Welcome to InfinitiScene.com - Home for Infiniti QX and Q enthusiasts!
You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to the forums. Why not register on our forums and gain the extra benefits that our regular members enjoy?

• Enthusiast Owned and Operated!
  • Registraion is free.
  • You will be able to post, message, and interact with other members.
  • Our forum is full of friendly, knowledgeable members and staff.
  • Plenty of money saving opportunities from write-ups to maintenance help.
  • Create a garage and show off your ride and specs.
  • Opportunity for ad-free viewing.
  • Plus much more!

Registration is fast, free, and easy, so stop being just a guest and become one of our newly registered members today!

FX35 Merry Chirstmas to Psiclne

Discussion in 'FX (03-08) - Engine & Drivetrain' started by Psiclne, Dec 17, 2007.

1. Psiclne

Psiclne Guest

As some of you guys have known - I was looking for some headers.....
    We'll that Deal on my350z was too good to pass up (I got them even cheaper than what he had posted on that thread).......So I picked them up this morning. I'll see if I have time to get them in next week since I'm off the whole week.
    I want to get these on before the January 5th Track day. I'm still a lil worried about the smog camera things. But we'll see. Thanks for all the help and opinions thru all my PM's fellas :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

*Registered members do not see this ad, register today!

2. gto

gto Track Ready Moderator

Los Angeles, CA
    05 FX35 RWD
    Garages:
    Very nice. Just cant stop the modding?
    Are you gonna go hi flow cats? Do that, & you'll be puttin down some good power. You also really should think about goind down to TS at some point.

3. Dr.2K

Dr.2K iS Doctor on Duty iS VIP

Santa Clarita, CA
    2005 FX45
    Garages:
    Looks good Will, I had a feeling you got them when you posted that someone had taken the too good to pass up deal =)!

Ditto on the hi flow cats and TS tune. More now then ever since you got the headers. Should get the hi flow cats before the tune and you will be running dam good. Get them on Will and lets see them run at the track!

4. HumbertoCALI

HumbertoCALI Premium Member Premium

South Gate, CA
    2003 FX45 AWD
    Garages:
    Damn...and here I thought you were not going to do it.

You always so misterious Will.

Need to Polish the headers man.. Now I am scared.. I hope you don't burn me...

I'm happy for you bro.

5. OP
    OP
    Psiclne

Psiclne Guest

Probably not goin with the HFC.....scared of the man & his smog cams.
    I think this is it for mods....the only thing I'm interested in is the grounding wires.

6. brown_fv

brown_fv Premium Member Premium

oHHH BABY!! nice pick up...im thinking of getting a set of Fast Intentions resonated test pipes during their christmas sale right now. i didnt want to spend more for HFCs since they give less gains, plus i wanna max out as much NA power (even though its not a lot) as i can without having to go F/I lol

7. fxlr8

fxlr8 Staff Administrator

California
    None
    Garages:
  8. gto

gto Track Ready Moderator

Los Angeles, CA
    05 FX35 RWD
    Garages:
    But I think the stock cats are the biggest kink in the system.
    You're pretty paranoid bout them cameras arnt you?

9. Dr.2K

Santa Clarita, CA
    2005 FX45
    Garages:
    No no no! You cant dump the mashed potatoes on the plate and no gravy!! If your not going to do the cats at lease go get it tuned with reflash from TS. That will bring all your mods in tune with each together.

10. Dr.2K

Santa Clarita, CA
    2005 FX45
    Garages:
    Umm...but that white coating looks fugly Jeff! Black would probably look better.

11. OP
    OP
    Psiclne

Psiclne Guest

i'll have to read up on the that - Never heard of coating headers. Good read for tonight :biggrin:

12. fxlr8

fxlr8 Staff Administrator

California
    None
    Garages:
    but it works.... you can't hardly see the headers anyways, plus you can spray over the ceramic coating with a high temp ceramic paint. Keeps the underhood temps cool.

way better than header wrap and not flamable.

13. Dr.2K

Santa Clarita, CA
    2005 FX45
    Garages:
    Ah, that a good idea. Painting with the high heat ceramic paint...now why did I not think of that?

14. brown_fv

brown_fv Premium Member Premium

Hey Will sorry to jack your thread, but i was talking to THMotorsports about their fast intentions sale and he said because theyve never dont work on an FX35 he cant confirm the cats are the same or if these will fit...our cats are the same right? the test pipes will probably fit...? or no?

i recall cube having test pipes so wouldnt these ones fit too?

15. OP
    OP
    Psiclne

Psiclne Guest

Yeah- I just want to avoid getting on that list at all costs. Never know what goverment agency they are gonna share that list with ya know what I mean Dave?

I'm definately not gonna wrap them......heard a lot of things about the wrapping. When I had headers on my ricer back in the days I just left them as is and just installed them.

The white does look a lil funky - lol!:LOL:

16. OP
    OP
    Psiclne

Psiclne Guest

No worrys - the more questions you guys ask the more I learn.....ask away!

17. EG3

EG3 Premium Member Premium

+1 on not wrapping them and the coating. The headers really increase the heat under the hood and you should get more out of them with the coating..
    Those are Strups right? While I was looking for headers I heard that the flanges don't fit good with fx.. Might want to check them out.

18. f1fx

f1fx Member

Not to push this topic on you, but speaking from my experience with my fx, headers are a nice addition and will change the sound to be more agressive, but to unlock to true performance hfc are the way to go, as someone posted, they are the bottle neck of the exhuast system, and as for the man, well since you have headers it makes no difference if you go to hfc, test pipes are another story. For the one that know to check for hfc, they will know what header looks like. otherwise for the one who don't know they just sees that you still have your cats. the crawford hfc look like a normal cat just 1/4 of the weight and restriction. I started with a stillen intake, then stillen headers, then stillen exhuast, then crawford plenum, then finished with crawford hfc as far as being na. At each mod, power was felt, some at the highter rpm range and others on the low, but the hfc was to most noticable mod as it tied everything together. As for sound, it is deeper and louder, so if you have a good exhuast it just makes it sound even better. But if you decide to just stick with headers you'll still have fun and when the itch to have more power comes you have a quick and fairly inexpensive mod for the power/performance gain, cause the next level after that would be to go FI, and as you know it's not cheep.

19. Deecarp

Deecarp Premium Member Premium

Bay Area
    QX60 AWD
    Darryl
    Slick looking headers Will. Good pick, sounds like you got a great deal!

Last edited: Dec 18, 2007
  20. HumbertoCALI

HumbertoCALI Premium Member Premium

South Gate, CA
    2003 FX45 AWD
    Garages:
    How much did you have to LICK will...

:bootyshake::4tongue::deal:
    :bigsmile::evil::xd:
    :aetsch: