Welcome to InfinitiScene.com - Home for Infiniti QX and Q enthusiasts!
You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to the forums. Why not register on our forums and gain the extra benefits that our regular members enjoy?

• Enthusiast Owned and Operated!
  • Registraion is free.
  • You will be able to post, message, and interact with other members.
  • Our forum is full of friendly, knowledgeable members and staff.
  • Plenty of money saving opportunities from write-ups to maintenance help.
  • Create a garage and show off your ride and specs.
  • Opportunity for ad-free viewing.
  • Plus much more!

Registration is fast, free, and easy, so stop being just a guest and become one of our newly registered members today!

QX70 09+ My 03 FX35 Klasse Edition

Discussion in 'QX70 Interior' started by mtbfx, Jun 27, 2007.

1. mtbfx

mtbfx Member

monterey park
    Garages:
    here's my 03 fx with 4 layers of klasse glaze after finally figuring out an easy way to remove it - let it sit overnight. i am almost out of klasse all in one after about 5 years and barely used the glaze. the whole thing was done in a few days, applying a layer one day, letting it sit, and removing and reapplying the next day.

backglaze4x.jpg

backsideglaze4x.jpg

backglaze24x.jpg

wheelglaze3x.jpg

the axis wheels (thanks again viet) has 3 layers of glaze. i owe them a layer. ill try to have outdoor pics if i can.

Attached Files:

*Registered members do not see this ad, register today!

2. fxlr8

fxlr8 Staff Administrator

California
    None
    Garages:

Good work, especially on a black car.

3. rookie

rookie Premium Member Premium

Wow, that's shiny. :eek:

4. Man it's like a mirror!

5. OP
    OP
    mtbfx

mtbfx Member

monterey park
    Garages:
    thanks. here's an outdoor pic using my phonecam. taken earlier while i was around lax.

outsideglaze4x.jpg

Attached Files:

6. gto

gto Track Ready Moderator

Los Angeles, CA
    05 FX35 RWD
    Garages:
    Paint looks really really good. Gotta get you out to one of the meets.

7. OP
    OP
    mtbfx

mtbfx Member

monterey park
    Garages:
    it does have some scratches from the early years and from the dealer. i am getting closer to investing on an orbital polisher so my hands and arms can have a little rest :).

i am up for a local meet with you all. i actually met psiclne, babaluwee, rookie, and others from the other site (hooters covina 2005, cal speedway early this year).

8. Frankiago

Frankiago Evo Troll Premium

IL
    Hmmm, y'all are so much better at detailing than me... I think I'm just gonna have to take mine to a detailer to do the tough work :(

9. wasabiz45

wasabiz45 Member

Speaking of detailing, frank... bring yours over next time you're in town w/the fx. I did the detailing for kurt, but that guy can't seem to keep his car clean, hehehe! he cracks me up. :LOL:

10. sckent

sckent Member

hi bro, are you from usc too?:wub: coz your plate frame...

Attached Files:

11. brown_fv

brown_fv Premium Member Premium

nice work man. i think the next stuff im going to try is the klasse AIO and the klasse sealant. ive heard only good things about those products. your fx is lookin sharp!

12. OP
    OP
    mtbfx

mtbfx Member

monterey park
    Garages:
    thanks again.

hey sckent! go trojan! batch 98 here, 1 of 6 math graduates.

klasse is the best stuff i have tried. my exterior except tires is all aio and glaze. my quick detailer is a cap of klasse aio and water in a spray bottle :).

13. OP
    OP
    mtbfx

mtbfx Member

monterey park
    Garages:
    here's some old shiny pics. klasse aio, mothers quick detailing spray, garage, and lots of sunshine :LOL:.

passide.jpg

hoodangle.jpg

hood.jpg

Attached Files:

14. OP
    OP
    mtbfx

mtbfx Member

monterey park
    Garages:
    Klasse VLR

i recently tried klasse's vlr (vinyl leather rubber) cleaner and protectant. the liquid is very thin and applied easily with a mf applicator. gloss/shine and slippage less than 303 aerospace protectant (another good product), and much less than megs similar product. no oily look either. $11 for an 8.5oz bottle. try it if you are looking for a low gloss, silicone free cleaner and protectant.

15. Frankiago

Frankiago Evo Troll Premium

IL
    This is what I can't stand about 303... My only experience with slippage... ah hem... save the jokes please :err:... was coating my entire back area cargo mat thing with 303 and then having anything and everything I put in the back slide around like it was ice skating. Even the most minute turn would send whatever's back there to the opposite wheel well.

16. Deecarp

Deecarp Premium Member Premium

Bay Area
    QX60 AWD
    Darryl
    Slippage huh! lmao... I couldn't hold back. I keep hearing about klasse and Zaino but where are these products sold b/c I never see them any where....

17. OP
    OP
    mtbfx

mtbfx Member

monterey park
    Garages:
    cube, maybe use less or try another applicator. i went through different applicators and end up using the one wrapped in microfiber. it absorbs more and applies thinner and very even.

dee, i get mine from klassedirect.com. their microfiber products are high quality too. the towel and applicators i am using from them are almost 5 years old and still works well. i heard you can get klasse at porsche or bmw dealer at luxury prices.

18. Deecarp

Deecarp Premium Member Premium

Bay Area
    QX60 AWD
    Darryl
    Thx, I want to give it a try, I use Macguires or mothers. I want to give something else a try and see how it compare to what I'm using.

19. Psiclne

Psiclne Guest

For Zaino you need to get it from the website or find a person that sells it.....

20. OP
    OP
    mtbfx

mtbfx Member

monterey park
    Garages:
    here's a minor update on my 4 year old fx: headlamp and reverse lamp steel/light tint from sticker city.

medium light and kind of purple at daytime:
    fronttint.jpg

darker at night time:
    nightangle2.jpg

i did the reverse lamp section only. barely noticeable:
    nightrear.jpg

here's my current favorite shot:
    nightfront.jpg

Attached Files: