Welcome to InfinitiScene.com - Home for Infiniti QX and Q enthusiasts!
You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to the forums. Why not register on our forums and gain the extra benefits that our regular members enjoy?

• Enthusiast Owned and Operated!
  • Registraion is free.
  • You will be able to post, message, and interact with other members.
  • Our forum is full of friendly, knowledgeable members and staff.
  • Plenty of money saving opportunities from write-ups to maintenance help.
  • Create a garage and show off your ride and specs.
  • Opportunity for ad-free viewing.
  • Plus much more!

Registration is fast, free, and easy, so stop being just a guest and become one of our newly registered members today!

FX35 Is Redline Synthetic D4 ATF compatible with Matic J

Discussion in 'FX (03-08) - Engine & Drivetrain' started by wcasskicker, Feb 23, 2008.

1. Has anyone tried swapped transmission fluid from Matic J to redline synthetic. I've used redline Synthetic for all my nissan car including 2000/2006 Maxima and none of them had issue. I know Infiniti insists Matic J fluid for our FX only, but has anyone tried any of aftermarket fluid like redline/Amsoil/Mobiel 1/valvoline. I've alrady changed my ATF to redline and have driven the car for over 500km so far and haven't have issue yet. By the way, I'm driving 2003 FX35.

http://www.redlineoil.com/pdf/3.pdf

*Registered members do not see this ad, register today!

2. Dr.2K

Dr.2K iS Doctor on Duty iS VIP

Santa Clarita, CA
    2005 FX45
    Garages:
    Welcome to the Scene! Sorry but I can't say I have tried redline (and don't know if anyone here has also) as its only been matic J for my FX. Perhaps some that has tried will chime in and shed some light on your question.

3. Chedman13

Chedman13 iS VIP iS VIP

Illinois
    2014 Mercedes-Benz GL63 4Matic
    Garages:
    My thoughts are why risk it. You void the warranty on your transmission if you don't use Nissan Matic J fluid. If you're out of warranty, then it doesn't matter.

Nissan Matic J fluid is full synthetic, but is very expensive. I would stick with Nissan Matic J unless you want to use a cheaper priced full synthetic. This is the only fluid that I haven't changed from OEM (i.e. Mobil 1 diff/t-case, quaker state full syn engine oil, valvoline synpower full syn brake fluid, etc.).

The pdf shows it's compatible with Nissan Matic J, so you should be fine if you did.

4. I heard AMSOIL is just as great, or even better at ~ $10 a quart.

5. carguy75

carguy75 Member

alpharetta,ga
    Garages:
    I would just go with the Matic S fluid you can get at any Nissan dealership. It surpasses the Matic J because it is synthetic and formulated to work specifically with our transmissions. The aftermarket fluids could cause the transmission to slip due to not having the right friction modifiers added. But there is only one way to find out. Personally I would stick with the OEM transmission fluid. I will not experiment with a 5k transmission just to save a few bucks.