Welcome to InfinitiScene.com - Home for Infiniti QX and Q enthusiasts!
You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to the forums. Why not register on our forums and gain the extra benefits that our regular members enjoy?

• Enthusiast Owned and Operated!
  • Registraion is free.
  • You will be able to post, message, and interact with other members.
  • Our forum is full of friendly, knowledgeable members and staff.
  • Plenty of money saving opportunities from write-ups to maintenance help.
  • Create a garage and show off your ride and specs.
  • Opportunity for ad-free viewing.
  • Plus much more!

Registration is fast, free, and easy, so stop being just a guest and become one of our newly registered members today!

Headlights dont turn off

Discussion in 'FX (03-08) - Electronics & Lighting' started by Krayzie, Nov 28, 2007.

1. Krayzie

Krayzie Aérospatiale

so i bought some Hoen fog light bulbs and installed them a couple of nights ago and noticed my headlights dont turn off when they are on auto:err: the timer is set to 30 secs and im not sure if its because of the bulbs or something else...any ideas?

*Registered members do not see this ad, register today!

2. Keemo

Keemo Premium Member Premium

I've just installed the same fogs about a week ago and havent had any issues. :confused:

3. brown_fv

brown_fv Premium Member Premium

Thats odd, i dont think the fog lights should affect your auto head light settings. if your fog lights are turned off does the auto still not turn off?

4. Dr.2K

Dr.2K iS Doctor on Duty iS VIP

Santa Clarita, CA
    2005 FX45
    Garages:
    Krayzie, brown is right there is no correlation between the two. If there is then something is wrong. Double check your setting. I'm sure you over looked something.

5. IlovemyFX

IlovemyFX Premium Member Premium

Vancouver, BC
    2005 FX35 AWD
    Garages:
    Thats odd. Could it have been like that before the light change and you only noticed after while you were looking at the lights in your driveway? Btw how do they look. Post a pic. I was thinking of getting the Hoens but wasn't sure how they would look with the stock headlights and LED DTRL's.

6. OP
    OP
    Krayzie

Krayzie Aérospatiale

the bulbs are a bit bluer than stock bulbs so i think they would match really well with 6000K. I'll post some pics tomorrow now, sleeping time for me;)

7. Keemo

I can confirm that. I thought they'd be a better match, dont get me wrong, they look great but some 6K bulbs need to be next.

8. OP
    OP
    Krayzie

Krayzie Aérospatiale

keemo for some reason i didnt quite understand that:err: can you re-explain that please:LOL:

OK!! so i got my lights to work and there was nothing broken. im just stupid:wub:

my photoshop decided to not work today so i couldnt crop the pics properly...

the fogs are a bit bluer than the stock bulbs
    IMG_6654-2.jpg

and ohh look what i can do;)
    IMG_6653-2.jpg

and some boredom
    IMG_6681-2.jpg

9. Keemo

re-explain? On the site, they bragged how well they matched stock 4000K lights...(ours are 4300k I believe)

Xenonmatch Factory Wattage
    Höen xenonmatch bulbs are optimized to match the color of OEM HID low beams or Höen xenonmatch plus and Titanium bulbs. The xenonmatch line is a true 4,000k bright white lamp that replaces the factory 'yellowish' bulbs as seen in the image above. All xenonmatch bulbs operates at vehicle manufacturer suggested wattages and are plug and play, easy to install in minutes.

Oh....how the did you do that with the 'fogs only' on??!!! I've been trying to figure that out. :LOL:

PS. Nice house.

10. Dr.2K

Santa Clarita, CA
    2005 FX45
    Garages:
    They are not a perfect match but look very nice!

I don't believe the infiniti oem HID bulbs are 4300K, I think they are 3800k.

11. brown_fv

Damnit...because i saw those pics i just ordered a set of xenon match fogs...and yesterday i ordered a set of 6000Ks!

i thought i was gonna stop modding for a while but i guess not!:frown::cool::LOL:

BTW, really nice house...

12. asherchy

asherchy Premium Member Premium

you putting 6ks in your house? all of em are yellow except for that on in the left corner.
    wonder if i can angeleye my porch sconces???

13. OP
    OP
    Krayzie

Krayzie Aérospatiale

brown: when you get your bulbs installed make sure to take pictures because if the fogs match nicely with 6000K bulbs i think ill buy some.

asherchy: LOL, no its those "white" light bulbs...they take a while to get used to

and its snowing outside :XiS:

14. Keemo

+1, I think it'll finish off the front end nicely. I've seen a lot of variations to 6k lights.. from very white to more blueish. I know Lebron had some realy nice White ones, I think they were MTEC. The Phillips are a bit bluer from what I've seen.

not sure, maybe fxlr8 can help... Thinking about making headlamp beam brighter - InfinitiScene.com

Last edited: Dec 1, 2007
  15. brown_fv

I always thought the stock bulbs were 4300K...i thought it was like that on most cars with HIDs

16. Frankiago

Frankiago Evo Troll Premium

IL
    3800K will be very yellowish and noticeably non-stock. 4300K is in fact our stock HID bulb temperature.

What DTRL's are you guys running?

Meet-NightLights.jpg

Far left = mine, LED DTRL's, stock headlights and Hoen xenon-match fogs. DIRECTLY to the right of mine is completely stock lighting

Far right = Wireboltman, I believe exact same setup.

Weird fog lights in the middle = wasabiz45 :rofl:

I think mine are a perfect match with LED DTRL's... possibly stock yellowish DTRL's are throwing off the hue of the headlights? Or possibly my LED DTRL's making my headlights seem a lil more blue-ish?

17. OP
    OP
    Krayzie

Krayzie Aérospatiale

i have the Stock HID bulbs and Hoen xenon-match fogs...i dont have any DTRL because my LEDs burnt out and didnt put the stock in because they look ugly:wub:

18. Keemo

19. brown_fv

Im using 24 LED for my DTRL. its bluer than the stock 4300K bulbs, but with the 6000K D2S i ordered im pretty sure they will match well

20. Dr.2K

Santa Clarita, CA
    2005 FX45
    Garages:
    I have the same 36 LED DTRL Keemo ordered. It is slightly blue in color like 7K bulb but not as blue as a 8k. The 15 LED bulb was basically white like a 4300k bulb.