Welcome to InfinitiScene.com - Home for Infiniti QX and Q enthusiasts!
You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to the forums. Why not register on our forums and gain the extra benefits that our regular members enjoy?

• Enthusiast Owned and Operated!
  • Registraion is free.
  • You will be able to post, message, and interact with other members.
  • Our forum is full of friendly, knowledgeable members and staff.
  • Plenty of money saving opportunities from write-ups to maintenance help.
  • Create a garage and show off your ride and specs.
  • Opportunity for ad-free viewing.
  • Plus much more!

Registration is fast, free, and easy, so stop being just a guest and become one of our newly registered members today!

FX45 K&N Filter - better performance?

Discussion in 'FX (03-08) - Engine & Drivetrain' started by evo188, Feb 15, 2008.

1. Hey Guys,

Since most of the Air filter for the FX45 are custom made, I was thinking of going with just the K&N Filter.

Anybody have it on their Fx45 and do you notice a little better gas mileage?

Thanks!!

*Registered members do not see this ad, register today!

2. Dr.2K

Dr.2K iS Doctor on Duty iS VIP

Santa Clarita, CA
    2005 FX45
    Garages:
    I have a drop in k&n in my 45. I can't say about gas mileage as I do not pay too much attention to that but some think it does help a bit but more depends on your driving style then anything else. And after all we are driving a v8.

3. in the beginning my first mod was to use oem kn filter for my fx 35, obviously the kn filter will perform better flow of air /fuel ratio, giving better gas mileage, (not to much) maybe at much 1 mile or 1/2 mile more, and little smooth aceleration add.

of course if you want to upgrade with a unit that give you more power and under normal driving condition you can have better gas mileasge i suggest you to buy cold intake air from stillen for the FX.

4. Dr.2K

Dr.2K iS Doctor on Duty iS VIP

Santa Clarita, CA
    2005 FX45
    Garages:
    Only problem with that is that stillen does not make a intake kit for the 45 =). Only aftermarket options available for the 45 is from LMS and weaponR.

5. is weird that stillen didn't make thru.

6. KGB45

KGB45 Member

I can tell you that your V8 will be much happer and you will see a little better praformance out of it.
    GAS HUM!!! i dont think so!

7. NopWRX

NopWRX Guest

I installed mine last night and it took me 40 minutes in the dark! Some people did it in 15... The FX does seem smoother though.