Welcome to InfinitiScene.com - Home for Infiniti QX and Q enthusiasts!
You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to the forums. Why not register on our forums and gain the extra benefits that our regular members enjoy?

• Enthusiast Owned and Operated!
  • Registraion is free.
  • You will be able to post, message, and interact with other members.
  • Our forum is full of friendly, knowledgeable members and staff.
  • Plenty of money saving opportunities from write-ups to maintenance help.
  • Create a garage and show off your ride and specs.
  • Opportunity for ad-free viewing.
  • Plus much more!

Registration is fast, free, and easy, so stop being just a guest and become one of our newly registered members today!

is that a murano?

Discussion in 'QX70 Chat' started by robb<35>, Feb 27, 2008.

1. hey guys, i have come to conclusion that i hate it when everybody thinks the fx is a murano, i mean they share the same platform and all, but for the non car enthusiasts out there they say, nice murano , or the ladies that hop in, is this a murano?, just takes the whole purpose away from owning an fx, for christ sakes its an fx35, anybody have an experience with this?

*Registered members do not see this ad, register today!

2. Dr.2K

Dr.2K iS Doctor on Duty iS VIP

Santa Clarita, CA
    2005 FX45
    Garages:
    They do not share the same platform.

No experience like that here in socal. Too many FX's and murano's to tell the difference.

3. Keemo

Keemo Premium Member Premium

yah, yesterday one of my clients just picked up an X3. So we had our hoods up etc. yada yada, and he pulled out the "So, it's like a Murano but with more bells and whistles right?" :mad:..... if he was'nt my client...:boxing: :LOL:

Last edited: Feb 27, 2008
  4. aiya

aiya First Genner iS VIP

NYC
    Garages:
    Yep yep. Rest assured that you are kin to the 350Z. Let your ladies know that the next time they Murano you. :p

5. brown_fv

brown_fv Premium Member Premium

Yeah...usually from people who dont know what theyre talking about...or from HATERS with german cars lol.

Oh yeah ive got a BMW, what do you have...oh thats a nissan right? GO TO HELL

/end rant.

6. Psiclne

Psiclne Guest

I used to get a lot of crap from my co-workers....only cuz they knew it was my pet peeve.

7. trainerKEN

trainerKEN iS VIP iS VIP

I've never had people confused my FX with a Murano, but I have heard many people say "...well, it's (Murano) just the cheaper version of the FX" :mad: I have had this kind of experience before tho... when I had my Acura TL-S... I used to get people ask me "...that's a Honda Accord, right?" :mad::mad::mad: When up until the day I bought the FX... I had 2 people asked me... "...so, what did you do with the Honda?" Whatever

8. jbaker1121

jbaker1121 Im in touch with humanity iS VIP

Westchester, New York
    09 FX50
    Garages:
    i've had this experience. i hate it when ppl say it. even the guy i use in town for install--the first time i got somehting doen he called it a murano like 50 times and i got really pissed. he did the same when i ordered an intake thru him (he oredered the wrong one) but yeah. i HATE IT.

:rofl:

9. OP
    OP
    robb<35>

robb<35> Member

haha ya pretty much , it gets annoying at times and they try to piss you off saying , ya man dont worry its a nissan same crap :mad:i tell em right where to go
    lol

10. jbaker1121

Westchester, New York
    09 FX50
    Garages:
    depending on what car they have, i compare nd contrast what the fx has comapred to thiers. i usually convie them that i have the superior car for whatever reason ( i should be a lawyer haha)

i also hate when people spell it "INFINITY"
    i mean wtf. haha even a cop who gave me a parking ticket spelt it that way....its written on the damn car for god's sake!!!!!!!!!!!!

idk. i just pisses me off. i cant wait for my s/c so i can burn all the haters :wub:

11. turbocad6

turbocad6 iS VIP iS VIP

brooklyn, ny
    Garages:
    simple answer I give, murano is built on an altima platform, fx is a 350z platform, they may look similar but they share almost nothing & are 2 completely different animals, anyone that thinks there the same just don't know any better, I used to think the fx was a muranno with diffent bodywork & toys too, honestly it's a normal assumption really & would make sense if you didn't know better.

12. jbaker1121

Westchester, New York
    09 FX50
    Garages:
    i say that too.....just in a meaner way.......including the words or phrases "ignorant" and "lack of knowledge"...."your gay".....etc.

gotta mentally decapitate the hatersss

13. turbocad6

turbocad6 iS VIP iS VIP

brooklyn, ny
    Garages:
    yeah, but I'm a car guy, I've been working on cars in some capacity as a career for the past 25 years & even I originaly thought that the fx was basicly a murano. many cars share platform from there regular line to there high line, so it really isn't a hater, it's an uniformed or ignorant to the difference kind of thing...

14. trainerKEN

trainerKEN iS VIP iS VIP

I forgot to share this earlier, but... one time when someone asked if all my Acura TL-S was basically a Honda Accord, I said to him... "...I guess, it is... but you DO know your Land Rover Discovery is basically a Ford Explorer, right?" :p

15. asherchy

asherchy Premium Member Premium

wait... i dont have a fancy murano

16. Dr.2K

Dr.2K iS Doctor on Duty iS VIP

Santa Clarita, CA
    2005 FX45
    Garages:
    :LOL: that's a good one Ken.

17. Keemo

Keemo Premium Member Premium

:LOL:

18. Hazemonster

Hazemonster Member

I get bummed because most of the drivers I see in the FX's around here (ATLANTA) are female! :squigglemouth:

19. brown_fv

brown_fv Premium Member Premium

Same here. atleast 6/10 FX owners i see are female. i thought this ride was targeted towards males!

20. OP
    OP
    robb<35>

robb<35> Member

ye very true, i see alot of female drivers in the t.o area,