Welcome to InfinitiScene.com - Home for Infiniti QX and Q enthusiasts!
You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to the forums. Why not register on our forums and gain the extra benefits that our regular members enjoy?

• Enthusiast Owned and Operated!
  • Registraion is free.
  • You will be able to post, message, and interact with other members.
  • Our forum is full of friendly, knowledgeable members and staff.
  • Plenty of money saving opportunities from write-ups to maintenance help.
  • Create a garage and show off your ride and specs.
  • Opportunity for ad-free viewing.
  • Plus much more!

Registration is fast, free, and easy, so stop being just a guest and become one of our newly registered members today!

[OT] Looks like we're losing another one...

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by brown_fv, Dec 24, 2007.

1. brown_fv

brown_fv Premium Member Premium

*Registered members do not see this ad, register today!

2. Frankiago

Frankiago Evo Troll Premium

IL
    I have an LMS supercharger for sale too :p

3. OP
    OP
    brown_fv

brown_fv Premium Member Premium

i scanned thru the list, unfortunately nothing really appealed to me =( guess i gotta keep searching for mods.

4. Psiclne

Psiclne Guest

My guess is no new ride, since hes got the lexus and the QX.....

5. Deecarp

Deecarp Premium Member Premium

Bay Area
    QX60 AWD
    Darryl
    Big C what are you asking for the LMS, curious? haven't heard anything good or bad so fill me in pls...

6. Frankiago

IL
    My only gripe is the engine management (solve that by using a UTEC I guess) and no intercooler. Other than that it's a BIG kick in the butt-dyno.

I didn't get it tuned right away and ran it on whatever settings Shady was using and that's what blew my motor. Honestly, I didn't know how to work the J&S Ultra Safeguard. I understood completely the fuel management, but the timing... it was all wizardry to me.

Only looking for $1500+ shipping, but problem is the fuel pump is still on my car lol... so I gotta get around to taking it out.

Everything's boxed up and ready to ship except for the charger itself and its piping, a spare belt I believe, and that fuel pump.

7. Frankiago

IL
    PS: once installed, you can't floor it in automatic with stock tranny b/c it just won't shift in time. I tried it once and only used MM after it screamed up, bounced off the rev limiter about 3 times and then finally shifted :LOL:

8. Deecarp

Deecarp Premium Member Premium

Bay Area
    QX60 AWD
    Darryl
    Who did you have do the install? how did you like it before the motor went? How would you compare to the vortex sc?

9. Frankiago

IL
    The Vortech has alot more potential I know that for certain.

I did the install myself... well with the help of my roommate. With no instructions it's a lil tricky but nothing terrible.

I loved it before it blew. It was extremely silent... not much louder than stock honestly. I could barely hear a lil whistle at low RPMs and then at high RPMs I didn't hear it over the motor.

I don't like to mention this but... the night it blew, I wanted to hear the BOV. I rolled the windows down and listened while I floored it... :frown: About a mile later I was going up a hill and it blew... so sometimes it's f'd before you even know it. I think I cracked a piston during that WOT, and then goin up the hill it destroyed itself.

It hits 6.5 lbs boost at like 6k rpm, so with a good tune it should've been fine on my stock motor. Sometimes I wish I could go back and baby it (not past 3k rpm) until the actual tune... oh well.

Edit: oh yeah, the Vortech is 10 times louder, and I believe they've been sh*ttin themselves lately. There's a ton of threads on my350z.com with the Vortech turbines biting into its own housing hardcore...

Last edited: Dec 24, 2007