Welcome to InfinitiScene.com - Home for Infiniti QX and Q enthusiasts!
You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to the forums. Why not register on our forums and gain the extra benefits that our regular members enjoy?

• Enthusiast Owned and Operated!
  • Registraion is free.
  • You will be able to post, message, and interact with other members.
  • Our forum is full of friendly, knowledgeable members and staff.
  • Plenty of money saving opportunities from write-ups to maintenance help.
  • Create a garage and show off your ride and specs.
  • Opportunity for ad-free viewing.
  • Plus much more!

Registration is fast, free, and easy, so stop being just a guest and become one of our newly registered members today!

[OT] Just got a 06 FX35 and had to give it back....

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Z33_2_FX35, Jul 16, 2007.

1. Well guys as you know I just joined this board the other week after picking up an awesome 06 FX35 with 7k miles, touring, sport, tech for $35k OTD. Sounds like a great deal huh? Almost too good to be true right? Well turns out that it was. Turns out the car was a lemon, or manufacture buy back, due to the airbag light being on for the previous owner. This was not disclosed to me and for some reason carfax didn't show this problem in the car's history. I confronted the dealership with this and after a couple hrs of heated arguing and threats of lawsuit they took the car back and voided the deal. Now I'm back to square one again. Thank god my trade in, 350Z, was still on their lot and haven't been processed yet even though they tried to hide it and claimed it was gone. Anyways I spent most of today car shopping at a different dealership and this was the best I got:

08 FX35 with 11 miles. Touring, Sport. MSRP $42.5k. Got them down to $40,495 OTD. With $5k down and $6k in equity from the Z the payments came out to be $650/month. Is this a good deal for a 08? BTW I also heard this was the last year for the FX. Nissan/Infiniti is coming out with a new model to replace the FX around Dec as a 09 model just like the redesign of the Murano that's coming. Thoughts? Comments?

*Registered members do not see this ad, register today!

2. Psiclne

Psiclne Guest

Seems kinda high to me - what APR% are they giving to you????

3. rookie

rookie Premium Member Premium

Man, sorry to hear the bad experience with the dealer. I do applaud that it didn't leave a sour taste about the FX in general. :)

For brand new model pricing it doesn't look out of line. This is a AWD? Back in 2005 I got mine RWD, sport for 37500.

4. OP
    OP
    Z33_2_FX35

Z33_2_FX35 Member

Well we never got that far to the finacing step to talk APR but I have Tier 1 credit. Now looking back at it I am wondering what the rate they were figuring because at @ ~$40.5k with $11k (down + equity) I should be financing around $29k for 60 months. There were no special incentives for 08s so I am assuming a 6-7% APR? Hmm...the math works out to be a bit lower per/mon now looking back at the numbers. But throw that out for a second. What about the sales price? Is $40.5k about right or do you think I could have done better?

As for the FX well I have nothing good to say about the dealer but that doesn't change my outlook for the car. The way I see it one thing has nothing to do with the other.

Rookie, what was the MSRP of your car when you got your 05? Keep in mind 08s have the intel. key, rear camera, and redesigned interior.

Last edited: Jul 16, 2007
  5. Psiclne

Psiclne Guest

the OTD price looks ok - but the payments seemed on the high side to me thats why I asked about the APR%. How can they give you a monthly payment without factoring the APR?

6. OP
    OP
    Z33_2_FX35

Z33_2_FX35 Member

I don't let dealers pull my credit until I am ready to sign. I know my credit is good so I told them to assume tier 1 rating. They gave me a range back of $650-680 pending credit pull. But still the math is not adding up at $29k financing. $29k @7% for 60 months is about $560/mon. I haven't checked the new car APRs yet so I'm not sure how low it can be with my rating. I dont know if they are lower and are different on a used which is around 6-7%

Last edited: Jul 17, 2007
  7. trainerKEN

trainerKEN iS VIP iS VIP

I can kinda relate to the bad experience... I bought my 03' FX45 4 months ago with 30k miles, blue book on it was $33k-$34k and I got it for $26k (about $28,500 out the door), anyway... I had some "issues" with Infiniti of Santa Monica myself... like for example... a few weeks into it, a piece of the roof rack flew off while on the freeway. I live in South Orange County, so I simply took it into Infiniti of Mission Viejo, where they said they would replace the part under warranty... but while I was in there, I asked them to check out the brakes cuz they squeak when applied in reverse... They gave me a loaner and I went to work... I couple hours later, they called me and told me that my front brake pads were at around 50% and the rear brake pads were around 20%!!! Keep in mind it had only been about 3 weeks. They quoted me somewhere in the $500 range for the pads and labor and I freaked out... and told them NOT to do anymore work on the car other than the piece of the roof rack that flew off...

So, I called Infiniti of Santa Monica... and told them what had just happened... and they said that "well... that's their opinion" I was like :err:

Me: "Wait, are you saying that the service dept. at Mission Viejo are either lying or incompetent???!!!"

Manager: "...I'm just saying, I'm NOT authorizing Mission Viejo to fix anything at our cost, until I see it..."

Me: "...so, you want ME to drive all the way back up to Santa Monica, because you don't trust the mechanics down here? You DO realize this IS an Infiniti dealer we're talking about NOT some mom and pop's garage?..."

Manager: "...oh, I know... I'm still NOT going to agree to anything until I see it...."

So, I drove all the way up there on a Saturday, and met up with the a$$hole sales manager at their remote service location... where he had a mechanic look at the brakes... and sure enough, they were 50/20%. He had them replaced the pads but didn't give me a tank of gas like he said he would for driving up there... I was just happy they did it for me, I didn't bother asking about the gas....

I've also noticed some areas of my car that show "signs" of body work (paint), which means... it was probably in an accident... but yet... NOTHING was in CARFAX. So far... the car drives fine... I've mentioned about squeaking brakes in another thread... but other than that... so far so good

I just find it funny that... I never got any kind of follow up phone call or letter from Infiniti of Santa Monica... no survey of any kind what so ever... I, soooooooooooooo, want to file a complaint with Nissan/Infiniti

AND this was an abbreviated version of what really happened... I made calls pretending I was another potencial car buyer, asking about their used cars... They would tell me about their "128 points rigorous inspections" which I was able to quote them on... and OH, they got really REALLY pissed when I did that;)

it went something like this: "...that's funny, cuz I just called 10 minutes ago pretending to be a potencial used car buyer and you said.... "

Sorry for the long post... I just needed to rant:mad:

8. Psiclne

Psiclne Guest

On the Infiniti website it shows 0.9% APR on the 07's.....not sure if that rate would apply to your 08. It looks like they are making big money on the APR side of the deal to me.......keep us posted.

9. OP
    OP
    Z33_2_FX35

Z33_2_FX35 Member

Hey thanks I just saw that. The .9% is for 36 month notes and 4.9% for 60. Yeah payments to APR doesn't add up at ~$650 if they are truely trying to finance me at $29k on tier 1 rating. I'll keep you guys posted. I'm currently talk to a dealership in Austin, which is about 225 miles away from me in Dallas, and if things go the way I want I might drive down there and try to drive that car home.

10. Dr.2K

Dr.2K iS Doctor on Duty iS VIP

Santa Clarita, CA
    2005 FX45
    Garages:
    Yes, it pays to do ALL your math before going to the dealership so they can't jerk you around. I had all the payment options written down for the interest rate I wanted which was the 2.99 at the time and with the options I wanted too. At my first trip to the dealership I low balled them a bit too much and I ended up walking out. I went back the next week after going to 4 other dealerships. In the end, the first dealer was willing to include the extra options I wanted and ship the car down at their expense. It really does pay to have it all written down on paper and negotiate from there and not from where they want.

Hope it all works out for you z33!

Last edited: Jul 24, 2007
  11. OP
    OP
    Z33_2_FX35

Z33_2_FX35 Member

12. Dr.2K

Dr.2K iS Doctor on Duty iS VIP

Santa Clarita, CA
    2005 FX45
    Garages:
    Congrats! looking forward to seeing some pics.

13. OP
    OP
    Z33_2_FX35

Z33_2_FX35 Member

Yeah the guys back at my350Z.com are waiting for pics also. They want to see what made me get out of my Z. It's been raining almost everyday the past month so my car is already dirty :mad:. As soon as I get a clear window in the weather I'll take some to post.