Welcome to InfinitiScene.com - Home for Infiniti QX and Q enthusiasts!
You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to the forums. Why not register on our forums and gain the extra benefits that our regular members enjoy?

• Enthusiast Owned and Operated!
  • Registraion is free.
  • You will be able to post, message, and interact with other members.
  • Our forum is full of friendly, knowledgeable members and staff.
  • Plenty of money saving opportunities from write-ups to maintenance help.
  • Create a garage and show off your ride and specs.
  • Opportunity for ad-free viewing.
  • Plus much more!

Registration is fast, free, and easy, so stop being just a guest and become one of our newly registered members today!

[OT] I can't take it

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Frankiago, Jul 21, 2007.

1. Frankiago

Frankiago Evo Troll Premium

IL
    The FX has a built motor with now about 300 miles or so of break in. My plan is about 75% set towards going twin turbo and SLIGHTLY beefin up the manual transmission...

Today I drove an '04 G35c alongside an '05 Nismo Z, '06 Nismo Z, '05 Z, and lastly, '90 300ZX TT with a motor swap, cleanest 300ZX I've ever seen.

I'm tired of the auto trans, and I've been dyin for a 350Z for a long time.

Now I might be coming into quite a bit of extra money every month, and could probably afford a used Z to go along with the FX. Now what I'm thinkin is a motor swap with a Z to get the FX back more stock and then gut out and throw the TT on the new built 350Z... any opinions?

*Registered members do not see this ad, register today!

2. Dr.2K

Dr.2K iS Doctor on Duty iS VIP

Santa Clarita, CA
    2005 FX45
    Garages:
    Well Cube this is gonna be a tough decision for you I see. I can understand you dilemma as I have thought about something along similar lines. But for me I come back to the fact and point that FI 350z's or other sport compact vehicles are everywhere, but to have a FI FX is something VERY different and totally unique. Thats the thing that keeps my interest. But everyone has their own wants and needs so you should do whats your heart desires. Either way you will have a great time. I am also looking to buy a weekend sport vehicle but something German related ;). In any case, let us know what you decide and you will have a great time in either direction.

3. brown_fv

brown_fv Premium Member Premium

if you really want a car with a manual trans, maybe get the 350z but keep the built motor and TT for the FX. that keeps it really unique. theres tons of F/I'd Z's but not too many FX's, even less single or twin turbo'd. that way you have two daily drivers and two weekend queens.

4. NismoKid

NismoKid Member

MA

Yup exactly what Brown said :LOL: