Welcome to InfinitiScene.com - Home for Infiniti QX and Q enthusiasts!
You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to the forums. Why not register on our forums and gain the extra benefits that our regular members enjoy?

• Enthusiast Owned and Operated!
  • Registraion is free.
  • You will be able to post, message, and interact with other members.
  • Our forum is full of friendly, knowledgeable members and staff.
  • Plenty of money saving opportunities from write-ups to maintenance help.
  • Create a garage and show off your ride and specs.
  • Opportunity for ad-free viewing.
  • Plus much more!

Registration is fast, free, and easy, so stop being just a guest and become one of our newly registered members today!

My System - Alpine IVA-D310 with Tech Package

Discussion in 'FX (03-08) - Electronics & Lighting' started by Dr.2K, Jul 25, 2007.

1. Dr.2K

Dr.2K iS Doctor on Duty iS VIP

Santa Clarita, CA
    2005 FX45
    Garages:
    Here is my system mod, which isnt quite finished as I have yet to upgrade the amps and speakers. Everything works great. I am really glad I went with this set-up, the alpine touchscreen navigation is so good it alone is worth doing this mod. Have to thank rookie for his help in making my decision and paving the way on this setup. I still have a functional CD changer from the oem system routed to an auxiliary port on the alpine. Sorry if some pictures didn't come out to good I should maybe have taken these during the day.

Here is a list of hardware I went with:

1. Alpine IVA-310 Headunit
    2. Alpine Navigation System
    3. Alpine XM Nav Traffic
    4. Alpine XM radio
    5. Ipod Integration
    6. NavTV
    7. Alpine steering wheel control unit
    8. Additional toggle switch

Oem Nav and the Alpine Nav:

Alp_DSC01180.jpg

DVD with oem nav:

Alp_DSC01185.jpg

DVD with Alpine Nav on oem screen:

Alp_DSC01189.jpg

Alpine Nav on both screens:

Alp_DSC01190.jpg

XM and DVD on oem screen:

Alp_DSC01195.jpg

DVD on oem screen with Alpine Nav with XM Traffic:

Alp_DSC01197.jpg

DVD on both screens:

Alp_DSC01198.jpg

Stealth navigation and xm traffic antennas:

Alp_DSC01200.jpg

Look no more oem xm pimple!

Alp_DSC01201.jpg

Ipod in glove compartment:

Alp_DSC01204.jpg

Attached Files:

*Registered members do not see this ad, register today!

2. rookie

rookie Premium Member Premium

I love your dual usable monitor set up, still need to do this to mine. Still thinking about the sub and amp stage or you're cool with it as is?

3. OP
    OP
    Dr.2K

Santa Clarita, CA
    2005 FX45
    Garages:
    Cool for the time being but will upgrade when the time is right. i can't wait to see yours finished.

4. Deecarp

Deecarp Premium Member Premium

Bay Area
    QX60 AWD
    Darryl
    Nice Doc, I still like your screens. very nice job. I just made an attemp at an IPOD ashtray install. not really satisfied but it works until I come up with somthing else.

FXstereoinstallpics021-1.jpg

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 29, 2007
  5. OP
    OP
    Dr.2K

Santa Clarita, CA
    2005 FX45
    Garages:
    Looks nice Dee. Did you follow the steps from the guy who did this on the org? With his I think he made it so the ipod was more upright. Is that your head unit behind the ipod? I never really did see a good shot of it.

6. Deecarp

Bay Area
    QX60 AWD
    Darryl
    Naw I didn't follow any directions. But, I might need to though. It was my first shot trying to do the IPOD install. I'll have to move the the IPOD back a lil bit and the will make it more up right, I hope. I'm trying to make it all work. I've only done full systems on three cars that I've owned.

7. OP
    OP
    Dr.2K

Santa Clarita, CA
    2005 FX45
    Garages:
    Well it seems like you know what your doing Dee and that is more then I can say for myself :rofl:. I know you will get it all to work out in the end.

Check this out.....http://stores.homestead.com/2point5/-strse-INFINITI/Categories.bok
    http://www.infinitifx.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=10608&highlight=ipod+ashtray

8. Deecarp

Bay Area
    QX60 AWD
    Darryl
    I've learned most of what I've been doing through trial and error and reading books, and friends that know what they are doing. this car required a few relays to help eliminate some feed back/distortion from all the electronics put in. it drove me crazy, but it's working out. I like doing this stuff as a hobby. So I give props to guys that do this for a living it can be difficult at time. patients is what works for me.

9. Nice!!! Korean movies FTW!! ;)

10. ishaq

ishaq Member

dubai
    can i get my orange screen like this i dont wana add screen i wana change the digital screen to a clour is it possible heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeelp

11. trainerKEN

trainerKEN iS VIP iS VIP

to my understanding.... no you can't... even if you can, somehow get a hold of a screen to swap out... there's the ECU... I think if there's a way... you'd have to change the ECU as well... IMO, that's just waaaaaaaaay too much work.

12. ishaq

ishaq Member

dubai
    but my car 2006 that owner of fx in my country is a thef can u imagin fx 2006 with digital screen why amirecan space with evrything

but arab gilf sapce with nothing

13. jc'sfx

jc'sfx Premium Member Premium

:confused::confused: ??

14. trainerKEN

trainerKEN iS VIP iS VIP

exactly what I was thinking :LOL:

15. OP
    OP
    Dr.2K

Santa Clarita, CA
    2005 FX45
    Garages:
    No. Since an orange screen means you do NOT have the tech package. If you want a color lcd screen you will have to add an aftermarket screen like I have here or as some others have done. Look around in other threads and you will get some good ideas as to what is possible.

16. gto

gto Track Ready Moderator

Los Angeles, CA
    05 FX35 RWD
    Garages:
    WHAAAAAAT!?!?! :err::err::err::err:

17. turbocad6

turbocad6 iS VIP iS VIP

brooklyn, ny
    Garages:
    I think he's talking about the 06's here have the new color screen dash setup while there, the 06 is the earlier style still...

now don't ask me how I got that from that because I don't even know myself:p

18. Ditto :err:

I like the setup Doc :biggrin:, do you have any problems opening and closing the screen with the shifter in park?

19. OP
    OP
    Dr.2K

Santa Clarita, CA
    2005 FX45
    Garages:
    Thank you. And there is no problem at all.

20. 909FX

909FX Premium Member Premium

FONTANA, CA
    2010 Honda Crosstour
    Garages:
    Wow, very nice Pierce. Would like to check it out in person. Next track meet?