Welcome to InfinitiScene.com - Home for Infiniti QX and Q enthusiasts!
You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to the forums. Why not register on our forums and gain the extra benefits that our regular members enjoy?

• Enthusiast Owned and Operated!
  • Registraion is free.
  • You will be able to post, message, and interact with other members.
  • Our forum is full of friendly, knowledgeable members and staff.
  • Plenty of money saving opportunities from write-ups to maintenance help.
  • Create a garage and show off your ride and specs.
  • Opportunity for ad-free viewing.
  • Plus much more!

Registration is fast, free, and easy, so stop being just a guest and become one of our newly registered members today!

FX45 LMS CAI 2003-2004 Infiniti FX45 Intake

Discussion in 'FX (03-08) - Engine & Drivetrain' started by Chedman13, Mar 14, 2008.

1. Chedman13

Chedman13 iS VIP iS VIP

Illinois
    2014 Mercedes-Benz GL63 4Matic
    Garages:
    Okay, couldn't resist as I got my hands on one of these. Guess I'll just switch around my intakes when I get bored:biggrin:
    DSC02399.jpg

DSC02393.jpg

DSC02401.jpg

DSC02400.jpg

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: May 6, 2008

*Registered members do not see this ad, register today!

2. Dr.2K

Dr.2K iS Doctor on Duty iS VIP

Santa Clarita, CA
    2005 FX45
    Garages:
    Cool Ed! Now you and Ron can compare side by side. But I think his LMS intake looks prettier :p;).

3. OP
    OP
    Chedman13

Chedman13 iS VIP iS VIP

Illinois
    Garages:
    Well my circle MAF will beat your rectangle.:biggrin:

4. Dr.2K

Santa Clarita, CA
    2005 FX45
    Garages:
    Btw, he said he got it the other day and now plans on painting his engine cover to match =) You guys should get together in a chicago meet(date :p) and take some pictures and compare who's MAF sensor is faster :p:LOL:.

5. OP
    OP
    Chedman13

Chedman13 iS VIP iS VIP

Illinois
    Garages:
    We can't wait here in Chicago, doesn't seem to want to warm up at all. It's nice having another FX45 around since we both are limited to our mods without going custom.

6. chiFX45

chiFX45 Member

chicago
    1967 Camaro RS

w00t! i knew my ears were ringing for a reason. how funny is this? i'm actually on my way to the body shop now to show the guy my engine cover for an estimate. hoping to detail everything soon and get my engine bay all done. i bought NISMO caps for the oil and radiator. (yes, yes. ed told me to do this a long time ago)

btw, mr. chedman, we can run MAFs anytime you want, punk!

7. OP
    OP
    Chedman13

Chedman13 iS VIP iS VIP

Illinois
    Garages:

Painting inside the engine bay? Pierce seems to have a clone in Chicago.... wonder if Ron will go blue too....

8. Dr.2K

Santa Clarita, CA
    2005 FX45
    Garages:
    Ron, did you install the intake yet? That nismo will look mighty pppprrreeeetttyyy with all the other nismo stuff in the engine bay :biggrin:

9. chiFX45

chiFX45 Member

chicago
    1967 Camaro RS
    i've been waiting for some free time to install it. also, weather's been crap every time i've had a free minute to get it done. soon, though. soon. i hope.

10. chiFX45

chiFX45 Member

chicago
    1967 Camaro RS
    also, body shop guy doesn't deal with high-temp painting and didn't wanna touch the engine cover at all. guess i gotta find another route now.

11. Reviving this thread. I need a new cone. anyone know where I can buy one? Preferably not the blue JWT one some cheap alternatively like chedman said will work fine.

12. shadow191

shadow191 Premium Member Premium

Atlanta, GA
    2007 FX35
    Garages:
    What intake do you currently have? If you have the JWT w/ velocity stack, I think the only filter that will fit is the JWT (I have the JWT). But if you have something like the LMS which has a place for the MAF, any cone filter will work. Or if you just have a Z-tube, you can get a MAF adapter and run any filter you want. I got the JWT because it bolts right up to MAF, but I'm about to get a MAF adapter and run a different filter along with extra pipe to get the filter down lower.

13. I dont know what velocity stack is.

I have JWT Pop Charger in my FX45.

---------- Post added at 10:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:30 AM ----------

Stu im going to send you a picture of my JWT Pop Charger installed on my vehicle i want to know if this is done correctly or if I've fully removed the air box properly?

14. shadow191

Atlanta, GA
    2007 FX35
    Garages:
    It's the part the filter attaches to, on the picture it's the metal piece with 4 bolt holes. If you have that, the only filter that fits is the JWT since it is very wide.

POPCHARGERGENERICSMALL.jpg

But if you get a MAF adapter like this

$T2eC16JHJF8FFp-Di2,lBSDr8YkKOQ~~60_35.JPG

That will bolt onto your MAF where the JWT metal one currently does and allow you to run pretty much any cone filter.

Attached Files:

15. okay i dont think i have a velocity stack.

Attached Files:

16. shadow191

Atlanta, GA
    2007 FX35
    Garages:
    I think you would as I'm pretty sure all JWT filters are set up that way. Otherwise, I'm not sure how that would connect to your MAF. The JWT picture I pulled is what they show on their site for the FX45. All of their intakes are set up similarly.

17. la_fx35

la_fx35 Staff Moderator

Chicago
    2003 FX45
    Andy
    Garages: