Welcome to InfinitiScene.com - Home for Infiniti QX and Q enthusiasts!
You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to the forums. Why not register on our forums and gain the extra benefits that our regular members enjoy?

• Enthusiast Owned and Operated!
  • Registraion is free.
  • You will be able to post, message, and interact with other members.
  • Our forum is full of friendly, knowledgeable members and staff.
  • Plenty of money saving opportunities from write-ups to maintenance help.
  • Create a garage and show off your ride and specs.
  • Opportunity for ad-free viewing.
  • Plus much more!

Registration is fast, free, and easy, so stop being just a guest and become one of our newly registered members today!

FX35 Higher octane gas with +2 timing?

Discussion in 'FX (03-08) - Engine & Drivetrain' started by brown_fv, Aug 13, 2007.

1. brown_fv

brown_fv Premium Member Premium

i was just curious if i have to change the octane of gas im currently using if i decide to increase my timing +2. i completely forgot about this simple yet effective mod...im currently using 91 octane, will that be good enough because the only other alternative is 94 at some stations but its quite pricey...

thanks.

*Registered members do not see this ad, register today!

2. Krayzie

Krayzie AĆ©rospatiale

91 octane should be just fine;)

3. Dr.2K

Dr.2K iS Doctor on Duty iS VIP

Santa Clarita, CA
    2005 FX45
    Garages:
    Yes, 91 is fine but you would probably see more benefit from 93 or higher. But the price may not justify the higher grade.

4. OP
    OP
    brown_fv

sounds good. another question...when i go in for service will i have to tell them not to reverse my timing or anything like that? if i decide to reset the ECU will i lose the +2?

5. Dr.2K

Santa Clarita, CA
    2005 FX45
    Garages:
    The dealer would probably not know you did the +2 unless they did a complete diagnostic. But if they ever had to do one on your FX then you may want to tell them. It falls within the normal parameters so no warranty issues.

Resetting the ECU will not reset the +2 so no worries there.

6. OP
    OP
    brown_fv

sounds perfect. now i just need to find a dealership in the area to do this for me...

7. Dr.2K

Santa Clarita, CA
    2005 FX45
    Garages:
    Yea b, that will be the tough part. It may also be as tough to find a dealer that knows what you are talking about :LOL:.