Welcome to InfinitiScene.com - Home for Infiniti QX and Q enthusiasts!
You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to the forums. Why not register on our forums and gain the extra benefits that our regular members enjoy?

• Enthusiast Owned and Operated!
  • Registraion is free.
  • You will be able to post, message, and interact with other members.
  • Our forum is full of friendly, knowledgeable members and staff.
  • Plenty of money saving opportunities from write-ups to maintenance help.
  • Create a garage and show off your ride and specs.
  • Opportunity for ad-free viewing.
  • Plus much more!

Registration is fast, free, and easy, so stop being just a guest and become one of our newly registered members today!

FX35 Keemo's Mods

Discussion in 'FX (03-08) - Engine & Drivetrain' started by Keemo, Sep 11, 2007.

1. Keemo

Keemo Premium Member Premium

I'm starting a thread in the performance to track plans and mods done for my FX.

Finally, The Wait Is Over!! - Page 2 - InfinitiScene.com
    Well, I've gotten in contact with LMS regarding purchasing the intake tube only without the filter (not the Z-tube) so I could use it with the Stillen Air intake. They said they could do it for $215. I'm not sure if that's CND funds or not though.

Would it be worth doing this? Or would getting the LMS full short Ram intake with filter be best? I thought of this because I liked how the stillen was protected and separated from the engine. I know there might be some mods needed but I thought it might be a 'perfect world' if I could pull it off.

*Registered members do not see this ad, register today!

2. Dr.2K

Dr.2K iS Doctor on Duty iS VIP

Santa Clarita, CA
    2005 FX45
    Garages:
    I'm sure you can do it as it has been done before. LMS tube + stillen box = a great mod

3. Chedman13

Chedman13 iS VIP iS VIP

Illinois
    2014 Mercedes-Benz GL63 4Matic
    Garages:
    +1 if I had a FX35, that is what I would do. If only that option existed for the FX45...

4. OP
    OP
    Keemo

Cool, thanks for the opinions.

Hopefully by xmas it'll be done, along with Black Plenum.

Also, Dr.2K's strut bar made me want to get one and paint it glossy black like that asap. So nice!
    Pics Under the hood - InfinitiScene.com

I also saw a oil catch res. on mynismo.com. there was a write up on the org. about this type of thing. Is it really worth it?
    http://mynismo.com/products/?id=2677

5. Chedman13

Chedman13 iS VIP iS VIP

Illinois
    2014 Mercedes-Benz GL63 4Matic
    Garages:
    I think so, you can see my post on the org in the same thread. I went with the Jeg's which is pretty cheap (~$40?).

6. OP
    OP
    Keemo

That looks really good. And simple! It might be the way to go. How much oil does it really collect? Thanks. I also find it funny that it wouldn't be a standard thing if having oil in the air intake path can cause detonation?

Last edited: Sep 14, 2007