Welcome to InfinitiScene.com - Home for Infiniti QX and Q enthusiasts!
You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to the forums. Why not register on our forums and gain the extra benefits that our regular members enjoy?

• Enthusiast Owned and Operated!
  • Registraion is free.
  • You will be able to post, message, and interact with other members.
  • Our forum is full of friendly, knowledgeable members and staff.
  • Plenty of money saving opportunities from write-ups to maintenance help.
  • Create a garage and show off your ride and specs.
  • Opportunity for ad-free viewing.
  • Plus much more!

Registration is fast, free, and easy, so stop being just a guest and become one of our newly registered members today!

[OT] Knock off Rookie Kits????

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Psiclne, Sep 14, 2007.

1. Psiclne

Psiclne Guest

*Registered members do not see this ad, register today!

2. Dr.2K

Dr.2K iS Doctor on Duty iS VIP

Santa Clarita, CA
    2005 FX45
    Garages:
    No that is not the same place rookie went to. Autoexplosion is the shop that did rookies custom wide body. Looks almost like an exact copy.

3. rookie

rookie Premium Member Premium

Dam that's funny. We're putting a non- widebody bumper onto Marks FX soon too. I don't like their lower vents. Too oblong, the vent style we used was close to being a mirror of the FX headlight and grille orientation.

4. fxlr8

fxlr8 Staff Administrator

California
    None
    Garages:
    doesn't beat rooks though.... Viet is #1 ;)

5. OP
    OP
    Psiclne

Psiclne Guest

Thats what I'm saying - Viet is the OG Widebody.........

6. rookie

Imitation is not a horrible thing. The big upside of what we did, we didn't do it to make money. :biggrin:

7. Dr.2K

Santa Clarita, CA
    2005 FX45
    Garages:
    Viet, is Mark doing just the front or everything?

8. rookie

We only have a front piece ready to go. I didn't think there would be any kind of demand for a kit really. The front is only available cause I wanted 2 bumpers in the beginning and that was the easiest way to make them both identical.

I can probably figure out what lower bumper used.
    david_dsouza_infiniti_fx45_086_468.jpg

My opinion, they took away too much of the upper FX bumper for it to flow correctly. that's the look we were trying to avoid, any kind of blunt front, or snow plow style lower was not going to cut the mustard.

Let's see them do this.
    bumpers.jpg

Attached Files:

9. Mongolian

Mongolian Premium Member Premium

I think it looks pretty decent, but no one will top the OG.... I'd put that kit on if it looks anywhere close to Rookie's car. :cool:

10. OP
    OP
    Psiclne

Psiclne Guest

Theres something about it, that doesnt look right. I just cant put my finger on it.:confused:

11. rookie

I see the thread starter from the org has registered here. :)

Once their bumper is painted or at least 1 solid color the lines will be more visible.

12. biters stink. rookie 4 president. that is all...

13. BaBaLuwee

BaBaLuwee Member

So. Cal
    2004 FX 35 RWD
    That doesn't look anything like Rookies kit. I can see were they tried to make it look like his kit but they failed. Its too squared off at the edges and the openings look oval and do not flow with the grille and headlights . Look at the center opening of Rookies kit and how it flows with the grille. Look at the sides openings were the fogs would be and how they flow with the headlights. The bottom of Rookies is not squared off but had a nice spoiler and makes the front end look lower.

Ya know after taking a closer look at the the kit on Rookies FX, im once again saying wow.......what detail.

Waitin for a kit but that poser kit is not the one.:err:

Last edited: Sep 16, 2007
  14. brown_fv

brown_fv Premium Member Premium

i think they left too much of the original bumper maybe thats why it doesn't flow...either way i want to see how this looks in the end. you never know it might be pretty good...

15. Dr.2K

Santa Clarita, CA
    2005 FX45
    Garages:
    I think it's better then the other weird kits we have seen on the org. But agreed not as nice or looks like it belongs on the FX as rookies, but a very good attempt nonetheless.

16. Marty

Marty Member

OC
    I'm this close copying ur widebody ;)