any signs of body or paint work. without seeing the car for yourself I would suggest avioding a car that shows any sign of paintwork at all in something that late model.

7. OP
    OP
    HumbertoCALI

South Gate, CA
    2003 FX45 AWD
    Garages:
    I agree man.. Thanks for the heads up. We ran a car Fax and it came up clean..

8. turbocad6

turbocad6 iS VIP iS VIP

brooklyn, ny
    Garages:
    I've cut 2 cars in half once & buit one car from it... it had a 100% clean carfax when done. carfax is the biggest false sense of security there is.... don't mean a damn thing, but most car dealers use this to there advantage saying "oh, the cars never been hit because it has a clean carfax" total BS

9. OP
    OP
    HumbertoCALI

South Gate, CA
    2003 FX45 AWD
    Garages:
    :eek: wHAT?!?!?!?!?

10. turbocad6

turbocad6 iS VIP iS VIP

brooklyn, ny
    Garages:
    yeah, believe me, car fax is pretty useless. I mean if it does show something then obviously there was something, but if it shows clean it means absolutley nothing...

even the carfax garrentee is BS:

The CARFAX Buyback Guarantee protects you from unknowingly buying a used car with DMV-reported incidents (salvage, fire, flood damage, odometer problems or lemon history). This coverage lasts one year and is transferable.

^^^total BS

this is the problem, many things don't get reported thru the proper channels & carfax don't know... it is in an owners & an insurance companies best interest to NOT report.

recently dmv has been pressuring the insurance companies to follow the proper guidelines, but they still don't...

11. trainerKEN

trainerKEN iS VIP iS VIP

I had an accident with my Acura TL-S... it was about $6k worth of damage... no records what so ever

12. BTLFED

BTLFED Member

Woodstock GA
    2006 FX35 AWD
    Yeah, Car Fax is completely worthless. My CRX was a stolen recovery car used in drug runs and has frame damage and has a completely clean Car Fax, and my X-Wife's old Accord was in a bad accident where she was rear ended by a drunk underage canadian and they had to replace the whole right rear corner of the car. Completely clean Car Fax also. Car Fax is a joke and nothing but a way to piss away money IMO.

13. jbaker1121

jbaker1121 Im in touch with humanity iS VIP

Westchester, New York
    09 FX50
    Garages:
    thats like a half hour away from me haha.

14. OP
    OP
    HumbertoCALI

South Gate, CA
    2003 FX45 AWD
    Garages:
    Update.. He got the car and it's great.. It arrived here in December.. Looks good.

I had some buddys from my old Audi Days to check the IS out..

Great car..

15. turbocad6

turbocad6 iS VIP iS VIP

brooklyn, ny
    Garages:
    cool, good luck to your boy leo with it:)