Welcome to InfinitiScene.com - Home for Infiniti QX and Q enthusiasts!
You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to the forums. Why not register on our forums and gain the extra benefits that our regular members enjoy?

• Enthusiast Owned and Operated!
  • Registraion is free.
  • You will be able to post, message, and interact with other members.
  • Our forum is full of friendly, knowledgeable members and staff.
  • Plenty of money saving opportunities from write-ups to maintenance help.
  • Create a garage and show off your ride and specs.
  • Opportunity for ad-free viewing.
  • Plus much more!

Registration is fast, free, and easy, so stop being just a guest and become one of our newly registered members today!

FX45 K&N Filter - better performance?

Discussion in 'FX (03-08) - Engine & Drivetrain' started by evo188, Feb 15, 2008.

1. evo188

evo188 Member

Hey Guys,

Since most of the Air filter for the FX45 are custom made, I was thinking of going with just the K&N Filter.

Anybody have it on their Fx45 and do you notice a little better gas mileage?

Thanks!!

*Registered members do not see this ad, register today!

2. Dr.2K

Dr.2K iS Doctor on Duty iS VIP

Car:
    2005 FX45
    Garages:
    I have a drop in k&n in my 45. I can't say about gas mileage as I do not pay too much attention to that but some think it does help a bit but more depends on your driving style then anything else. And after all we are driving a v8.

3. muchilus

muchilus Member

in the beginning my first mod was to use oem kn filter for my fx 35, obviously the kn filter will perform better flow of air /fuel ratio, giving better gas mileage, (not to much) maybe at much 1 mile or 1/2 mile more, and little smooth aceleration add.

of course if you want to upgrade with a unit that give you more power and under normal driving condition you can have better gas mileasge i suggest you to buy cold intake air from stillen for the FX.

4. Dr.2K

Dr.2K iS Doctor on Duty iS VIP

Car:
    2005 FX45
    Garages:
    Only problem with that is that stillen does not make a intake kit for the 45 =). Only aftermarket options available for the 45 is from LMS and weaponR.

5. muchilus

muchilus Member

is weird that stillen didn't make thru.

6. KGB45

KGB45 Member

I can tell you that your V8 will be much happer and you will see a little better praformance out of it.
    GAS HUM!!! i dont think so!

7. NopWRX

NopWRX Guest

I installed mine last night and it took me 40 minutes in the dark! Some people did it in 15... The FX does seem smoother though.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.