Welcome to InfinitiScene.com - Home for Infiniti QX and Q enthusiasts!
You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to the forums. Why not register on our forums and gain the extra benefits that our regular members enjoy?

• Enthusiast Owned and Operated!
  • Registraion is free.
  • You will be able to post, message, and interact with other members.
  • Our forum is full of friendly, knowledgeable members and staff.
  • Plenty of money saving opportunities from write-ups to maintenance help.
  • Create a garage and show off your ride and specs.
  • Opportunity for ad-free viewing.
  • Plus much more!

Registration is fast, free, and easy, so stop being just a guest and become one of our newly registered members today!

[OT] INTERNET killing productivity :(

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by turbocad6, Jan 17, 2008.

1. turbocad6

turbocad6 iS VIP iS VIP

brooklyn, ny
    Garages:
    OK, so how many other guys here, if they didn't have ANY internet connection for like a WHOLE day, would get WAY more real work done in that day than they normally do in a whole week? anyone?

now if I could get paid for playing around on internet forums I'd be one happy camper. wait a minute... maybe I do still get paid even if I play on the net all day, but I guess I could make & do a whole lot more if I didn't :)

lately, I feel like a junky... I think I've got to rig up my connection to at least go down for a few hours a day, maybe then I'd get so much more actually done:wub:

anyone else? I don't want to be the only one that needs IA :p

*Registered members do not see this ad, register today!

2. Psiclne

Psiclne Guest

I dont access the Internet at work at all.....but we do have a IM system that allows me to talk to other employees and thats what I used to do all day. I would just IM all day long. Just recently they installed a system that records screen shots so I dont even access the IM system anymore, cuz its supposed to be used for work related stuff. It totally sucks now that they have actual video of what were doin....

But to answer the question - I made sure I did the same amount of work when I lost the IM capability.....F*ck big brother. :aetsch::bootyshake::1mad:

3. jc'sfx

jc'sfx Premium Member Premium

My new job actually encourages us to go on the net for the sake of our sanity. Since there's not much to do on a non payroll week, they tell us to bring a book or anything to entertain ourselves.

4. da mayor

da mayor Member

well im the internet manager but yeah i need to get all the work done around too

5. john

john Member

A large portion of my job is doing research for my customers, so I am surfing most every day for a significant part of the day.

6. Dr.2K

Dr.2K iS Doctor on Duty iS VIP

Santa Clarita, CA
    2005 FX45
    Garages:
    Good thing I'm the boss or I probably would have been fired a LONG time ago =)

7. brown_fv

brown_fv Premium Member Premium

I can just imagine how much better i would be doing in school if i was studying instead of playing around and being a forum junkie LOL

8. JAB1

JAB1 Member

haha, I like that dr2k, im the same, prob would have been fired if not the boss. btw, im the only one I allow non work internet access, I know from personal experience what would happen if all my employees could surf all day!!:rofl:

9. OP
    OP
    turbocad6

turbocad6 iS VIP iS VIP

brooklyn, ny
    Garages:
    yeah, see that's me too, I'm the boss & no one can tell me what I can & can't do, no one yells at me when I don't do what I'm supposed to do, & for the most part of course I do all the things I should or "need" to do obviously, but sometimes I like to look at it as if I had a boss, & to tell you the truth, if I did have a boss, I'm screwing him royally:rolleyes: but, now since I AM the boss, I guess sometimes I may feel like I'm screwing myself then:p

I'm kind of a workaholic, to me any waking hour that is not being used to be productive is a wasted hour, I rarely watch TV because to me for the most part that is just a waste of time... I think I even take on & make extra projects just to be building something or so I feel like I'm being productive, but lately I think I'm just a bit lax, & spend more & more time just chilling on the net, socializing with unknown people & just killing time. as much as I enjoy it, part of me feels guilty for it too, I mean is it really being productive? I used to spend a few hours a day on mp3car & that was it, but now that I got my fx I'm all over the place, still modding on mp3car, & now like 3 or 4 more forums for the fx:wub:... I feel like a big slacker:biggrin:, enjoying it, but maybe feeling a bit guilty about it too:p at least I know I'm not entirely alone;)

10. pmanliu

pmanliu iS VIP iS VIP

NYC
    2017 WRX
    Garages:
    bump

finance midterm tomorrow and just sitting here killing time on iS!

on a sidenote, one of my professors today caught me surfing iS on laptop instead of typing notes. At first he was mad that i wasnt paying attention, but then weirded out when he asked what site am i looking at and i said "a car forum" :.smile:

11. OP
    OP
    turbocad6

turbocad6 iS VIP iS VIP

brooklyn, ny
    Garages:
    haha, dude, put the computer away & study man!

12. jbaker1121

jbaker1121 Im in touch with humanity iS VIP

Westchester, New York
    09 FX50
    Garages:
    40-60% of my day involves using my computer

13. tchuck

tchuck iS VIP iS VIP

Portland, OR
    Garages:
    Back when I worked for the man it was awesome. I'd surf the net anytime I didn't have to meet a deadline and got paid for it. "Stickin it to the man" was the best! Now when I stick it to the man I'm really sticking it to myself, so it's way less gratifying. :frown:

14. I got in trouble for being on non business related site at work. I was told it was against company policy to be even on 1 minute...I told my boss that everyone better get in trouble cause whether you're on there checking the weather or the sports or your checking balance, you're breaking the rules....Yes even you John MFn Savage!!!! I hated that pr!ck....

15. MTN FX

MTN FX Mountain Man Premium

Big Bear City,Ca.
    2004 FX35 AWD
    John Green
    Garages:
    I plead the 5th :glasses:

16. StuLax18

StuLax18 Staph Moderator

Dallas, TX
    2007 FX35 RWD
    Garages:
    Internet makes me more productive, but only because I get work done so I can then mess around on the computer.

17. White_Hair

White_Hair Premium Member Premium

I can't do my job without Internet. All my customers communicate with me via email or online documentation system. And I can not live without Internet, I need to check IS everyday. ;)

18. bleedingsujit

bleedingsujit Premium Member Premium

internet at work, internet at home, internet on my phone, wifi everywhere, I am hooked on it. I do think a lot of my work would be done thoroughly and completely if I didn't have internet for a day.

19. elguapo

elguapo Member

is it bad if ur playing on the net, then u gotta go to the bathroom so u pull your phone out and continue where u left off? not saying that i've done it.... just saying:tonguey:

20. Ahhh the old sh!t n surf. I've had my leg fall asleep plenty of times doing this.:shy: