Welcome to InfinitiScene.com - Home for Infiniti QX and Q enthusiasts!
You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to the forums. Why not register on our forums and gain the extra benefits that our regular members enjoy?

• Enthusiast Owned and Operated!
  • Registraion is free.
  • You will be able to post, message, and interact with other members.
  • Our forum is full of friendly, knowledgeable members and staff.
  • Plenty of money saving opportunities from write-ups to maintenance help.
  • Create a garage and show off your ride and specs.
  • Opportunity for ad-free viewing.
  • Plus much more!

Registration is fast, free, and easy, so stop being just a guest and become one of our newly registered members today!

FX35 Installed - Fast Intentions Resonated Test Pipes

Discussion in 'FX (03-08) - Engine & Drivetrain' started by brown_fv, Jan 18, 2008.

1. brown_fv

brown_fv Premium Member Premium

I picked up my test pipes from UPS on tuesday and got around to having them installed yesterday afternoon. there were NO fitment issues and everything bolted up right away.

i have taken my FX to the same mechanic for my past few mods (pulley, brakes, now testpipes) they literally wanted to close up shop so they could all go for a test drive :cool:.

first impressions when i left (i guess they were still breaking in) noticeably louder even with the windows down but nothing ricey. i couldn't hear any rasp at all when accelerating. when waiting at stop signs i could smell something out of the ordinary but it was only a few KM so far so everything was still probably sealing and the excess oil burning off and stuff. i could already feel a slight power difference even on local roads. then i got on the highway to get home...what a difference in the mid to top end. before i knew it i was 70 km/h over the speed limit and had to slow down :wub:. When cruising around at 100-120 km/h (60-75 mph) the drone from the exhaust is a little more, but with the music on low you cant hear it.

BTW, when i did leave i didnt throw any codes, but when i was driving around at night my check engine light came on. when i was at the shop they said only once they got a check engine light on a G, but other than that theyve never got one. i will be heading back today to check it out and remove the code.

Overall impressions i am impressed with the product. especially driving through neighbourhood communities i can instantly tell is louder (echos and stuff) but i like them. i cant imagine how much louder it will get with a nismo exhaust and possibly headers but i guess i will find out sooner or later ;)

i will also update about the smell after the break in, butt dyno, check engine light, etc...

Last edited: Feb 3, 2008

*Registered members do not see this ad, register today!

2. Dr.2K

Dr.2K iS Doctor on Duty iS VIP

Car:
    2005 FX45
    Garages:
    Congrats on finally receiving the pipes brown =) Enjoy!

3. OP
    OP
    brown_fv

Took it for a spin today to get groceries...this baby is LOUD. this is how i imagined it to be with the nismo exhaust, once i get that it will be a riot. the smell is still there but not as bad as before, i guess after putting on 150km most of the excess oil has burnt off. there is a DEFINITE power increase throughout most of the RPM. i have not felt any losses down low.

CEL is still on, i called the shop and my mechanic said that the slot (O2 bung i believe) for the O2 sensor was a little short which is probably why it threw a code. either way i will be going back early next week to check the code/clear it. i will also get in contact with FI to ask them about this. the CEL is not something i really care about though.

the sound is really beautiful, when i floor it from 5th to 3rd there is some rasp but it goes away quickly. i will definatly create a few sound clips either tonight or when i get back from my friends birthday roadtrip on sunday.

Its loud, it smells, its fast...i love it

4. Psiclne

Psiclne Guest

Congrats brown - cant wait for the sound clips.......

5. Frankiago

Frankiago Evo Troll Premium

You need spark plug non-foulers to clear the CEL for good.

6. HumbertoCALI

HumbertoCALI Premium Member Premium

Car:
    2003 FX45 AWD
    Garages:
    Congrats Brown.. Can't wait to hear the sound clips..

7. OP
    OP
    brown_fv

Sorry Cube, i dont really know what you mean:frown: can you clarify by any chance?:cool:

BTW, sound clip soon time for you guys!

8. BIGTURK

BIGTURK Premium Member Premium

Congrats, like the rest, I'll be waiting for the sound clip :).

9. Keemo

Keemo Premium Member Premium

Hey!!! Congrats on the new pipes man!

Can't wait to hear the clips.:LOL:

10. OP
    OP
    brown_fv

Sorry guys, clips might be a few more days because we got some snow here =(
    i have one inside my garage but garage clips always sound really good lol. ill try to get some outdoor clips when the weather gets a bit better.

11. Keemo

SOUNDS CLIPS!!!!;):biggrin:

I wana hear those bad boys.

12. OP
    OP
    brown_fv

Damn, i feel guilty for not updating. i promise by tonight there will be at least one vid lol

13. Psiclne

Psiclne Guest

Tonight???? Your gonna miss the Superbowl to make sound clips for us?:eek:

14. OP
    OP
    brown_fv

Alright heres one clip. was uploading during the opening kick off

Fast Intentions Res. Test Pipes video by fvisram - Photobucket@@AMEPARAM@@http://vid185.photobucket.com/player.swf?file=http://vid185.photobucket.com/albums/x316/fvisram/garagerev.flv@@AMEPARAM@@vid185@@AMEPARAM@@185@@AMEPARAM@@x316/fvisram/garagerev

a lot louder and deeper. only revved till around 4500ish RPM. next time ill take a WOT clip.

BTW, i still have my CEL on and i have to go for an oil change next week. will the stealerships give me a hard time?

Last edited: Feb 3, 2008
  15. Keemo

Wicked.

Very throaty and deep! And sounds like what ever is in her throat would be coughed up very easy! ;) Lots of air moving through there.

Sounds really good! Thanks for posting.

16. robb<35>

robb<35> Member

that sounds pretty good, i think i might do that to my mod list this year, so all you installed were the test pipes ? how much did it run you with for parts and installation?

17. gto

gto Track Ready Moderator

Car:
    05 FX35 RWD
    Garages:
    That sounds pretty mean!
    That's gonna be crazy loud once the nismo goes on there

18. Dr.2K

Car:
    2005 FX45
    Garages:
    Comon b you gotta do better then that! I could hardly hear it:err:. Put up some clips under load so we can hear what it really sounds like! :cool:

19. OP
    OP
    brown_fv

haha alright Doc, ill take some more clips. i just need to find my tripod or get one of my buddies to stand outside in the cold lol

20. Dr.2K

Car:
    2005 FX45
    Garages:
    Do it!!! Hahaha. It sounds too tame in the garage and I'm sure it sounds a lot more aggressive when under load. Have your friend get frost bite while you have some fun...after all what are friends for hahahaha!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.