Welcome to InfinitiScene.com - Home for Infiniti QX and Q enthusiasts!
You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to the forums. Why not register on our forums and gain the extra benefits that our regular members enjoy?

• Enthusiast Owned and Operated!
  • Registraion is free.
  • You will be able to post, message, and interact with other members.
  • Our forum is full of friendly, knowledgeable members and staff.
  • Plenty of money saving opportunities from write-ups to maintenance help.
  • Create a garage and show off your ride and specs.
  • Opportunity for ad-free viewing.
  • Plus much more!

Registration is fast, free, and easy, so stop being just a guest and become one of our newly registered members today!

FX35 Jim Wolf Pop Charger Question

Discussion in 'FX (03-08) - Engine & Drivetrain' started by imballin2day, Mar 20, 2008.

1. imballin2day

imballin2day Member

LA
    If I buy a Jim Wolf pop charger system can I run that intake with the stock z tube or should I get a stillen or lms ztube? Will the z-tube create a louder sound?

*Registered members do not see this ad, register today!

2. Frankiago

Frankiago Evo Troll Premium

IL
    Than stock? Yes. The baffles on stock intake do their job well.

3. OP
    OP
    imballin2day

imballin2day Member

LA
    Bump. I bought this and installed it yesterday. I want to buy a ztube. Will the LMS fit the popcharger perfectly? Is anyone running that setup?

4. Richardim

Richardim Member

SOKAL
    Juss installed a pop charger with z-tube and sounds amazing! the z-tube will make it louder and help in acceleration. not a big big difference but will notice at half throttle smoothness! thats all i can say! for the lms im not sure since i never installed one. on the z-tube i had to cut off the stock intake to extend it but its not hard at all. just cut and connect! GL! ;)

5. jbaker1121

jbaker1121 Im in touch with humanity iS VIP

Westchester, New York
    09 FX50
    Garages:
    what does the pop charger actually do

6. HumbertoCALI

HumbertoCALI Premium Member Premium

South Gate, CA
    2003 FX45 AWD
    Garages:
    Golan.

Especially now. Make sure to reset your ECU so you can get the most out of your new mods...

7. brown_fv

brown_fv Premium Member Premium

its the intake filter like the stillen cold air box.

8. FxJojo

FxJojo Member

is the JWT Pop charger better than the LMS one(filter)? i just purchased LMS SRI which comes whith K&N filter i think and no heatsheild.
    i wanted to buy an intake system with heatsheild but they say that the LMS has the best tube and i like it.

9. ok, so i searched and this ooooold thread seemed like the best place to ask this question.
    I've decided to put the jwt pop charger on, now, where the hell do I buy it from? I seriously can't find one place online that doesn't look sketchy.

10. Chedman13

Chedman13 iS VIP iS VIP

Illinois
    2014 Mercedes-Benz GL63 4Matic
    Garages:
    I buy direct from jwt.

You can get it here for the FX35 with a heat shield:
    http://www.infinitipartsusa.com/par...rtInfo&PartID=437129&siteid=55&catalogid=3323

11. got it and put it on yesterday.
    The sound at WOT is amazing!!
    sucks because I was hoping it would help improve my gas mileage and all i want to do now is floor the thing.

Should I reset my ecu?
    I've heard lots of yeses and lots of nos so I'm on the fence////

12. Logan

Logan iS VIP iS VIP

Seattle
    Garages:
    No need to reset the ECU really unless it is causing issues. After you get all the performance mods installed you think you will want (it never ends) then you can go for a tune, either by using a Uni-chip or an UPREV. That will gather up all the benefits of your mods (especially your breather mods) and you will see the payoff in more power and possibly better MPG's - if you can keep your foot out of it =)

13. Dracula

Dracula Premium Member Premium

Hollywood, CA
    2004 FX35 RWD
    Andy
    Garages:
    the sounda loud? growls? , can u take a vid from outside neutral revs and obviously inside?

14. normal driving and idle I'd say you don't hear it.
    When you lay on the gas, then the beast wakes up.
    I'll take some videos later today.

My only other mod is a 5/16" motordyne spacer.

I highly doubt I'll do anything else to the engine.
    I'm seriously considering H&R springs though.

15. Chedman13

Chedman13 iS VIP iS VIP

Illinois
    2014 Mercedes-Benz GL63 4Matic
    Garages:
    You won't regret the H&R springs -- do it!

16. :) yeah yeah i know i will.

I did have a question though regarding the delivery of actual "cold air" into the thing.
    Has anyone else cut a hole in the lower grill where i put the circle so that fresh air can actually get in below the filter or does everyone just rely on the "power duct"
    [​IMG]

17. PMG 705

PMG 705 Staff Moderator

Chi-town
    FX
    I think wasabiz did something similar to what you're proposing.. It shouldn't be difficult to execute with some ducting, but you'll also need to think about turbulence if you get the accordion type piping.