Welcome to InfinitiScene.com - Home for Infiniti QX and Q enthusiasts!
You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to the forums. Why not register on our forums and gain the extra benefits that our regular members enjoy?

• Enthusiast Owned and Operated!
  • Registraion is free.
  • You will be able to post, message, and interact with other members.
  • Our forum is full of friendly, knowledgeable members and staff.
  • Plenty of money saving opportunities from write-ups to maintenance help.
  • Create a garage and show off your ride and specs.
  • Opportunity for ad-free viewing.
  • Plus much more!

Registration is fast, free, and easy, so stop being just a guest and become one of our newly registered members today!

FX35 Loud thud sound

Discussion in 'FX (03-08) - Engine & Drivetrain' started by LeBron23, Sep 27, 2007.

1. Ok...I just noticed this after doing the 60K service...

1. I assume transmission fluid is leaking somewhere and my belly fan has beautiful green liquid all over it. Not much but some drips here and there.

2. From a stop, I give it a quick gas I hear this thud/Clunk! sound right underneath my butt. I thought maybe Exhuast hook is dried(I read something like this on org.) so I sprayed WD-40 but didn't fix the noise. Most recently I added LMS Intake but I don't think that has anything to do with it...It is definitely coming from underneath the drivers side...
    Any idea? Help my beat up FX with 350Z motor, new tranny, new rear axel and also diff. with one broken tooth.

*Registered members do not see this ad, register today!

2. Dr.2K

Dr.2K iS Doctor on Duty iS VIP

Santa Clarita, CA
    2005 FX45
    Garages:
    Sorry Min I can't help out but the green liquid sounds like coolant leak somewhere. I suggest taking it in to LMS and get it looked at. Man it seems you are having car troubles left and right. It seems you have very little luck with cars.

3. OP
    OP
    LeBron23

LeBron23 Member

I did some search...over filling coolant could cause some leak? I do see some transmission leak though, Infiniti of Santa Monica fixed transmission leak when they fix the fuel tank leak. I guess I abused my FX too much now it can't handle anymore haha
    poor FX.

4. brown_fv

brown_fv Premium Member Premium

i dont think over filling your coolant would cause a leak, thats why you have the coolant over-flow tank, but green liquid should be your coolant.
    i remember when i installed my plenum spacer and forgot to put my coolant line back to my plenum i got a nice splash of coolant all over the place lol. hope you find out what is going on and get it fixed

as for the thud...i got no idea what it could be, i guess your FX isn't pairing well with your transplant...

Last edited: Sep 27, 2007
  5. sgvxcheese

sgvxcheese Member

Southern California
    infiniti fx 35
    as for that loud thud...you probably hit paris hilton and have been draging her for many miles since then.

6. OP
    OP
    LeBron23

LeBron23 Member

bad radiator cap could cause this? I don't know I'm just trying to figure it out by myself since I don't have time to go to LMS this week, must drive up to Santa Barbara...I might stop by the dealership on my way.

7. OP
    OP
    LeBron23

LeBron23 Member

went to the dealer today, found out my front struts are bad. making that noise.

8. nick_harmon

nick_harmon Member

is that replaced under warranty then? cause ive noticed that my car does the same noise but i can barely hear it.

9. rookie

rookie Premium Member Premium

hahah, you searched!

Shocks/struts are probably not covered under warranty unless it was really premature wear.