Welcome to InfinitiScene.com - Home for Infiniti QX and Q enthusiasts!
You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to the forums. Why not register on our forums and gain the extra benefits that our regular members enjoy?

• Enthusiast Owned and Operated!
  • Registraion is free.
  • You will be able to post, message, and interact with other members.
  • Our forum is full of friendly, knowledgeable members and staff.
  • Plenty of money saving opportunities from write-ups to maintenance help.
  • Create a garage and show off your ride and specs.
  • Opportunity for ad-free viewing.
  • Plus much more!

Registration is fast, free, and easy, so stop being just a guest and become one of our newly registered members today!

FX35 Installed - Fast Intentions Resonated Test Pipes

Discussion in 'FX (03-08) - Engine & Drivetrain' started by brown_fv, Jan 18, 2008.

1. brown_fv

brown_fv Premium Member Premium

I picked up my test pipes from UPS on tuesday and got around to having them installed yesterday afternoon. there were NO fitment issues and everything bolted up right away.

i have taken my FX to the same mechanic for my past few mods (pulley, brakes, now testpipes) they literally wanted to close up shop so they could all go for a test drive :cool:.

first impressions when i left (i guess they were still breaking in) noticeably louder even with the windows down but nothing ricey. i couldn't hear any rasp at all when accelerating. when waiting at stop signs i could smell something out of the ordinary but it was only a few KM so far so everything was still probably sealing and the excess oil burning off and stuff. i could already feel a slight power difference even on local roads. then i got on the highway to get home...what a difference in the mid to top end. before i knew it i was 70 km/h over the speed limit and had to slow down :wub:. When cruising around at 100-120 km/h (60-75 mph) the drone from the exhaust is a little more, but with the music on low you cant hear it.

BTW, when i did leave i didnt throw any codes, but when i was driving around at night my check engine light came on. when i was at the shop they said only once they got a check engine light on a G, but other than that theyve never got one. i will be heading back today to check it out and remove the code.

Overall impressions i am impressed with the product. especially driving through neighbourhood communities i can instantly tell is louder (echos and stuff) but i like them. i cant imagine how much louder it will get with a nismo exhaust and possibly headers but i guess i will find out sooner or later ;)

i will also update about the smell after the break in, butt dyno, check engine light, etc...

Last edited: Feb 3, 2008

*Registered members do not see this ad, register today!

2. Dr.2K

Dr.2K iS Doctor on Duty iS VIP

Santa Clarita, CA
    2005 FX45
    Garages:
    Congrats on finally receiving the pipes brown =) Enjoy!

3. OP
    OP
    brown_fv

Took it for a spin today to get groceries...this baby is LOUD. this is how i imagined it to be with the nismo exhaust, once i get that it will be a riot. the smell is still there but not as bad as before, i guess after putting on 150km most of the excess oil has burnt off. there is a DEFINITE power increase throughout most of the RPM. i have not felt any losses down low.

CEL is still on, i called the shop and my mechanic said that the slot (O2 bung i believe) for the O2 sensor was a little short which is probably why it threw a code. either way i will be going back early next week to check the code/clear it. i will also get in contact with FI to ask them about this. the CEL is not something i really care about though.

the sound is really beautiful, when i floor it from 5th to 3rd there is some rasp but it goes away quickly. i will definatly create a few sound clips either tonight or when i get back from my friends birthday roadtrip on sunday.

Its loud, it smells, its fast...i love it

4. Psiclne

Psiclne Guest

Congrats brown - cant wait for the sound clips.......

5. Frankiago

Frankiago Evo Troll Premium

IL
    You need spark plug non-foulers to clear the CEL for good.

6. HumbertoCALI

HumbertoCALI Premium Member Premium

South Gate, CA
    2003 FX45 AWD
    Garages:
    Congrats Brown.. Can't wait to hear the sound clips..

7. OP
    OP
    brown_fv

Sorry Cube, i dont really know what you mean:frown: can you clarify by any chance?:cool:

BTW, sound clip soon time for you guys!

8. BIGTURK

BIGTURK Premium Member Premium

Congrats, like the rest, I'll be waiting for the sound clip :).

9. Keemo

Keemo Premium Member Premium

Hey!!! Congrats on the new pipes man!

Can't wait to hear the clips.:LOL:

10. OP
    OP
    brown_fv

Sorry guys, clips might be a few more days because we got some snow here =(
    i have one inside my garage but garage clips always sound really good lol. ill try to get some outdoor clips when the weather gets a bit better.

11. Keemo

SOUNDS CLIPS!!!!;):biggrin:

I wana hear those bad boys.

12. OP
    OP
    brown_fv

Damn, i feel guilty for not updating. i promise by tonight there will be at least one vid lol

13. Psiclne

Psiclne Guest

Tonight???? Your gonna miss the Superbowl to make sound clips for us?:eek:

14. OP
    OP
    brown_fv

Alright heres one clip. was uploading during the opening kick off

Fast Intentions Res. Test Pipes video by fvisram - Photobucket@@AMEPARAM@@http://vid185.photobucket.com/player.swf?file=http://vid185.photobucket.com/albums/x316/fvisram/garagerev.flv@@AMEPARAM@@vid185@@AMEPARAM@@185@@AMEPARAM@@x316/fvisram/garagerev

a lot louder and deeper. only revved till around 4500ish RPM. next time ill take a WOT clip.

BTW, i still have my CEL on and i have to go for an oil change next week. will the stealerships give me a hard time?

Last edited: Feb 3, 2008
  15. Keemo

Wicked.

Very throaty and deep! And sounds like what ever is in her throat would be coughed up very easy! ;) Lots of air moving through there.

Sounds really good! Thanks for posting.

16. that sounds pretty good, i think i might do that to my mod list this year, so all you installed were the test pipes ? how much did it run you with for parts and installation?

17. gto

gto Track Ready Moderator

Los Angeles, CA
    05 FX35 RWD
    Garages:
    That sounds pretty mean!
    That's gonna be crazy loud once the nismo goes on there

18. Dr.2K

Santa Clarita, CA
    2005 FX45
    Garages:
    Comon b you gotta do better then that! I could hardly hear it:err:. Put up some clips under load so we can hear what it really sounds like! :cool:

19. OP
    OP
    brown_fv

haha alright Doc, ill take some more clips. i just need to find my tripod or get one of my buddies to stand outside in the cold lol

20. Dr.2K

Santa Clarita, CA
    2005 FX45
    Garages:
    Do it!!! Hahaha. It sounds too tame in the garage and I'm sure it sounds a lot more aggressive when under load. Have your friend get frost bite while you have some fun...after all what are friends for hahahaha!