Welcome to InfinitiScene.com - Home for Infiniti QX and Q enthusiasts!
You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to the forums. Why not register on our forums and gain the extra benefits that our regular members enjoy?

• Enthusiast Owned and Operated!
  • Registraion is free.
  • You will be able to post, message, and interact with other members.
  • Our forum is full of friendly, knowledgeable members and staff.
  • Plenty of money saving opportunities from write-ups to maintenance help.
  • Create a garage and show off your ride and specs.
  • Opportunity for ad-free viewing.
  • Plus much more!

Registration is fast, free, and easy, so stop being just a guest and become one of our newly registered members today!

Infiniti FX Lowering Springs

Discussion in 'FX (03-08) - Wheels & Suspension' started by rookie, Jul 13, 2007.

1. rookie

rookie Premium Member Premium

Lowering springs on the market that are compatible. Do not worry about AWD/RWD specs from some websites, the springs are compatible no matter the drivetrain type or engine type.

H&R Part number 53043 Front drop 1.3" Rear drop 1.2"
    Eibach part number 6366.540 Front drop 1.2" Rear drop 1.2"
    Intrax part number 60.1.075 Front drop 1.8" Rear drop 1.8"

Stillen H&R link http://www.stillen.com/product.asp?id=HRSPRT01&c=SU
    Stillen Eibach link http://www.stillen.com/product.asp?id=EIBPROKT01&c=SU

Everything Infiniti H&R link http://www.trademotion.com/partloca...rtInfo&PartID=437226&siteid=55&catalogid=3323
    Everything Infiniti Eibach link http://www.trademotion.com/partloca...rtInfo&PartID=437146&siteid=55&catalogid=3323

TireRack H&R link http://www.tirerack.com/suspension/...2005&autoModClar=AWD&partNum=53043&perfCode=S
    TireRack Eibach link http://www.tirerack.com/suspension/...5&autoModClar=AWD&partNum=6366.140&perfCode=S

I have only seen the Intrax once on an ebay auction, have never actively searched for it. There are more Eibach owners than H&R owners, I have tried both and feel the H&R is a better spring for the average driver. I can see how the slightly stiffer ride from the Eibachs can compliment a sport minded driver but the H&Rs perform great as well.

We've had issues in the past with the correct part number for the H&R set up. The Nissan Murano shares a close suspension configuration and some have been sent the wrong springs in the past. Murano part number is 53047, if your box has this number do not install.

For someone concerned with ride quality I recommend the H&R's over the Eibachs.
    hr_01.jpg
    hr_02.jpg
    hr_03.jpg
    hr_04.jpg

Attached Files:

*Registered members do not see this ad, register today!

2. im not to familiar with the stock shocks but is it true for the fx that they need to be changed out later?

3. OP
    OP
    rookie

We have nothing off the shelf available as far as aftermarket replacements. The stock front strut seems pretty robust, I was able to blow out a rear shock from drag racing.

Lowering your FX will not kill your shocks/struts. Some have gone 50k+ miles lowered on the oem shocks/struts without complaints.

4. thats good to know. After lowering does it tend to ride a little bit rough or bouncy?

5. OP
    OP
    rookie

The Eibach rides a little stiffer, The H&R seems to ride the same if not a little smoother.

There are a few lowered FXers around town so if and when you're ready I'm sure someone would let you feel the difference. I drove to a show on my cut H&R fronts, shaved rubber bumps top rear, on 305/35-22s. Dropped it off and was picked up in a stock non sport 18" FX and I'm 95% certain my FX rode smoother. Tires have an impact as well.

F1FX is around town on the H&Rs uncut on 22s, I'm sure he'd give you a ride. And he's Stillen supercharged too. :eek:

6. nice, thanks for the info, i'll keep that in mind, supercharged sounds fun.

7. Deecarp

Deecarp Premium Member Premium

Bay Area
    QX60 AWD
    Darryl
    I can atess to the ride quality of te H&R springs. I originally thought I had the wrong spring because the ride qualitywas better than my stock set-up. I was expecting the ride to be stiff, and handling is great. The stance and look of the ride is even better than I would have hoped. H&R has done well for me...

8. HumbertoCALI

HumbertoCALI Premium Member Premium

South Gate, CA
    2003 FX45 AWD
    Garages:
    I bought of set of Eibach Springs from Lebron23 about 2 months ago.

His set came moded and the front springs were cut by half a coil.

It was a tough job to install but overall I am happy with the ride.

9. Chedman13

Chedman13 iS VIP iS VIP

Illinois
    2014 Mercedes-Benz GL63 4Matic
    Garages:
    I only tried H&R and couldn't be more happy. Ride is improved on decent roads, but pot holes etc... it is more firm and you do feel it more. Nothing to complain about.

This was one of my favorite mods as it was a night/day improvement on handling and comfort for the better (not to mention it looks great). I highly suggest lowering springs.

10. Psiclne

Psiclne Guest

I have the Eibachs now - and theyre fine - but I would like more of a drop. Has anyone tried the Intrax? I found some on SummitRacing.com for $220. 1.8 drop might be what I'm looking for opposed to the 1.2 from the Eibachs.

11. OP
    OP
    rookie

I don't recall anyone ever getting a hold of the Intrax springs. You would be a first, if Summit says they have it or can deliver I'm sure it's for real. 1.8" would be like how some of the 45s seem to sag down to. ;)

12. Mongolian

Mongolian Premium Member Premium

I bought my wife a Mazda 3 hatchback fully loaded yesterday (it's actually pretty nice). Soooo, looks like i'm going to be lowering the fx very very soon. The main concern I had with lower this car is camber. I believe you can fix the toe through alignment, but can the camber be brought back to factory specs after lowering?? I'm thinking about H&R. I do not want to purchase any after market camber kits. I would like to be informed about whether simple alignment would fix negative camber. Thanks!

13. OP
    OP
    rookie

Congrats on the car for the wife, and congrats to you on the FX. ;)

With my original eibachs I was able to be in spec, once I lowered it a lot I couldn't get the camber in spec while still having the correct toe. If given more toe adjustment you should be able to get the camber in spec as well.

The toe adjustment option we have is a solid solution. Wider range of correction using the stock positions, just a higher degree washer in place. Camber will be the same deal except nothing is off the shelf since our sub-frame thickness at the camber point is about 1/2" thicker than the G/Zs. I'm working on this now, should have the longer bolts back next week from the machine shop and installed next weekend or so. FX Rear toe and camber kits. - InfinitiScene.com

14. Mongolian

Mongolian Premium Member Premium

Any idea if I will have both the toe and camber in spec with H&R. Last thing I want is my wife bitching... :wub:

15. OP
    OP
    rookie

I always had my alignments done at wheel warehouse in Anaheim, H&R rears are close to if not the same as the Eibach rear so I don't see any issue for the rear. Fronts didn't ever really seem that cambered.

16. Chedman13

Chedman13 iS VIP iS VIP

Illinois
    2014 Mercedes-Benz GL63 4Matic
    Garages:
    Ha, I know what you mean. I been waiting for my springs to settle before I get an alignment. That reminds me... it's been over three months and I still haven't gotten an alignment. No uneven wear on the tires yet, but I should go get that done this week.

My wife didn't even notice the lowered height or difference in ride. She just shakes her head every time she sees me leave to the garage with my toolbox...

17. mtbfx

mtbfx Member

monterey park
    Garages:
    how will the eibachs compare to my nonsport 03 stock springs ridewise? also, my +15 offset resulted to about an inch gap between my front tires and the inner well on a full turn. am i still able to use any of these springs?

18. OP
    OP
    rookie

I would honestly try the H&Rs if ride quality is a concern. Your wheel clearance on the inner liner shouldn't be an issue. It will camber slightly once lowered, but nothing way out of spec.

19. da mayor

da mayor Member

should i be the test dummy for intrax springs? they weren't bad when i had intrax springs on my honda years back.

20. OP
    OP
    rookie

Give it a shot Kenny. Pics pics pics!