Welcome to InfinitiScene.com - Home for Infiniti QX and Q enthusiasts!
You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to the forums. Why not register on our forums and gain the extra benefits that our regular members enjoy?

• Enthusiast Owned and Operated!
  • Registraion is free.
  • You will be able to post, message, and interact with other members.
  • Our forum is full of friendly, knowledgeable members and staff.
  • Plenty of money saving opportunities from write-ups to maintenance help.
  • Create a garage and show off your ride and specs.
  • Opportunity for ad-free viewing.
  • Plus much more!

Registration is fast, free, and easy, so stop being just a guest and become one of our newly registered members today!

[OT] In a G35 loaner

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by gto, Jan 15, 2008.

1. gto

gto Track Ready Moderator

Los Angeles, CA
    05 FX35 RWD
    Garages:
    In service this week. Light recall & window moulding replacement.
    So I'm scootin aroung in a '07 G. It's OK for the most part. Very quick, but chassis has a hard time dealing with the power. VDC way over-sensitive, & with it off, the rear is so squirly, it want to break loose all the time. No real happy medium. engine isnt all that silky smooth either, & fit & finish is better in the X. Just feels lower quality. I miss my X.
    Were also in the market for a new sedan, well my Mom is, so I wanted the G to check it out.
    Then I went & tested an IS350 auto sport. No comparison. The Lex blows it away in quality build, & I was able to auto cross it in an empy lot. The dynamics and handling are awesome. the engine is way more refined, & the tranny is perfect. Interior is a so much more upscale too. I'm voting for the Lex.

*Registered members do not see this ad, register today!

2. trainerKEN

trainerKEN iS VIP iS VIP

I had G35 loaner as well when they kept my FX for a week for the window trimming replacement, and I have to agree... it was okay for a few days, but the last couple days... I was really looking forward to gettin' my FX back. I've never driven an IS350 before, but peeked inside them all the time in parking lots as I walk by... and I have to admit... they DO look plush and a lot more luxury.

3. brown_fv

brown_fv Premium Member Premium

With the sport package the IS350 is also almost $10,000 USD more than the G35s...its a different class vehicle by the price alone.

the only thing i really have against the new G35s(or x, xs, etc) i find it rather LARGE. this is a vehicle which is almost the same size as the 5 series, yet it is in competition against the 3 series and IS. Also, like most comparisons between German and Japanese (with the exception of lexus mostly) the finish in german cars is SO much better. a better build and better quality materials.

4. trainerKEN

trainerKEN iS VIP iS VIP

I have been inside a BMW 335 and I must admit... it was VERY nice

5. asherchy

asherchy Premium Member Premium

beemers are good lease cars... eventually they fall apart and you and your wallet do not want to own that brokedown bmw.
    i vote lexus
    air-conditioned seats... thats all im saying...

6. trainerKEN

trainerKEN iS VIP iS VIP

having free regular services is a big plus too

7. OP
    OP
    gto

Los Angeles, CA
    05 FX35 RWD
    Garages:
    So true, the AC seats while I thought to be a gimick is very neat. Felt like I wetted my pants :LOL:.
    If only the IS came in a manual, that would be the ticket. I was really won over by the level of control with the electronics. Lexus has a great combination of control at the limit. I had VDC off doing a tight turn in 2. I went round & round & the tail kicked out in such a controlled manner, but just wouldnt break loose. While you do lose some amount of control even with VDC off, the system is still in place with just the right amount of intervention, thst you end up with a very safe secured ride, yet really fun to drive.
    As far as pricing, it's not a 10K diff. We priced them out with Fleet sales, & it's more like 3-4K. Another diff is Lexus does not offer competitive 2.9 financing, so over the life of the loan, it's gonna be a few more grand to top. But in this situation, cost is not a factor in the buying decision. They're both in somewhat the same range.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2008
  8. asherchy

asherchy Premium Member Premium

i thought that was just me

9. Psiclne

Psiclne Guest

I wouldnt say free...but its paid for up front

10. sgvxcheese

sgvxcheese Member

Southern California
    infiniti fx 35
    ey speaking of window recall...

lately my passenger window is acting up. everytime i roll down the window it makes a big squeaking noise, are you guys getting that? I'm not sure if it's just me or not. Am thinking of bringing it into infiniti to check it out. let me know wat u guys think

11. Squeeky Window Reply

Hey, regarding your window problem...the dealer might charge you...and you might get a loaner and miss your FX:)

Seriously, there is a lubricant spray sold at Pep boys, I used it....it got rid off the squeeky window problem.

Once you buy it, roll down the window that squeeks, putt edging/painters tape around all surfaces where window meets the door. Then roll it back up and that should fix the problem...

Take care.

12. OP
    OP
    gto

Los Angeles, CA
    05 FX35 RWD
    Garages:
    Just thought I'd update.
    I'm actually still in G. Light recall, huge gap on one side under headlight, WTF? "fix it!" Then on the windows, first they replaced just the top mouldings, & those of you that know my fav words, "Do it Again!", Then they replaced the rear bottoms only, & I'm like WTF?!?!, doesnt match the front, "Do it Again!". Now the parts on on order til next week. I'll hopefully pick it up on the 3rd visit. BTW, they also have 56 loaner trucks.
    Bright side of things, the SA is fantastic. He's like, "keep our loaner, & enjoy the rev limiter", & I say "Drive the loaner like a loaner should be driven" He smiles.

So here I am, finally in sync with my G. I dont take back what I said about the fit/finish, but I found the touch that makes this car work. It is just stellar on the road & Great in the rain. Traction control works just perfect. Some of my adventures included some circles in an empty lot, & torque braked this bad boy for some serious burnouts. It's a good little car. My folks ended up getting an IS350 sport, just loaded to the max. It's real nice, beyond the slightly anemic styling & luxury shifts. I think it's good for them. In the end, my verdict is, while the Lex is more lux, The G's got a bit more soul.

13. BTLFED

BTLFED Member

Woodstock GA
    2006 FX35 AWD
    I've taken one of our QX56 loaners on more than one occasion lol:wub:

Haven't gotten to take an 07 G yet though. :frown:

14. JAB1

JAB1 Member

I had an 07 g35x for a few days last week. I loved it, I enjoyed how easy the rear kicked out, made for some fun, definately got me craving a sports car. Ive been eying the is350 as well, but heard it doesnt quite have the power to make it worth while, never driven one though.

15. OP
    OP
    gto

Los Angeles, CA
    05 FX35 RWD
    Garages:
    Gave back the G today. She will be missed for some reasons. Speed :p
    I got into the FX. I felt high up, & I'm lowered, WTF. & heavy. I'm like, what a slug, & with such luxury shifts but it sounds much nicer & powerplant oh so smooth.
    BTW, the mouldings . . back in black baby :cool: & Like a pair of old sneakers :biggrin:

Overall, great experience from Inf. Samo. SA, John Henderson.