Welcome to InfinitiScene.com - Home for Infiniti QX and Q enthusiasts!
You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to the forums. Why not register on our forums and gain the extra benefits that our regular members enjoy?

• Enthusiast Owned and Operated!
  • Registraion is free.
  • You will be able to post, message, and interact with other members.
  • Our forum is full of friendly, knowledgeable members and staff.
  • Plenty of money saving opportunities from write-ups to maintenance help.
  • Create a garage and show off your ride and specs.
  • Opportunity for ad-free viewing.
  • Plus much more!

Registration is fast, free, and easy, so stop being just a guest and become one of our newly registered members today!

FX45 LMS Air intake heat shields?

Discussion in 'FX (03-08) - Engine & Drivetrain' started by fourfifth, Sep 9, 2007.

1. fourfifth

fourfifth Member

Boston, MA
    2009 infiniti fx35
    Garages:
    I was wondering if anyone with the LMS air intake has a heat shield.

*Registered members do not see this ad, register today!

2. trainerKEN

trainerKEN iS VIP iS VIP

I don't have one but I've thought about having one made tho... in the LMS thread over at org., I know of at least one person that had one made and posted a picture...

3. OP
    OP
    fourfifth

fourfifth Member

Boston, MA
    2009 infiniti fx35
    Garages:
  4. trainerKEN

trainerKEN iS VIP iS VIP

hmmmmm interesting... no, I haven't seen that... but I'd be more concern about the hot air being suck'd in rather than the tube itself...

but I was thinking more along the line of this:
    [​IMG]

5. OP
    OP
    fourfifth

fourfifth Member

Boston, MA
    2009 infiniti fx35
    Garages:
    Thats what I really want to put together. I'm going to look into both ways to keep air cooler. I'm going to try to make a heat shield this weekend. will post pics if I make some type of progress.

6. RiceFX

RiceFX Member

hmm.. im not sure why LMS didn't include a heat shield in the kit.
    But, quoting one of LMS' tech, "there was no visable difference when testing the kit with/without a heat shield on the Dyno"
    Take this how you like but i reckon LMS isn't THAT lazy to just ignore and not make shield. Nevertheless, i still have my speculations

7. Chedman13

Chedman13 iS VIP iS VIP

Illinois
    2014 Mercedes-Benz GL63 4Matic
    Garages:
    I've read many posts where some say heat shields matter and others that say heat shields don't. Can anyone who knows for sure help answer this?

8. fxlr8

fxlr8 Staff Administrator

California
    None
    Garages:
    Honestly I don't think a heat shield will help that much. When you think about it the heatshield is sitting right in the engine bay and if you look at heat shields they are usually not totally sealed, they have gaps and holes on the bottom.... etc. For it to work properly you would have to seal it off the best you can, where it has no option but to get the cold outside air, like in a fender or deep down below the headlight. What do I know though.

9. fxlr8

California
    None
    Garages:
  10. Chedman13

Chedman13 iS VIP iS VIP

Illinois
    2014 Mercedes-Benz GL63 4Matic
    Garages:
    very interesting. Since FX45 is 90mm, do I just buy that and customize it? Not sure what it means by special Bosch air sensor diameter of 90mm

11. fxlr8

California
    None
    Garages:
    Here is one on a 350z.

12B-Nissan_350Z.JPG

You will probably just have to buy a maf adapter and connect it to that using your factory maf.

Attached Files:

12. fxlr8

California
    None
    Garages:
  13. I was thinking about making a heat shield for my jwt pop charger. I know it comes with a side shield but i was thinkin to remake one similiar to stock where its all sealed and uses both factory air ducts. Any cons of doing it this way completely sealed? Any better ideas or improvements