Welcome to InfinitiScene.com - Home for Infiniti QX and Q enthusiasts!
You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to the forums. Why not register on our forums and gain the extra benefits that our regular members enjoy?

• Enthusiast Owned and Operated!
  • Registraion is free.
  • You will be able to post, message, and interact with other members.
  • Our forum is full of friendly, knowledgeable members and staff.
  • Plenty of money saving opportunities from write-ups to maintenance help.
  • Create a garage and show off your ride and specs.
  • Opportunity for ad-free viewing.
  • Plus much more!

Registration is fast, free, and easy, so stop being just a guest and become one of our newly registered members today!

[OT] Is belt replacement under warranty?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by sckent, Jul 5, 2007.

1. sckent

sckent Member

Hi guys, my car just did the oil chenged service, and the guy told me that two belts in the engine bay( beside the engine or something) need to be replace soon, do you guys think if i replace those two belts in the dealer shop for free? my car is still under warranty.

*Registered members do not see this ad, register today!

2. rookie

rookie Premium Member Premium

I don't think belt replacement is under warranty since it's more of a wear and tear/ maintenance item.

3. OP
    OP
    sckent

sckent Member

thanks bro, i am thinking the same too, the belts just like the tires. should not be replacement under warranty:frown:

4. Deecarp

Deecarp Premium Member Premium

Bay Area
    QX60 AWD
    Darryl
    Normal wear and tear of your belts is not under warranty; Unless there is a defect with the belt itself from the manufacture, or you have defective pullies, in which case the dealer will replace your pullies and belts under warranty if the pullies are found to be the problem.