Welcome to InfinitiScene.com - Home for Infiniti QX and Q enthusiasts!
You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to the forums. Why not register on our forums and gain the extra benefits that our regular members enjoy?

• Enthusiast Owned and Operated!
  • Registraion is free.
  • You will be able to post, message, and interact with other members.
  • Our forum is full of friendly, knowledgeable members and staff.
  • Plenty of money saving opportunities from write-ups to maintenance help.
  • Create a garage and show off your ride and specs.
  • Opportunity for ad-free viewing.
  • Plus much more!

Registration is fast, free, and easy, so stop being just a guest and become one of our newly registered members today!

[OT] My 1st Door Ding

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by trainerKEN, Sep 5, 2007.

My 1st Door Ding

1. No, get over it, there will be plenty more coming

1 vote(s)
    10.0%
  2. Yes! It's your baby

9 vote(s)
    90.0%
  1. trainerKEN

trainerKEN iS VIP iS VIP

Okay, so I just found my first door ding, I've had the FX since March... I keep it spotless, wipe it down just about every night... and it's killin' me... Should I get over it? Or pay to have it fixed?

(the thing is, I'm 99% sure I know who did too, my neighbor)

*Registered members do not see this ad, register today!

2. fxlr8

fxlr8 Staff Administrator

California
    None
    Garages:
    Cost me about 100 bucks for a ding I had removed, got 2 more after and just gave up.

3. HumbertoCALI

HumbertoCALI Premium Member Premium

South Gate, CA
    2003 FX45 AWD
    Garages:
    I feel for you Ken...

I just got my first ding on my new paint job this past monday...

Some skateboarder kids doing tricks in front of my DAD's House...

The kid hit the ground and the skateboard hit the my FX.. UGHGHGH..

Let it go.. you will never , ever, ever get it to look just they way you want.

4. Psiclne

Psiclne Guest

Call one of them Dent Removal guys - I dont think they are that expensive......i've heard really good things about them.

5. gto

gto Track Ready Moderator

Los Angeles, CA
    05 FX35 RWD
    Garages:
    It is that expensive if you want it done right. But they can take out pretty sharp dents. The good dent guys actually push it out like sculpting metal. Pretty cool stuff.
    Go get it done before you get used to the dent being there.

6. Dr.2K

Dr.2K iS Doctor on Duty iS VIP

Santa Clarita, CA
    2005 FX45
    Garages:
    Get it done! I hated looking at my dings. I have had 4 dings removed from my FX in the past 2 years. Always used the paintless dent removal guys and it looks fantastic.

7. Hazemonster

Hazemonster Member

I kept my FX totally free of dents for about two years. I parked far away from other cars, which prevented plenty of heartache. One day while taking some dudes from work to lunch, a FAT buddy of mine got out of my back seat and opened my door into a brick pillar! :mad:

When I got out of my car and saw the door resting against the pillar, I asked him, "Did you just open my door into this column?". NOOOOOOO he shouted.

Needless to say he isn't my friend anymore. It was a small ding and the paint got scraped off. It was officially my "first" door ding. He didn't offer to pay to fix it or anything. I touched it up with touch up paint...and have since forgotten about it.

Two months later, a stupid dump truck was dropping rock sized chunks of asphalt onto the highway..which hit my passenger door...taking two big chips of paint out of it. I swear to god...if I was carrying a gun...the world might be less one truck driver! :eek:

Haze

8. brown_fv

brown_fv Premium Member Premium

door dings and paint scratches from car doors happen too often to me...i have 2 that have been covered up and a brand new one from just a few weeks ago...i hate it. i also know now that im in university my car will probably get f*cked up in the parking lots too from careless students:frown:

9. Keemo

Keemo Premium Member Premium

Well, I've had my first scratch worth mentioning after two weeks, and who does it come from... my father in law. :mad: He's a heavy duty mechanic who of course doesnt realize that when you lean over to look in the engine and you have overalls with metal buttons down the front undone, they scatch up crap pretty easilly. I love the guy but man, what do you do? :confused:

10. sgvxcheese

sgvxcheese Member

Southern California
    infiniti fx 35
    ouch! i gotta be carefull when i open the door holding my keys..i F'd up my old car door by my keys:shame:

11. OP
    OP
    trainerKEN

trainerKEN iS VIP iS VIP

I've done that before too... but it wasn't too bad... went away after some buffering...