Welcome to InfinitiScene.com - Home for Infiniti QX and Q enthusiasts!
You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to the forums. Why not register on our forums and gain the extra benefits that our regular members enjoy?

• Enthusiast Owned and Operated!
  • Registraion is free.
  • You will be able to post, message, and interact with other members.
  • Our forum is full of friendly, knowledgeable members and staff.
  • Plenty of money saving opportunities from write-ups to maintenance help.
  • Create a garage and show off your ride and specs.
  • Opportunity for ad-free viewing.
  • Plus much more!

Registration is fast, free, and easy, so stop being just a guest and become one of our newly registered members today!

Infiniti FX FX35 FX45 Aftermarket In-Dash Aftermarket Navigation System

Discussion in 'FX (03-08) - Electronics & Lighting' started by umoms, Dec 7, 2007.

1. umoms

umoms Member

Has anyone found a nice In-Dash Aftermarket GPS Navigation System that looks nice in the FX? If so do you have pictures or can someone recommend a good one?
    Thanks!

Last edited: Dec 7, 2007

*Registered members do not see this ad, register today!

2. OP
    OP
    umoms

umoms Member

I like your setup but did your FX already have NAV?
    Mine doesnt and I was wondering if I buy the same stuff will it work the same way?
    Like can I get the dual monitor where I get NAV on the Original Screen and the pop out screen?

3. Dr.2K

Dr.2K iS Doctor on Duty iS VIP

Santa Clarita, CA
    2005 FX45
    Garages:
    Hi and welcome to the scene. Let me try and answer your questions as that is a link to my current system configuration. If you want a dual monitor setup and you don't have the factory Nav then your factory lcd screen is not color. So even if you buy an aftermarket nav system with another lcd screen the nav will only show on the new lcd screen and NOT on the factory screen. You can replace an aftermarket color lcd screen where the factory screen currently sits but you will have to find a place in the FX to relocate the factory screen as that still controls your a/c and climate.

The best option for you would be to get a tom tom or garmin if cost is a factor. But if it isn't then a separate lcd monitor with navigation will work great especially one with touch screen as it is the easiest to use. There are many out there i.e., alpine pioneer eclipse, etc... Good luck!

4. You can replace the OEM monitor in the sunglasses place thanyou can fix a navi box with an aftermarket ,rgb or rca,monitor intothe monitor place . In few days I will do that with a VDO monitor...

5. EG3

EG3 Premium Member Premium

I believe on 06+ the screen is color even if there's no nav? If his is 06+, he can just get the Garmin GVN 52 and use the oem color screen.. Below is a thread at the org
    http://www.i..nfinitifx.org/viewtopic.php?f..,=5&t=12742&hilit=garmin

If his FX is 05 below then no color screen I believe w/o nav..

6. vpatel360

vpatel360 Member

NJ
    2005 fx35 awd
    Vivek
    whats the average cost for swapping in a navi