Welcome to InfinitiScene.com - Home for Infiniti QX and Q enthusiasts!
You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to the forums. Why not register on our forums and gain the extra benefits that our regular members enjoy?

• Enthusiast Owned and Operated!
  • Registraion is free.
  • You will be able to post, message, and interact with other members.
  • Our forum is full of friendly, knowledgeable members and staff.
  • Plenty of money saving opportunities from write-ups to maintenance help.
  • Create a garage and show off your ride and specs.
  • Opportunity for ad-free viewing.
  • Plus much more!

Registration is fast, free, and easy, so stop being just a guest and become one of our newly registered members today!

High Speed Polishing Wheels

Discussion in 'FX (03-08) - Wheels & Suspension' started by robb<35>, Dec 19, 2007.

1. what exactly is the process of polishing wheels? does it come almost out like chrome ? is it expensive to do? a friend was telling me that it looks much better than stock and almost looks like chrome

*Registered members do not see this ad, register today!

2. turbocad6

turbocad6 iS VIP iS VIP

brooklyn, ny
    Garages:
    when higly polished it looks like chrome, but it is super delicate scratches easily & will dull... if you keep polishing it it'll always look good, but neglect it a while & it loses it... for low maintanance the best thing is to polish it then clearcoat it, it looses a little shine & looks a little more satin than chrome, but it lasts & lasts that way, most polished aluminum wheels are clearcoated, so they don't look as shiney as a highly polished piece of aluminum, when highly polished it looks like a mirror, but just rub it with your finger & it scratches even...

3. OP
    OP
    robb<35>

robb<35> Member

really ? wow i was thinking of getting it done with my stock 20's , another memeber on this site his fx is silver with a black roof, has darker rims? did he paint them, can someone give me an example of a polished rim vs non polished?

4. Psiclne

Psiclne Guest

This guy?

GTO_JAN_08.jpg

roof1.jpg

Attached Files:

5. OP
    OP
    robb<35>

robb<35> Member

yes gtodave, those rims are painted right? is there anybody on the forums with polished wheels ?

6. Psiclne

Psiclne Guest

haha - no they are PS (photoshopped).
    Dave is our PhotoShop expert here.

7. OP
    OP
    robb<35>

robb<35> Member

wow couldn't even tell the difference, haha thats amazing, they still look good though, does anyone have their stock wheels polished?

8. gto

gto Track Ready Moderator

Los Angeles, CA
    05 FX35 RWD
    Garages:
    "This Guy" still has some mods he hasnt gotten around to yet :LOL::LOL:Maybe I should sublease your upstairs unit at LMS & get some stuff done. . . Ha Will?

I'm actually still on the fence on the wheel color change, but response is good, so maybe it's in the cards.

Love that black roof!

9. Psiclne

Psiclne Guest

No Prob Dave....LMS has room for ya! Lemme know & I'll even meet ya there.:biggrin: