Welcome to InfinitiScene.com - Home for Infiniti QX and Q enthusiasts!
You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to the forums. Why not register on our forums and gain the extra benefits that our regular members enjoy?

• Enthusiast Owned and Operated!
  • Registraion is free.
  • You will be able to post, message, and interact with other members.
  • Our forum is full of friendly, knowledgeable members and staff.
  • Plenty of money saving opportunities from write-ups to maintenance help.
  • Create a garage and show off your ride and specs.
  • Opportunity for ad-free viewing.
  • Plus much more!

Registration is fast, free, and easy, so stop being just a guest and become one of our newly registered members today!

FX35 Mod Bug about to Bite again - Nismo

Discussion in 'FX (03-08) - Engine & Drivetrain' started by Psiclne, Jul 5, 2007.

1. Psiclne

Psiclne Guest

After Reading Daves thread a few hundred times & hearing Docs ride in person....I will be goin to West Covina Nissan to pick up the Nismo exhaust this weekend. $950 + free install.......great find by Dave:

http://my350z.com/forum/showthread.php?t=250798

Cant wait!!!!!!!!!!!

*Registered members do not see this ad, register today!

2. gto

gto Track Ready Moderator

Los Angeles, CA
    05 FX35 RWD
    Garages:
    Great choice, but you should hear what my nismo sounds like now. After being cooked in a paint booth after my recent bumper fix, the 140 degree heat and cure time has cooked my muffler. Now the thing is really broken in, & has added at least 5-10 db on the ears. The thing wails, so I guess I've found the remedy for those that say the nismo setup is too tame. Cook it!
    You're welcome to hear it if you're on the west side. LMK.

3. Mongolian

Mongolian Premium Member Premium

I would love to hear Nismo in person one of these days. Don't you have to mod it to make it fit on our car?

4. gto

Los Angeles, CA
    05 FX35 RWD
    Garages:

Yes, that's correct. It's not that big of a deal though. The FX & Z are nearly identical underneath as far as exhaust path. Read the whole story here, & you can check it out anytime. Just pm me.

http://www.infinitifx.org//phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=13278&highlight=nismo

5. OP
    OP
    Psiclne

Psiclne Guest

My understanding - after reading Daves thread a few times - is I need to purchase the G35 extension & then extend the tips out.......correct me if im wrong Dave.

6. gto

Los Angeles, CA
    05 FX35 RWD
    Garages:
    that's exactly what you need to do. Ask Jeff to order it for you before you go in for you appt.

7. rookie

rookie Premium Member Premium

They have their own supply of the extensions now. I saw them posted on G35driver a week or 2 ago.

I love the Nismo exhaust.

8. gto

Los Angeles, CA
    05 FX35 RWD
    Garages:
    Viet, you gotta hear this thing now. I think my thoughts are correct on the can cooking. It's sounding so exotic, that I'm now hoping it wont go away with some driving time, after sitting so long at the shop.

9. gto

Los Angeles, CA
    05 FX35 RWD
    Garages:
  10. rookie

I do need to hear it. How about sometime in September at the latest we all get together somehow some way. My July and August are hectic.

11. Lainezki

Lainezki Member

Santa Monica
    2003 FX 35
    Yeah!! Lets setup the first IS meet. That will be really fun :cool:

12. sckent

sckent Member

cool idea :rofl:

13. HumbertoCALI

HumbertoCALI Premium Member Premium

South Gate, CA
    2003 FX45 AWD
    Garages:
    Goodness..

Both of you need to get a room. (Dave and Will)....;):LOL:

I guess you guys finally are going to start to sound like a real FX45.:cool:

Great MOD Will. Can't wait to hear it.

I will prob. get the Stillen Exhaust from Viet. I like the Deeper Tone that the Stillen has compared to the NISMO.

Dave, tell me you don't have a Decipal Meeter handy? :LOL:

14. gto

Los Angeles, CA
    05 FX35 RWD
    Garages:

Uhhhhh . . . was never going for the 45 sound . . . is it even possible?
    I guess If I wanted the 45 sound, I would have bought a 45 . . and of course I would have gotten all the other goodies, like power robbing 4 wheel drive & extra WEIGHT. JK! The 45 does rock, but I love the 35, the RWD sensation, and the sound it makes :wub:

Last edited: Jul 6, 2007
  15. brown_fv

brown_fv Premium Member Premium

congrats on your new mod. you are really climbing up there with your recent spurge of mods...keep up the great work!

16. Patsy, I think lebron was selling his NISMO exhaust, already fit for a FX.

17. rookie

99% positive Min had a Stillen. Hope he didn't trade it in with it still on, I know he still had his oem under his bed. :rofl:

18. OP
    OP
    Psiclne

Psiclne Guest

We'll Im here at West Covina Nissan (free wifi) - just paid for it and they are installing it as I type this I just hope I can find a muffler place open afterwards to extend the tips out.

Hey JC - I think Min was selling a Stillen also......I think that would be a lil too loud for my taste.

19. OP
    OP
    Psiclne

Psiclne Guest

Service writer just informed me they are wrapping it up - so i'm off to Valley muffler -