Welcome to InfinitiScene.com - Home for Infiniti QX and Q enthusiasts!
You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to the forums. Why not register on our forums and gain the extra benefits that our regular members enjoy?

• Enthusiast Owned and Operated!
  • Registraion is free.
  • You will be able to post, message, and interact with other members.
  • Our forum is full of friendly, knowledgeable members and staff.
  • Plenty of money saving opportunities from write-ups to maintenance help.
  • Create a garage and show off your ride and specs.
  • Opportunity for ad-free viewing.
  • Plus much more!

Registration is fast, free, and easy, so stop being just a guest and become one of our newly registered members today!

How to install headlight clear marker?

Discussion in 'FX (03-08) - Electronics & Lighting' started by imballin2day, Jul 20, 2007.

1. imballin2day

imballin2day Member

LA
    Hey everyone.

Finally found this website and registered.

I already posted this thread on the org and was wondering if any one here can help me also.

I bought a pair of Clear markers for the headlights and have no idea how to install them. Does anybody have a step by step on how to do it or anything else to help me. I am clueless when it comes to this stuff. Thanks in advance.

*Registered members do not see this ad, register today!

2. fxlr8

fxlr8 Staff Administrator

California
    None
    Garages:
    Are the clears precut? If so, what I did was use plastic super glue that you can get at home depot or even target. It is a two step process first is the primer and then the super glue. Sand down the chrome on the location that you want to attach the clear, apply the primer on both the edges of the clear marker and the edge of the marker opening. Put the clear side marker in..... after that put a few drops of glue around the edges.

3. fxlr8

California
    None
    Garages:
    also the plastic super glue is made by loctite.

4. OP
    OP
    imballin2day

imballin2day Member

LA
    Clear Corner

Thanks for that info but I have no idea of how or what you need to take the headlights out. Is there anyone in socal that can help me out? Also would it be easy switching back to stock yellow after lease is over. Thanks

5. fxlr8

California
    None
    Garages:
    First you would need to drop the front bumper FX Front Bumper Assembly - InfinitiScene.com

Then you will take out the headlights. (couple of screws)

Last take apart the headlights Take Apart Those Headlights - InfinitiScene.com

Not sure who in your area can help you out but alot of our members are from your area. Ask around.....

6. Frankiago

Frankiago Evo Troll Premium

IL
    Absolutely not. Better get a spare.

Btw, browse around a bit and you would've found:
    Take Apart Those Headlights - InfinitiScene.com

Most of the things you'll need for DIY-style modifications or fixes will be there if not already :rolleyes:

7. Frankiago

IL
    Doh, Jeff :err:

8. OP
    OP
    imballin2day

imballin2day Member

LA
    Get a spare of what?

9. Frankiago

IL
    Spare set of headlights, since this isn't easily reversible.

10. fxlr8

California
    None
    Garages:
    Either way if you decide to trade the car in....you could always do a swap with another fxer.

11. OP
    OP
    imballin2day

imballin2day Member

LA
    You think the dealer would give me trouble?

12. N2FX

N2FX Premium Member Premium

Northridge, CA
    2006 fx35
    Garages:
    Can you take a picture of the clear lens that you purchased?

Since your FX is black, you should just use a black or tint overlay and place it over the amber area. I'd hate for you to take everything apart and have the clear lens not fit. Like Cube said, you're better off buying a spare set of headlights and play with that. However, if you got it from Randy (caskyline)... that would be a precise fit.

13. OP
    OP
    imballin2day

imballin2day Member

LA
    I bought them from FX-1004 and I think it looks right. If I did buy extra headlights I would want to buy them with blacked out housing and angel eyes on them. I guess i'll give randy a call.

14. Psiclne

Psiclne Guest

Opps - I just answered your post on the Org.
    Basically its the same process as installing Angel Eyes.
    I was thinking about buying a set also - but I did some research and didnt think the clear lenses were worth all that trouble - :err:
    Call me a lazy a$$......:LOL:

15. OP
    OP
    imballin2day

imballin2day Member

LA
    Yea you're right. If I did buy extra head lights I would go all out and do everything to them. Im gonna try to find some headlights to buy I guess.