Welcome to InfinitiScene.com - Home for Infiniti QX and Q enthusiasts!
You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to the forums. Why not register on our forums and gain the extra benefits that our regular members enjoy?

• Enthusiast Owned and Operated!
  • Registraion is free.
  • You will be able to post, message, and interact with other members.
  • Our forum is full of friendly, knowledgeable members and staff.
  • Plenty of money saving opportunities from write-ups to maintenance help.
  • Create a garage and show off your ride and specs.
  • Opportunity for ad-free viewing.
  • Plus much more!

Registration is fast, free, and easy, so stop being just a guest and become one of our newly registered members today!

looking for firewall

Discussion in 'FX (03-08) - Interior & Exterior' started by daidaic, Aug 7, 2007.

1. daidaic

daidaic Member

Hi I'm installing my angel eye now hope i can get it done today
    i want to install a switch for the angel eye
    hence i need to find the firewall to let the wire get into the car
    does anyone know where the firewall is???

*Registered members do not see this ad, register today!

2. Dr.2K

Dr.2K iS Doctor on Duty iS VIP

Santa Clarita, CA
    2005 FX45
    Garages:
    In the battery compartment to the rear. This should show you.

ecu_enginebay.jpg

Last edited: Aug 7, 2007
  3. rookie

rookie Premium Member Premium

Easiest way to get into the cabin is thru the harness grommet on the passenger side behind the battery like Dr.2K said. Once you remove the entire battery cover you should see the harness.

Seal this up if you cut into it. There are electronics directly below this that have gotten wet for some FXers when not fully sealed.

4. OP
    OP
    daidaic

daidaic Member

thanks for the help!!, i decided not to do that anymore
    since i got the ring, i spent like more than 24 hours on it @_@ll
    finally got it done today hee hee
    i will post some pics later

Last edited: Aug 8, 2007
  5. OP
    OP
    daidaic

daidaic Member

here are the pics
    angel eye in shadow chrome housing at night
    y1pZkHAFqdNqDwVZGmhzDvI6gk030vwGajHel8v8n8eAOH1Ul48_r-ZpExwV4ePk7-6WRvlVgSFTpk.jpg

y1pZkHAFqdNqDzl8W7l8UBu7tqwq-mYUgnXzGBZA7WXQKVp63T4nEUteCBHeOv26z8XC4yrLaJzOZo.jpg

y1pZkHAFqdNqDynfzcZuhWF3fG5cUv21bTt3rrMA1vEW-NN19ecLpWu5tIMFRVBS1FbnMyV_-JuYRw.jpg

hope you guys like it

Last edited: Aug 8, 2007
  6. HumbertoCALI

HumbertoCALI Premium Member Premium

South Gate, CA
    2003 FX45 AWD
    Garages:
    Looks Great... How does it feel to get this mod done on your own..

My hat's off to you... I think your can fully benefit from the Angel Eyes if you white out the side marker...

But it looks great...

7. HumbertoCALI

South Gate, CA
    2003 FX45 AWD
    Garages:
    So tell me. How did you connect the power for the Angel Eyes?

I am currious to know.. I will be taking up this MOD again and would like to re-rout the power source for them.

Let me know.

8. Dr.2K

Dr.2K iS Doctor on Duty iS VIP

Santa Clarita, CA
    2005 FX45
    Garages:
    Great job, looks very good.

9. OP
    OP
    daidaic

daidaic Member

For the side marker, I still prefer the yellow one more than the white one

I connected the angel eyes' power with the DTRL. When I turned the lights off, the angel eyes wont is not lighted, but the DTRL is still on(maybe bec in Canada the DTRL must be always on). This is not result that I expect, I thought angel eye will on as the DTRL is on. Yet I still like this result, because now I can turn off the angel eyes when I want to.

During installing the rings into the housing, I broke the lens that is in front of the turning signal with crazy glue, the rings couldnt fully be lighted and crazy glue couldnt glue the ring perfectly. Also those large rings are too huge, when I screwed the housing with the cover those rings will tower to the grill side a little bit, hence the large rings are not in the center anymore. (If you really dont get this part, I can take pics and describle to you). My freind own a bmw and he told me that now I know it's not easy to be a wannabe. Those problems was driving me crazy, was thinking to smash it into pieces lol. Also, I was so scared to take the bumper off, hence was going to send the headlight to a shop and ask them to do it. Yet when it's done, it worths it. Man~ the feeling is hmm dont know how to describle :LOL::LOL::LOL:
    I just can't stop watching it!!!!!

10. HumbertoCALI

South Gate, CA
    2003 FX45 AWD
    Garages:
    Caskyline also connected the Angel Eyes to the DTRL...

I am glad that you have this mod complete on your FX.. It does make you try to get behind a Big Truck or Mini Van to see the reflection of the Angel Eyes;) does it not?

11. OP
    OP
    daidaic

daidaic Member

Ya, now everytime when the traffic light turns red, I always try to get as close as I can with the front car to see the reflection of the angel eyes:LOL: