Welcome to InfinitiScene.com - Home for Infiniti QX and Q enthusiasts!
You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to the forums. Why not register on our forums and gain the extra benefits that our regular members enjoy?

• Enthusiast Owned and Operated!
  • Registraion is free.
  • You will be able to post, message, and interact with other members.
  • Our forum is full of friendly, knowledgeable members and staff.
  • Plenty of money saving opportunities from write-ups to maintenance help.
  • Create a garage and show off your ride and specs.
  • Opportunity for ad-free viewing.
  • Plus much more!

Registration is fast, free, and easy, so stop being just a guest and become one of our newly registered members today!

FX35 how to optimize?

Discussion in 'FX (03-08) - Engine & Drivetrain' started by muchilus, Jan 30, 2008.

1. how i can improve the exit from outset ? 1/4 performance?

*Registered members do not see this ad, register today!

2. Dr.2K

Dr.2K iS Doctor on Duty iS VIP

Santa Clarita, CA
    2005 FX45
    Garages:
    Break torquing to about 2k rpm would help at launch. Also some mods that will gain you increased low end torque would help with this as well.

3. for example? low mods?

4. gto

gto Track Ready Moderator

Los Angeles, CA
    05 FX35 RWD
    Garages:
    Brake torque'd my G this week. Got 100 foot burnouts :p

5. brown_fv

brown_fv Premium Member Premium

Advanced timing "+2" should help with your low end TQ

lighter wheels + tires for weight. the stock wheels (18s or 20s) weigh close to 40lbs each plus the tires. that will save you a lot. Forged wheels or lightweight 19s will weigh around 20-25lbs each, right off the bat thats over 60lbs shed.

If you are going to the track, take out the spare tire and tools and that will save you another 50+ lbs.

your stillen catback is kind of an over kill. 3" true dual is too much for the FX35. you will have made some horses up top, but it has really ruined the low end power. its your car but i would suggest a single exhaust no more than 3" throughout (either nismo, HKS, custom?). that will get you out of the gate a lot faster.

a set of test pipes or HFCs will unleash a fury of midrange to up top power. my fast intentions test pipes weighed around 13lbs for both i think. each of the stock cats weigh more than that (more weight savings)

after that a good tune will give you a few more ponies as well, and set everything in order.

Last edited: Jan 30, 2008
  6. Keemo

Keemo Premium Member Premium

Is brake tq'ing just givin er gas with your foot on the brake then letting the brake go. :shame::shame::shame:

Is it horrible to do to our rides.... cause it sounds fun.:p

7. bro,

where i cand find out those wheels? and how i can advance timing +2?

and looking for change if i did i want dark gun metal color.

8. don't worry about tunning my ECU for gas propane is totally programable, my tunning is excelent, i have better results with 105 octane rate of propane instead 91 octane gasoline.