Welcome to InfinitiScene.com - Home for Infiniti QX and Q enthusiasts!
You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to the forums. Why not register on our forums and gain the extra benefits that our regular members enjoy?

• Enthusiast Owned and Operated!
  • Registraion is free.
  • You will be able to post, message, and interact with other members.
  • Our forum is full of friendly, knowledgeable members and staff.
  • Plenty of money saving opportunities from write-ups to maintenance help.
  • Create a garage and show off your ride and specs.
  • Opportunity for ad-free viewing.
  • Plus much more!

Registration is fast, free, and easy, so stop being just a guest and become one of our newly registered members today!

FX45 Intake Options

Discussion in 'FX (03-08) - Engine & Drivetrain' started by Chedman13, Aug 28, 2007.

1. Chedman13

Chedman13 iS VIP iS VIP

Illinois
    2014 Mercedes-Benz GL63 4Matic
    Garages:
    Any ideas for a FX45 intake?

I could get an adapter plate to mount to the MAF sensor and just bolt that on instead of the OEM box and throw on a cone filter.

I don't think I'd have the time to create a box to conceal it from the heat. Good/bad idea? Right now I just have OEM filter and OEM air intake.

If not I'll just cross my fingers for the Jim wolf intake.

*Registered members do not see this ad, register today!

2. Dr.2K

Dr.2K iS Doctor on Duty iS VIP

Santa Clarita, CA
    2005 FX45
    Garages:
    If LMS has stopped carrying their CAI's for the FX45 then we maybe out of luck until someone else comes up with something.

3. OP
    OP
    Chedman13

Chedman13 iS VIP iS VIP

Illinois
    Garages:
    The lean condition present with the LMS CAI prevented me from buying it. Another member was adamant about it and convinced me enough not to buy it. I'm having second thoughts of missing out on the group buy though.

4. Dr.2K

Santa Clarita, CA
    2005 FX45
    Garages:
    Ed, in reading my review I think you missed the part that said it was the combination of the CAI and TS flash. Also the model year of the FX was also mentioned. The 03-04 FX45 was safe from this lean condition (even with the TS reflash and LMS combo for these model years) because of the wider band used for the 02 sensors so there is a higher tolerance whereas in 05 this band was narrowed. But I also stated that if you have a CAI it would be safest to get a specific tune for your FX from TS when doing the reflash that accommodates the CAI.

5. OP
    OP
    Chedman13

Chedman13 iS VIP iS VIP

Illinois
    Garages:
    I got my information from another member that mentioned my 03 without the TS flash was a lean condition and he told me it was proven by the CONSULT?

Yes, I totally misread your post. Now I'm regretting missing out on the group buy for the 03 CAI. Oh well, thanks for putting that in layman terms. Looks like we have two FX45's looking for LMS intakes now=)

6. Dr.2K

Santa Clarita, CA
    2005 FX45
    Garages:
    Well good luck in finding one. I'm sure one will show up somewhere.

7. da mayor

da mayor Member

dont worry im in the same put-- i want to put an intake on the FX45 2007 but nothing is out there.

8. fourfifth

fourfifth Member

Boston, MA
    2009 infiniti fx35
    Garages:
    Sorry that I grabbed the last one fellas.

9. OP
    OP
    Chedman13

Chedman13 iS VIP iS VIP

Illinois
    Garages:
    http://www.weapon-r.com/english/index.php?main_page=page_2

WEAPON*R COMPETITION PRODUCTS:
    180 SYLVESTER ST.
    SOUTH SAN FRANCISCO, CA 4080

Anyone live near here? They can make custom intakes and once they have the dimensions, they should be able to duplicate it. If someone is near by they can take exact measurements and test fitting vs sending out pictures w/ measurements.

Any volunteers?

10. Dr.2K

Santa Clarita, CA
    2005 FX45
    Garages:
    Someone with a 45 volunteer.

11. fxlr8

fxlr8 Staff Administrator

California
    None
    Garages:
    what about your air sensor?

12. OP
    OP
    Chedman13

Chedman13 iS VIP iS VIP

Illinois
    Garages:
    I was thinking of a simple solution, kind of like the Z-tube for the FX35.

Straighten out the air flow and add a cone to the end, that shouldn't cost much. They also have "ram air" kits where it seals the cone filter and you can directly put the tubing down to the air inlet. Just a thought.

The Air Sensor, I'm sure they can easily create one if they don't have one already to fit our MAF Sensor. They have several MAF sensors, one being nissan. I have no idea if it's the same. Either way, I have no issues re-using my MAF Sensor tube and just adding aluminum tubing the straighten out the flow.

There has to be a FX45 in the area! I'm sure it'll take them under an hour to get the measurements they need... Straighten out the tube from the throttle plate to MAF Sensor w/ holes/nipples for stock tubing, MAF Adapter plate and maybe a split into a Y to do a dual intake, one towards the ram air and the other pointed downward?=)

13. Dr.2K

Santa Clarita, CA
    2005 FX45
    Garages:
    The LMS MAF sensor location on the intake was a bit close to the cone. If someone does this make sure the sensor location is identical to the oem intake.

14. OP
    OP
    Chedman13

Chedman13 iS VIP iS VIP

Illinois
    Garages:
    99-04 Nissan Frontier 3.3L V6 Heat Shield Intake R
    Chrome finish 3.5"" pipinghttp://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AVRI&viewitem=&item=200152173631&rd=1

Maybe we can modify this?

15. OP
    OP
    Chedman13

Chedman13 iS VIP iS VIP

Illinois
    Garages:
  16. Dr.2K

Santa Clarita, CA
    2005 FX45
    Garages:
    Doubtful. Looks to big and too short. I don't think the heatsheild will work either.

17. Psiclne

Psiclne Guest

18. Dr.2K

Santa Clarita, CA
    2005 FX45
    Garages:
    That's for an 06 Will, Ed's looking for an 03 version. But someone with an 06 should pick this up in a hurry!

19. Psiclne

Psiclne Guest

Opps - sorry. I remembered someone looking for one - just didnt recall the year and I was in a hurry to post it so someone can jump on it. :shame:

20. OP
    OP
    Chedman13

Chedman13 iS VIP iS VIP

Illinois
    Garages:
    No worries, thanks for the heads up. I think someone from Korea was looking for one? Was it RiceFX?