Welcome to InfinitiScene.com - Home for Infiniti QX and Q enthusiasts!
You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to the forums. Why not register on our forums and gain the extra benefits that our regular members enjoy?

• Enthusiast Owned and Operated!
  • Registraion is free.
  • You will be able to post, message, and interact with other members.
  • Our forum is full of friendly, knowledgeable members and staff.
  • Plenty of money saving opportunities from write-ups to maintenance help.
  • Create a garage and show off your ride and specs.
  • Opportunity for ad-free viewing.
  • Plus much more!

Registration is fast, free, and easy, so stop being just a guest and become one of our newly registered members today!

house speakers???

Discussion in 'FX (03-08) - Electronics & Lighting' started by asherchy, Dec 16, 2007.

1. asherchy

asherchy Premium Member Premium

no, not speakers that play horrible techno... im going to be building my own home audio speaker boxes and was wondering who knows a thing or six about the speakers and wiring i should use. looking for something that looks as good as it sounds as the whole unit will be meant to be seen (no pantyhose covering).

*Registered members do not see this ad, register today!

2. Frankiago

Frankiago Evo Troll Premium

IL
    Get a Yamaha set and call it a day:
    414S6PGWMEL._SS500_.jpg

I have these and just took the covers off so you can see each cone + tweeter...

24 woofers, 6 tweeters, and 1 large, very adequate subwoofer. Looks badass too :LOL:

Attached Files:

3. Frankiago

Frankiago Evo Troll Premium

IL
    Oh and btw, it's f'in LOUD. I refuse to go anywhere near 0 db on the receiver... I'm at -35 most of the time, and put it as HIGH as -20 if I'm watching a movie and want to feel involved. It's seriously too much for my bedroom lol, but atleast I won't have to upgrade when I need to move this into a livingroom. The sound is great and it's cheap too. If you want a different look to it, just paint it or apply stick-on wood-grain :LOL:

Oh I got ripped off though, I spent $450 on that speaker setup alone... later found out it could be had for like $280 shipped.

It only comes with 2 speaker stands, and buying each one of those individually is like $45-50 shipped, so I ended up spendin another $100 so that I can have 2 fronts on stands and 2 rears on stands. Then the receiver was another $180-200 I forget... but it all matches very nicely and fits with literally everything else in my room.

Oh and lastly:
    OONZ OONZ OONZ OONZ OONZ!!!

Last edited: Dec 16, 2007
  4. OP
    OP
    asherchy

the box im building is gonna be completely see-through plexi... maybe a slight smoke effect. so i need the speakers and the wires to be works of art themselves as youre gonna see everything. looking for something along the lines of 61/2 mids with tweeters x 4 and a 10" sub.... but i know jack about stereos

5. gto

gto Track Ready Moderator

Los Angeles, CA
    05 FX35 RWD
    Garages:
    I'm running NHT's with Soundstream powered Super Subs. They're all matched, sound great & didnt break the bank. Worth looking in to.

6. OP
    OP
    asherchy

those are hott... look like jetson throwback of a drive-through restaurant

7. gto

gto Track Ready Moderator

Los Angeles, CA
    05 FX35 RWD
    Garages:
    Ya, the pro line is pretty odd design. The sound of their stuff is so crisp & clean. But if you're gonna build your own, good luck. I've heard that there's a lot behind good speaker design, so you may not get what you're looking for in the end. You may just want to go & buy something that's already proven.

8. trainerKEN

trainerKEN iS VIP iS VIP

what's the budget?

9. brown_fv

brown_fv Premium Member Premium

We have a Yamaha receiver, speakers are polk audio, and a velodyne subwoofer.

came to a bit around 3-4K for everything...reciever was about 1,200 or so

if you are looking for something good at an affordable price (dont know your price range) the box sets that come with a receiver and a 5.1 system are getting better and better...i would go with a yamaha system because they make really good receivers at decent prices.

10. OP
    OP
    asherchy

this is more along the lines of unemployed and want to make something... if it sounds like crap... ill put it on some set somewhere and get my money back. but if it sounds decent then all the better.