Welcome to InfinitiScene.com - Home for Infiniti QX and Q enthusiasts!
You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to the forums. Why not register on our forums and gain the extra benefits that our regular members enjoy?

• Enthusiast Owned and Operated!
  • Registraion is free.
  • You will be able to post, message, and interact with other members.
  • Our forum is full of friendly, knowledgeable members and staff.
  • Plenty of money saving opportunities from write-ups to maintenance help.
  • Create a garage and show off your ride and specs.
  • Opportunity for ad-free viewing.
  • Plus much more!

Registration is fast, free, and easy, so stop being just a guest and become one of our newly registered members today!

lowered my 45 with H&R today! not very happy.

Discussion in 'FX (03-08) - Wheels & Suspension' started by SanQ, Aug 16, 2007.

1. SanQ

SanQ Member

WA
    after reading good reviews of H&R, I ordered a set for fx45 from local car shop. got them on today. BUT, the front was lower than rear. about 5mm, not a big difference, but noticeable ....if I spend the money, I want to get it right. the guy in the car shop told me that the springs in the rear will shrink within a week or two. so it should be too bad after that. but front springs will shrink too right?

I dont know , how is it going to be?

Dr.2K: you have eibach springs on your 45 right? are they at the same height?

thanks

*Registered members do not see this ad, register today!

2. OP
    OP
    SanQ

SanQ Member

WA
    I dont know if the guy did it right. I just did some measurement.

LF: 79.2cm
    RF: 79.2cm

LR: 79.8cm
    RR: 80.2cm!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WTH, LR and RR is different! omg
    :mad:

3. Let the springs settle for a bit before you demand any recourse.

4. Krayzie

Krayzie AĆ©rospatiale

i dont know if you looked into the springs before you bought them but they are advertised as being lower in the front than the rear with a F1.3" R1.2" drop. But that is weird about the two sides being different heights...maybe air pressure is different in the tires? making one side lower...

Last edited: Aug 16, 2007
  5. Dont most springs regardless of application lower the rears more anyways?

6. Dr.2K

Dr.2K iS Doctor on Duty iS VIP

Santa Clarita, CA
    2005 FX45
    Garages:
    See how they settle in after a couple of weeks. It also could be that the rear height difference was due to misalignment of the springs at the shop. And as krayzie said the H&R do have an advertised height difference from the front and rear. But I believe the eibachs advertise the same front and rear height. But even so my front does sit a bit lower then the rear and this is more noticeably so on the 45 then the 35.

I actually like the a little lower front then the rear as it gives it a bit more of an aggressive look.

7. brown_fv

brown_fv Premium Member Premium

wait a while for your springs to settle...it might even out.

as for the height difference h&r advertises a lower drop in the front than the rear so you got what you paid for.

8. Chedman13

Chedman13 iS VIP iS VIP

Illinois
    2014 Mercedes-Benz GL63 4Matic
    Garages:
    I agree, let them settle. I posted pictures of my H&R's and you can tell that the front's get noticeably lower than the rears. On of the reasons for people buying the H&R's is the advertised height drop is 1.3" front and 1.2" rear vs the 1.2"/1.2" Eibachs. I also think the FX45 drops a bit more in the front is due to the engine weight, but that is just a guess.

Wait a little, get an alignment and then see how it is. For me, handling was more of a concern which was vastly improved. Were you at least happy with the handling improvement and ride quality? I'm not too concerned about mm differences unless it messes up the geometry of the car and I notice uneven wear on tires etc...

Eibach's might be a better bet for you if you're concerned about the drop being as close as possible in front and rears. I'm sure you can sell your H&R's in a heartbeat.

Sorry to hear you had a bad experience.

9. rookie

rookie Premium Member Premium

fx_wheel_height.jpg

The difference you're showing is really small. Imagine what the 35 RWD guys deal with when using the eibachs. :biggrin:

10. OP
    OP
    SanQ

SanQ Member

WA
    thanks for everyone's input.

ride is a lot smoother than stock now, can't believe it is smoother even when it's lowered.

yeah, I will wait and see. if it is still like this, I will try rotate the spring. would it help?

11. HumbertoCALI

HumbertoCALI Premium Member Premium

South Gate, CA
    2003 FX45 AWD
    Garages:
    I don't know how that is possible...

When the springs are put in place, they are put in place. The only thing I can think of is flipping them upside down....But, that would make no sense at all..

just give them a couple of weeks....

12. I will take these springs off ur hands if you ever decide to get rid of them.

13. gto

gto Track Ready Moderator

Los Angeles, CA
    05 FX35 RWD
    Garages:
    Less rebound = less bounce & smoother ride.
    Now go hit the canyons :biggrin:

14. OP
    OP
    SanQ

SanQ Member

WA
    UPDATE:
    its been over a week now, right rear now is half inch higher!, I swich the springs between left and right. right is still higher, that means it is the car, not the springs. oh,well, I will live with that half a inch. other than this, ride and handling are good.:rolleyes:

15. da mayor

da mayor Member

any pics?