Welcome to InfinitiScene.com - Home for Infiniti QX and Q enthusiasts!
You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to the forums. Why not register on our forums and gain the extra benefits that our regular members enjoy?

• Enthusiast Owned and Operated!
  • Registraion is free.
  • You will be able to post, message, and interact with other members.
  • Our forum is full of friendly, knowledgeable members and staff.
  • Plenty of money saving opportunities from write-ups to maintenance help.
  • Create a garage and show off your ride and specs.
  • Opportunity for ad-free viewing.
  • Plus much more!

Registration is fast, free, and easy, so stop being just a guest and become one of our newly registered members today!

Krown Rustproofing

Discussion in 'FX (03-08) - Interior & Exterior' started by robb<35>, Nov 9, 2007.

1. as the topic states, how good is the krown rustproofing? for all the fx owners in the colder regions and do rustproofing yearly what is the best kind of rust proof? i see all those rust check stations but i heard those are crap, who uses the best chemicals for your car, thanks :cool:

*Registered members do not see this ad, register today!

2. Viperi

Viperi Premium Member Premium

Toronto, Canada
    2008 fx35 AWD
    Garages:
    up need opinions. which ones better? i got an appointment with krown tomorrow. thing is i don't like the fact they drill holes in your car.

3. GEE50FX

GEE50FX The Traveller iS VIP

Kincardine, Ontario, Ca
    2010 White FX50S-sold
    Wayne
    Garages:
    You can't go wrong with Krown or Rust Check, they are both great products.

4. Viperi

Toronto, Canada
    2008 fx35 AWD
    Garages:
    which is better or last longer? should i tell the krown people to not to spray the engine bay( looks bad) and drill holes(rust?)?

5. turbocad6

turbocad6 iS VIP iS VIP

brooklyn, ny
    Garages:
    without drilling they won't be able to rustproof.

much rust starts from the inside out... what they do is drill a hole to get access to these orifices that are otherwise inaccessible, then stick a nozzle in there with a 360* spray pattern & coat the whole inside with a waxy substance that prevents moisture from attacking the metal... the small holes are then usually plugged. you are much better off with the small plug filled hole & the rustproof treatment than you are with no holes & no treatment

6. GEE50FX

Kincardine, Ontario, Ca
    2010 White FX50S-sold
    Wayne
    Garages:
    I have been getting Rust Check for over 20 years, I like it, but as far as which one is better I think Krown and Rust Check are equally as good as each other. It just so happens I have Rust Check closer to me than Krown.
    As Turbo said, they have to drill holes to do it properly, let them drill their holes. You can tell them not to spray the engine bay if you want.

7. Viperi

Toronto, Canada
    2008 fx35 AWD
    Garages:
    got it krowned. what a mess! hopefully its worth the money and hard work ill need to clean up certain areas.

8. blueduck1105

blueduck1105 Premium Member Premium

Illinois
    Garages:
    You have pics of the mess or process?

9. Viperi

Toronto, Canada
    2008 fx35 AWD
    Garages:
    i wiped out most of it under the engine bay. still dripping on my driveway. car smoked like crazy when i drove it home. smelled really bad. they got some on the brakes and it made stopping harder. the good thing about it is the stuff they use makes the car look shiney and removes dirt and gunk inside the engine bay with a single wipe :p

10. Ge0rge

Ge0rge Member

PA
    2008 FX35 AWD
    Why do you have this done? This is the first time I heard of doing this. Thanks.

11. Viperi

Toronto, Canada
    2008 fx35 AWD
    Garages:
    to prevent the car from rusting too quick and rotting away. more of a long term precaution.

12. Ge0rge

Ge0rge Member

PA
    2008 FX35 AWD
    I have never had a car rot away due to this issue. Interesting I suppose.

13. GEE50FX

Kincardine, Ontario, Ca
    2010 White FX50S-sold
    Wayne
    Garages:
    They use a lot of salt on the roads during the winter. This is what speeds up corrosion on vehicles.
    Do they not salt the roads through the winter where you are George?

14. Ge0rge

Ge0rge Member

PA
    2008 FX35 AWD
    They use a spray applied before the storm typically. Although it is no more than a salt spray I would imagine. I figured this was being applied to cars that reside in areas that get a lot of winter weather or near oceanic areas.

15. GEE50FX

Kincardine, Ontario, Ca
    2010 White FX50S-sold
    Wayne
    Garages:
    Exactly :smile (2):

16. Chedman13

Chedman13 iS VIP iS VIP

Illinois
    2014 Mercedes-Benz GL63 4Matic
    Garages:
    How much is this? Where do they rust proof? Everything they can? First I've heard of this except the snake oil they sell at dealerships if rust proof undercoating.

17. GEE50FX

Kincardine, Ontario, Ca
    2010 White FX50S-sold
    Wayne
    Garages:
    Here Ed, here are 2 of the best products. It tells all about them on their sites.

http://krown.com/#default

http://www.rustcheck.com/

Last edited: Oct 31, 2011
  18. blueduck1105

blueduck1105 Premium Member Premium

Illinois
    Garages:
    Ed let me know if you do this. I would also be interested in at least looking into it.

19. Viperi

Toronto, Canada
    2008 fx35 AWD
    Garages:
    costed me 140 buxs
    they drill holes in your door, and pillars to spray oil inside the doors and in the body. They also spray under the car and in the engine bay.

20. turbocad6

turbocad6 iS VIP iS VIP

brooklyn, ny
    Garages:
    the only reason for someone to do this on a new car is if they live in an area where rust is a big problem and they intend on keeping the car for a really really long time. a new car that your going to keep just 3,4 or even 5 years probably not even worth bothering... then again it is a bit of cheap insurance too, so it's not a bad thing to do really... this was a really big deal years ago but many modern cars are no where near as prone to rust as they used to be