Welcome to InfinitiScene.com - Home for Infiniti QX and Q enthusiasts!
You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to the forums. Why not register on our forums and gain the extra benefits that our regular members enjoy?

• Enthusiast Owned and Operated!
  • Registraion is free.
  • You will be able to post, message, and interact with other members.
  • Our forum is full of friendly, knowledgeable members and staff.
  • Plenty of money saving opportunities from write-ups to maintenance help.
  • Create a garage and show off your ride and specs.
  • Opportunity for ad-free viewing.
  • Plus much more!

Registration is fast, free, and easy, so stop being just a guest and become one of our newly registered members today!

Need a DIY to replace fog lights..

Discussion in 'FX (03-08) - Electronics & Lighting' started by brown_fv, Dec 9, 2007.

1. brown_fv

brown_fv Premium Member Premium

My Hoen Xenonmatch bulbs should be coming in next week and i dont know how to replace the fog lights....can anyone give me a DIY or a quick run down on what i have to do? i know it cant be as simple as going under your ride and just swapping them cuz c'mon...nothing is that easy lol. any help would be appreciated!

:XiS:

*Registered members do not see this ad, register today!

2. rookie

rookie Premium Member Premium

You can possible reach them from the top if the airbox is out of the way and the coolant tank is moved out of the way too.

3. Krayzie

Krayzie AĆ©rospatiale

changing the bulbs was a pain in the ass...especially with a wet FX, LOL

i just jacked it up, unbolted the engine belly pan and the 2 plastic peices on each side....then sort of pull them to the side and use a flashlight to see and change the bulbs. i think there might be an easier way to do it but yea:LOL:

and you might want to try what rookie mentioned too

4. Dr.2K

Dr.2K iS Doctor on Duty iS VIP

Santa Clarita, CA
    2005 FX45
    Garages:
    rookie is right. If you have an aftermarket intake its easier to reach down from the top cause all you have to do is remove the cone on the driver's side and then remove one bolt on the passenger side that holds the coolant tank in place thereby sliding it out of the way and you have pretty easy access to the fog light bulbs.

5. Krayzie

Krayzie AĆ©rospatiale

i wish i knew that before i did my fogs:eek::frown::wub:

6. rookie

rookie Premium Member Premium

Pierce told me about it. His arms are long enough to do it, I didn't think I could reach down there but I was able to after he said it's possible.

7. Keemo

Keemo Premium Member Premium

I laid a blanket out, grabed my shop light, took off the bottom cover and went to work with no jacks. It was a bit awkward but it worked from underneith. I just felt around until I found something that felt like the bulb then turned it clockwise...or was it counter clockwise. ;)

8. OP
    OP
    brown_fv

Awesome! hopefully i can just reach down and do that cuz i dont really wanna buy a jack now...funds to spend on my car are getting low right now.

9. OP
    OP
    brown_fv

Just an update, i put in the Hoen Fogs this evening. the drivers side was a breeze because i just had to remove the intake filter...the passenger side gave me some trouble...there were so many wires and the radiator kinda got in the way so i had to jack up my FX and remove some of the screws for the bumper to squeeze my hand in and change the bulbs...

will update in a new thread with pictures tomorrow to show everyone the bulbs.

10. Mongolian

Mongolian Premium Member Premium

FYI,

Hoen didn't last that long for me. After about couple of months my driver side started to aim up. I think the bulb is messed up.

I think I have bad luck with lighting in general... :mad: