Welcome to InfinitiScene.com - Home for Infiniti QX and Q enthusiasts!
You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to the forums. Why not register on our forums and gain the extra benefits that our regular members enjoy?

• Enthusiast Owned and Operated!
  • Registraion is free.
  • You will be able to post, message, and interact with other members.
  • Our forum is full of friendly, knowledgeable members and staff.
  • Plenty of money saving opportunities from write-ups to maintenance help.
  • Create a garage and show off your ride and specs.
  • Opportunity for ad-free viewing.
  • Plus much more!

Registration is fast, free, and easy, so stop being just a guest and become one of our newly registered members today!

How long will it take for spring to settle?

Discussion in 'FX (03-08) - Wheels & Suspension' started by Guest, Jun 5, 2007.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

Long story but I'll try to make it short as possible. Currently my baby is in the shop being painted all which stems from the free car wash. Which case it has now been two weeks since I've driven her (I call her black butter, BB). BB has had her 1/2 ISO thermal motordyn spacer put on so she can exhale when she needs to. I bought her some new shoes as well; ADR 20" Black sterlings, and some H&R springs for when she is out on the town strutting her stuff. I can say she is the first beauty on Guam to be modded to this extent thus far.

Any way my question is this, BB's springs have been on for about 6 or 7 days, her steering wheel was replaced b/c of peeling. So tomorrow the body shop will deliver my sexy girl to the dealer and they do an alignment. BB has not been driven much, b/c she's been back and forth between the dealership and BS. So how long will it normally take for springs to settle? Once I get my baby back will I need to have her re-aligned after a few weeks of driving her around or will she be good with the alignment she'll receive tomorrow? Should I still keep an eye on her camber/abnormal tire ware to be on the safe side over the next couple of weeks. Any opinion you have is welcome. I just don't want to have worry about BB getting a second alignment so soon especially when she is getting this done for free.

*Registered members do not see this ad, register today!

2. OP
    OP

Guest Guest

I think you'll be fine with this first alignment. It'll settle more but the main thing is to get the alignment done after components have been disassembled and bolted back together.

The H&Rs are great all around springs. If you were to want it a little lower, we experimented with a little cut in the front and we also shaved down the rear bumps stop to get an even drop all around. ;)

3. OP
    OP

Guest Guest

Re: (rookie)

That sounds good, well when BBand I get to Cali we'll have to trek down your way and figure something out. I'm looking forward to having my girl back later today. We're ganna take her out and let her run around the island a bit to see I can see how she feels.

4. OP
    OP

Guest Guest

When you get to Cali for sure hit us socal guys up. We're very much into modding and enjoying our rides.