Welcome to InfinitiScene.com - Home for Infiniti QX and Q enthusiasts!
You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to the forums. Why not register on our forums and gain the extra benefits that our regular members enjoy?

• Enthusiast Owned and Operated!
  • Registraion is free.
  • You will be able to post, message, and interact with other members.
  • Our forum is full of friendly, knowledgeable members and staff.
  • Plenty of money saving opportunities from write-ups to maintenance help.
  • Create a garage and show off your ride and specs.
  • Opportunity for ad-free viewing.
  • Plus much more!

Registration is fast, free, and easy, so stop being just a guest and become one of our newly registered members today!

FX35 MREV2 + Spacer questions

Discussion in 'FX (03-08) - Engine & Drivetrain' started by Psiclne, Dec 23, 2007.

1. Psiclne

Psiclne Guest

Is there a reason why the MREV2 is positioned with the 5/16th spacer in mind? What I'm really wanting to know is if the MRev2 will work with my 1/2" spacer. I dont want to have to get the 5/16th and go thru the hassles of selling the 1/2" one.

The only thing I can think of is that the MREV2 is designed for REVUP engines and they can only fit the 5/16ths spacer. Any ideas?:dontknow:

*Registered members do not see this ad, register today!

2. Frankiago

Frankiago Evo Troll Premium

IL
    Search!

3. OP
    OP
    Psiclne

Psiclne Guest

:damnmate:You're gonna make me cry cube

4. Dr.2K

Dr.2K iS Doctor on Duty iS VIP

Santa Clarita, CA
    2005 FX45
    Garages:
    SEARCHING 'Cry'.......comes up with only psiclne =)

5. Deecarp

Deecarp Premium Member Premium

Bay Area
    QX60 AWD
    Darryl
    YALL KNOW THAT IS :LOL:SO WRONG, LOL.....:LOL::LOL::LOL:

6. gto

gto Track Ready Moderator

Los Angeles, CA
    05 FX35 RWD
    Garages:
    Cubiniti :err:

7. Frankiago

IL
    Haha, I seriously cannot find anything. I don't know why they wouldn't be compatible. It's also "not worth it" if you're trying it on a non rev-up... but I can't find out why?

My searching is broken :shame:

But I do know that there's a guy selling fake MREV2's by the name "RebelinRI" and he was 'busted' by Tony @ MD.

But forrealz I can't answer your question and I can't even find an answer to your question.

8. Frankiago

IL
    :LOL:

9. gto

gto Track Ready Moderator

Los Angeles, CA
    05 FX35 RWD
    Garages:
    Will likes bolting on parts that produce no power . . so go for it dude!
    Then again, would you even feel the increased perf. with twin Ts? I think your buttdyno might be busted :toilet:

10. rookie

rookie Premium Member Premium

Yeah beware of fakeys showing up on forums.

The org has a good thread on the mrev2 thingy, some g tech runs were included in the info.

11. OP
    OP
    Psiclne

Psiclne Guest

Thanks Cube - I did a search on 350Z & Myg35 also.....and I did see the guy selling the fakes also, thanks for the heads up.

Yeah I saw that - the one by Geo right?

12. rookie

Yep Geo was the tester. I have this thing but I'm not sure if it did anything. My butt dyno is the worse to be honest.

13. brown_fv

brown_fv Premium Member Premium

I think from the org, testing showed he picked up around .2 in a 0-60 test. the MREV2 is supposed to give very good midrange gains, with peak power only being a few horsepower higher.

it was designed for the REVUP engine, but im pretty sure it will work well for us. and hey its not even that expensive because after you get the core exchange it comes out to around $150 or something...one of the cheapest mods. i am highly considering this mod as well

Last edited: Dec 23, 2007
  14. rookie

It's a 100.00 core exchange if you have a non-rev up lower collector to send back to them. This core exchange has been going down lower and lower, you end up needing to spend 350 or so for this mod.

15. OP
    OP
    Psiclne

Psiclne Guest

Im not willing to give up my stock parts .......so i will pay full price, or find a used one.

16. brown_fv

brown_fv Premium Member Premium

OH damn! i thought the core exchange was closer to $200? :confused: that makes it kinda expensive then lol

Will, i think theres an MREV2 for sale on the org...and i think i saw one for sale on g35driver too but im not sure.

17. OP
    OP
    Psiclne

Psiclne Guest

I saw the one on the Org, but the guys only got 14 posts or something like that- I dont trust him :err:

I saw a couple on my350Z but im afraid of the fake ones floating around. I dont know how to spot a fake either

18. LIRob

LIRob Member

The MRV2 will work with a 1/2" spacer or a 5/16th". I asked Tony C. which one he recommended for us and he recommended the 5/16. It's a tradeoff between torque and HP. The 5/16 makes better torque but slightly less HPmax. Overall though the 5/16 makes more total power than the 1/2".

In case this makes any sense, when you look at Motordyne's dyno charts you'll see there's more area under the 5/16" curve than the 1/2" curve. Even though the height of the 1/2" curve is greater. Area under the curve equals total power so more area under the curve means more power despite the fact that the 1/2" makes more absolute power at peak. .

I've given up trying to judge based on my butt dyno. There were some charts Tony C. posted that showed specifically what gains to expect on a Non revup engine specifically from the MRV2 ** even with a spacer installed **. They were there.

Not sure I can explain this easily. You're first mod, either the MRV2 or the spacer, will give you the most gains. Installing either the MRV2 after the spacer or the spacer after the MRV2 will give you incrementally less gains. But still gains none the less. What I'm trying to describe is sometimes referred ot as the law of diminishing returns.

I don't know. There's something about Tony C at Motordyne I trust. His stuff just seems to work and he stands by his product.

19. EG3

EG3 Premium Member Premium

These are two pretty good threads for mrev2 & non-revup motor.. In the first one, the ECU retards his timing when running mrev2+spacer so dyno charts are a bit problematic but the mrev2 alone dyno is pretty promising.. These are the same dyno sheets on motordyne's website as well.. In the second one he gets tuned..

MREV V2 Independent Dyno Tested on Bone Stock 287HP Motor (Wired 24/7's 05 Touring) - MY350Z.COM Forums
    The Final Word on MREV2 + 5/16" Spacer on NON-Revup 287hp motor: Thumbs Up - MY350Z.COM Forums