Welcome to InfinitiScene.com - Home for Infiniti QX and Q enthusiasts!
You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to the forums. Why not register on our forums and gain the extra benefits that our regular members enjoy?

• Enthusiast Owned and Operated!
  • Registraion is free.
  • You will be able to post, message, and interact with other members.
  • Our forum is full of friendly, knowledgeable members and staff.
  • Plenty of money saving opportunities from write-ups to maintenance help.
  • Create a garage and show off your ride and specs.
  • Opportunity for ad-free viewing.
  • Plus much more!

Registration is fast, free, and easy, so stop being just a guest and become one of our newly registered members today!

FX35 LMS Z-tube + Stillen Intake System

Discussion in 'FX (03-08) - Engine & Drivetrain' started by blackhole, Jul 3, 2007.

1. blackhole

blackhole Member

Hi All,

I'm planing to change my intake system with a combination of stillen intake system and LMS z-tube and i was wondering if it will void my warranty or not.
    any thoughts?

thanks,

*Registered members do not see this ad, register today!

2. gto

gto Track Ready Moderator

Los Angeles, CA
    05 FX35 RWD
    Garages:
    No, it will not void your warranty.
    As a general rule, the manufacturer cannot void you entirely, only something that may have caused damage directly as a cause of the modified part. The combo you're asking about is proven, with many miles, not to create any unexpected problems. As a side note, Infiniti dealers are accustomed to seeing such modifications. Go for it!, & BTW, welcome to our board.

3. da mayor

da mayor Member

the only warranty it will void is if your intake sucks up water (which will take a whole lot)

i work at a very mod friendly dealership and they understand it's a 3 billion dollar industry for aftermarket.

they see my cars and just nod their head at me especially my G35

4. Psiclne

Psiclne Guest

+3

only if they find that the intake caused whatever problem you took it in for.

US Code - Title 15, Chapter 50, Sections 2301-2312:
    Legally, a vehicle manufacturer cannot void the warranty on a vehicle due to an aftermarket part unless they can prove that the aftermarket part caused or contributed to the failure in the vehicle (per the Magnuson Moss Warranty Act (15 U.S.C. 2302(C)).

5. HumbertoCALI

HumbertoCALI Premium Member Premium

South Gate, CA
    2003 FX45 AWD
    Garages:
    Damnn:eek:

I need to take you to the Service Drive here at Santa Monica Infiniti.....

Great find :LOL:;)

6. i was thinking about that setup as well.

7. gto

gto Track Ready Moderator

Los Angeles, CA
    05 FX35 RWD
    Garages:
    I have my warranty work done at SAMO Inf.
    My mods are fairly tame, & they never give me a problem.

8. Psiclne

Psiclne Guest

I cant take credit for it - I think Gixxersteve posted that on the org since there were a sh*t load of warranty/intake questions at the time.

9. If I use the Stillen Z-tube can i just apply that onto my stock box? or should i get the full kit? Has anyone tried the weapon-R intakes? my friend got it for his FX... but im not too sure about weapon-R's performance

Last edited: Aug 13, 2007
  10. rookie

rookie Premium Member Premium

Getting rid of the baffles is a good thing, accordion piece also sucks. To me a pipe is a pipe, some are located or braced a little better than others. Filters, venturis, velocity stacks all make some difference but most should be within a couple hp to each other.

11. Chedman13

Chedman13 iS VIP iS VIP

Illinois
    2014 Mercedes-Benz GL63 4Matic
    Garages:
    I had a weapon-R intake on my QX4. Great customer service, bad issues with getting it to fit properly. It was over a course of 4 months I sent my intake back and forth while they tried to get it right, but the angle was still off and the bracket mount didn't sit properly.

I'd go for a trued and tried intake.

12. Dr.2K

Dr.2K iS Doctor on Duty iS VIP

Santa Clarita, CA
    2005 FX45
    Garages:
    Yes, go with tested products if you want hassle free bolt on plug and play intake mod. But on the other hand, how does that saying go....nothing ventured nothing gained :biggrin:. I think rookie takes the WHOLE cake(crusts and all) on this one though.

13. Mongolian

Mongolian Premium Member Premium

If you are interested in a z-tube, i have a LMS z-tube that's 4 days old for sale. LMS z-tube connects directly to the stock airbox just like Stillen. I paid just over $154 with shipping and California sales tax. I will sell it to you for $100. pm me if you are interested. Here are the pix

z-tube is the one in the first pix. Many of the guys on this forum are using LMS and I'm sure they would be willing to vouch for the quality of LMS.

Last edited: Aug 15, 2007
  14. Yo, wassup Scene, I was just wondering, I have an extended factory through a company named Budco, and was wondering if adding a cold air intake will void my warranty? In other words, how crazy should i get before they start acting funny?

Last edited: Apr 19, 2012
  15. StuLax18

StuLax18 Staph Moderator

Dallas, TX
    2007 FX35 RWD
    Garages: