Welcome to InfinitiScene.com - Home for Infiniti QX and Q enthusiasts!
You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to the forums. Why not register on our forums and gain the extra benefits that our regular members enjoy?

• Enthusiast Owned and Operated!
  • Registraion is free.
  • You will be able to post, message, and interact with other members.
  • Our forum is full of friendly, knowledgeable members and staff.
  • Plenty of money saving opportunities from write-ups to maintenance help.
  • Create a garage and show off your ride and specs.
  • Opportunity for ad-free viewing.
  • Plus much more!

Registration is fast, free, and easy, so stop being just a guest and become one of our newly registered members today!

key light in dash???

Discussion in 'FX (03-08) - Electronics & Lighting' started by asherchy, Dec 13, 2007.

1. asherchy

asherchy Premium Member Premium

my dash keeps blinking at me that the key isnt in the car even though it is... blinks for a minute then goes away.
    im thinking that the battery in the remote is dying.. anything else it might be. when i change the battery is anything going to need to be reprogrammed or reset...
    thanks

*Registered members do not see this ad, register today!

2. turbocad6

turbocad6 iS VIP iS VIP

brooklyn, ny
    Garages:
    the antenna for interior key sense is in the center console, so if you got your keys in a left pocket in a leather jacket or something it might be on the fringe of reception maybe, the battery also sounds like a possible suspect. it should just work the same after the battery change no problem.

3. Dr.2K

Dr.2K iS Doctor on Duty iS VIP

Santa Clarita, CA
    2005 FX45
    Garages:
    Yea, make sure you change out the battery once a year just to be safe. Just replace it nothing else is needed.

4. OP
    OP
    asherchy

i always put my keys in the same spot so im hoping its just the battery... havent replaced it since i bought the car and who knows when the previous owner changed it..

5. Psiclne

Psiclne Guest

Its the battery - I had the same thing happen earlier this year. Change it out and everything will be fine

6. OP
    OP
    asherchy

all fixed. just the battery

7. rookie

rookie Premium Member Premium

I want a blinking key thingy. No tech for me, I'm low tech.

8. Psiclne

Psiclne Guest

Glad you got it fixed asherchy! Was it tricky for you to get the iKey to open up??.....um cuz I didnt ;)

You have crazy buttons on your remote - much more advanced then the tech package I must say......:err:

9. Dr.2K

Dr.2K iS Doctor on Duty iS VIP

Santa Clarita, CA
    2005 FX45
    Garages:
    Thats an understatement!:err::p

10. OP
    OP
    asherchy

ill trade you straight up rookie...